Fish Show: 2 Scouts say Cowboys coaches asking too much of Dak

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good show, about what 2 scouts told Fish about Cowboys, just their opinion.
One thing that came out of it is both JG and MM have asked Dak to do too much, instead of just letting him be who he is.
So to me it is what I sometimes talk about, it is how you use a player that matters. Dont force a square peg into a round hole, it doesnt work very good.

They talk about dak, guyton,beebe (he should be center only, not a guard) and some other guys and stuff.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
They've given him little, they've given him lots, and he still can't get it done. So if that's "who he is" (and it is), then you move on. The only thing he hasn't had is great coaching, and he's not getting that here, ever.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing that came out of it is both JG and MM have asked Dak to do too much, instead of just letting him be who he is.
So to me it is what I sometimes talk about, it is how you use a player that matters. Dont force a square peg into a round hole, it doesnt work very good.

They talk about dak, guyton,beebe (he should be center only, not a guard) and some other guys and stuff.

Mediocre and a need-to-be-carried QB can only take you so far.
The End..................of Dak!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only offense Dak could have some success with is a system that gets him out of the pocket 75% of passing downs. Like Linehan designed.
He's not mobile since the Injury so that's out.
Moore developed a offense using quick horizontal routes featuring CeeDee and Pollards quickness and cutting ability to break open early and roll up huge RAC. MM and Schottenheimer have continued to develop this . However it is defensable with above average talent. Dak is limited by a below average arm and inconsistent accuracy. Especially under pressure. They are not asking Dak to be Aaron or Brady, every QB in the NFL has to compete against difficult defenses, Dak cannot .

If preforming in the NFL against decent defenses is asking too much? I'm sorry but that's life.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Not usually a Fish man, but totally agree that the Dak issue is that Jerry's on the fence and he can see the problem signing him, but just cant let him go.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I saw how satistfied he was during last years preseason games. Standig on the sidelines giving Tips to the starting qb cooper rush and handling some playcalls.

Minus the playcalling i think that should be his place. Of course not in dallas.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
+1 Can't have it both ways.....
,,,,,,yep this fence sitting and that's why this year's a soft reset. Paying off 'some' of the CAP commitments, whilst still trying to pay Dak (hoping that Dak'll meet him somewhere in the middle).

As mentioned may times, Jerry's got the option of being realistic of the 2024 and saying, we're not competing....cut Dak (Pre-June), save the $29m, clear the CAP hit in 2024, give Lance a chance (maybe/ maybe not succeed). Then 2025, excellent CAP position (even possibility in on the Dak Sweepstake if he wants).

The fact Jerry has (to our knowledge) not looked at this as a viable option screams of him wanting (and eventually capitulating to) Dak.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
,,,,,,yep this fence sitting and that's why this year's a soft reset. Paying off 'some' of the CAP commitments, whilst still trying to pay Dak (hoping that Dak'll meet him somewhere in the middle).

As mentioned may times, Jerry's got the option of being realistic of the 2024 and saying, we're not competing....cut Dak (Pre-June), save the $29m, clear the CAP hit in 2024, give Lance a chance (maybe/ maybe not succeed). Then 2025, excellent CAP position (even possibility in on the Dak Sweepstake if he wants).

The fact Jerry has (to our knowledge) not looked at this as a viable option screams of him wanting (and eventually capitulating to) Dak.
Or maybe he's hoping Dak will just leave on his own if he waits long enough. Kinda like how he handled the "firing" of Garrett.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The fact Jerry has (to our knowledge) not looked at this as a viable option screams of him wanting (and eventually capitulating to) Dak
100% ......I honestly think he sees Dak as being close to being that guy and is scared to death that he could put it all together with another team. Something we don't hear much about is everything and/or how they have invested in Dak. Looking at the resources, money, and time invested and getting this close ........to give it up and start over?

starfrombirth

Reaction score

You don't cut Dak.... find a team he's willing to be traded to and get something out of him at least!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Or maybe he's hoping Dak will just leave on his own if he waits long enough. Kinda like how he handled the "firing" of Garrett.
I agree Jerry doesnt want to be the one that's responsible for the decision, but that's due to his indecisiveness (and reason he's an awful GM, and is also seen in his 'Liking His Own', he cant make a decision on trading on trading or letting them go, so he prevaricates until the issue gets to crisis point).

He wants, in order:
a) Dak takes a team friendly deal
b) Find it so uncomfortable in Dallas (hence not spending in FA), that he demands a trade (or waives his NTC)
c) Plays Dak out, we underperform and Dak miraculously wants Dallas (on lesser money).....or he gets massively overpaid (which is a possibility), and Jerry plays the "Look, he's not worth that".
d) Cut him,.....but Jerry cant see a future without him and would be fearful of the PR backlash.

After all that.....what WILL happen, is Jerry will capitulate to EVERYTHING Dak wants (possibly in July).