Twitter: Fish: Should the NFL do something about the hard pylon

conner01

Reaction score
I don't think that was a typical end zone pylon. It looked like a new first down marker.

The pylon was positioned on a base and the bottom of the pylon looked like it had some type of connector in it and that is the part Elliott's side landed on.
It has a camera

adamknite

Reaction score
It's weird to me that when "they" first started using pylons to mark the endzone lines or whatever, they were made soft and out of foam... because they didn't want them to interfere with the game or injure players if they ran into them. Then they started putting camera's in them and apparently were like "screw all that player safety nonsense, we need a good shot".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Get softer pylons and the camera could be in a drone. I'd have drones all over the place if were up to me. If that computerized drone ballet is possible then they can have computerized drone shots of the goal line.

GINeric

Reaction score
No question.......For some reason, I actually thought it was soft sponge-like.

They used to be soft until they installed cameras in them. They need to make it soft again, because it will eventually cost a player a few games if they fall on it knee first or elbow first.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Get out of here with that science fiction stuff. There's literally no way to suspend a camera from the ceiling with wires or anything.

You're kidding right? You must not have every attended a game in person.. There is a camera suspended on wires for every TV game which moves up and down the field.. It literally can cover pretty much every inch of the field. Including the goal line. The only reason they did not get the correct shot on the play against Philly was that they stopped it from behind the offense when it easily could have moved another 5-10 feet and been directly above the goal line.

Wait.. was this sarcasm.. If so.. my apologies..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It was weird seeing Zeke in pain. I’ve seen him take a lot of hits but never seen him in pain like that.

What amounts to a piece of metal whacked him in the ribs.. He said it felt like somebody had stabbed him ... so he had to take a minute to chill out.. There are no pads in that area so it was a clean shot he took. Anybody who has ever been hit by anything hard in the ribs can tell you it takes a minute for that pain to settle down. The NFL definitely needs to address that. A little higher and it might have broken his ribs.. and taken him out for multiple games..

HungryLion

Reaction score
It was weird seeing Zeke in pain. I’ve seen him take a lot of hits but never seen him in pain like that.

It looked like falling on a massive lego. That thing has zero give.

Knowing how it feels to step on a lego. I can’t blame Zeke for being in pain for a while.