Fish Show: 2 Scouts say Cowboys coaches asking too much of Dak

visionary

Reaction score
Dak, coaches, CD, Parson, they all sucked in that game. if it was me, I would get rid of all of them. but I get it. people are Dak Obsessed.
some of them will literally cease to exist when Dak is gone.

and you missed the point. there was another 87 threads on GB game, with everything getting hashed out 12982 times.
so do we need another one?
Ah, the “it was everyones fault” excuse from Dak apologists

How (un)original

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ah, the “it was everyones fault” excuse from Dak apologists

How (un)original
ok, its Dak's fault. lets regurgigate the 17292 comments from the past 176 threads on GB game. we need to hit 22000 comments and 200 pages before calling it done.

you missed the forest because of the trees. get it!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak, coaches, CD, Parson, they all sucked in that game. if it was me, I would get rid of all of them. but I get it. people are Dak Obsessed.
some of them will literally cease to exist when Dak is gone.

and you missed the point. there was another 87 threads on GB game, with everything getting hashed out 12982 times.
so do we need another one?
So why contribute?

Your first point may well be accurate, however, the first 'cab off that rank' is Dak and the contract.

The GB effect is real, as to the morning of that game all indications were (as evidenced by the restructuring) was to extend Dak....that game shook the belief. No longer could we overlook the previous defeats as....well SF are the powerhouse of the Conference (and we came within a score of beating them).

Sandyf

Reaction score
One thing I have always noticed on the Dak threads is that no one ever says who they would replace him with as the starting QB that has any merit. Draft choice, sure but what will you have to give up to get that high to have a shot at a guy that could win. Trade, no team is going to trade you Burrows or Allen or Herbert. Cousins maybe, Hurt maybe but are they upgrades.

Next year, currently, we will have zero QBs on the roster meaning if they don't extend Dak or Rush or Lance then some will get there wish of some 3rd string QB in FA or pick a QB late in the 1st round of the draft or trade up to take a QB in what is predicted to be the worse draft for QBs since 2016 where 15 QBs where drafted and the only 2 that have done anything is Goff and oh, Dak. And the draft where 6 QBs taken in the first 12 picks and the prediction is only 2 will be of any major contributor.

Every team struggles with the salary cap usually pushing things down the road and Dallas is no different. Can Dak win in the playoffs? Haven't seen it yet but could he if the situation was right, sure. This time of year we always have the naysayers about how Cowboys won't even make the playoffs to those who believe we will win the division and a couple of playoff games. Fact, none of us know what will happen because far to many factors weigh in from contracts to injuries to other teams injuries to weather to you name it. We will have to wait and see what happens, like it or not.

So now we just complain or praise with our opinions. Vent one way or the other with the only fact is the Cowboys are going to do how they view it not ours. Such is the life of a football fan especially a Dallas Cowboy fan.

sbark

Reaction score
How many times have opposing players told media that Dallas Offense is easy to read over years?
I remember Minn, in Dallas, bench players yelling out upcoming Dallas play....likely was a Zimm defense.
So, ya....lets simplify it more for a 1 read Qb.

Solution ...get the O.Line to a irresitible force, that forces a def to bring 8+ into box, then like 90's Cowboys, can pik their poison of choice

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So why contribute?

Your first point may well be accurate, however, the first 'cab off that rank' is Dak and the contract.

The GB effect is real, as to the morning of that game all indications were (as evidenced by the restructuring) was to extend Dak....that game shook the belief. No longer could we overlook the previous defeats as....well SF are the powerhouse of the Conference (and we came within a score of beating them).
so back to Dak again. Dak was bad.

tell me who was good in that game?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good show, about what 2 scouts told Fish about Cowboys, just their opinion.
One thing that came out of it is both JG and MM have asked Dak to do too much, instead of just letting him be who he is.
So to me it is what I sometimes talk about, it is how you use a player that matters. Dont force a square peg into a round hole, it doesnt work very good.

They talk about dak, guyton,beebe (he should be center only, not a guard) and some other guys and stuff.

We are terrible at managing players...healthy and injured. Zeke, Parsons, Dak....to name a few.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
One thing I have always noticed on the Dak threads is that no one ever says who they would replace him with as the starting QB that has any merit. Draft choice, sure but what will you have to give up to get that high to have a shot at a guy that could win. Trade, no team is going to trade you Burrows or Allen or Herbert. Cousins maybe, Hurt maybe but are they upgrades.

Next year, currently, we will have zero QBs on the roster meaning if they don't extend Dak or Rush or Lance then some will get there wish of some 3rd string QB in FA or pick a QB late in the 1st round of the draft or trade up to take a QB in what is predicted to be the worse draft for QBs since 2016 where 15 QBs where drafted and the only 2 that have done anything is Goff and oh, Dak. And the draft where 6 QBs taken in the first 12 picks and the prediction is only 2 will be of any major contributor.

Every team struggles with the salary cap usually pushing things down the road and Dallas is no different. Can Dak win in the playoffs? Haven't seen it yet but could he if the situation was right, sure. This time of year we always have the naysayers about how Cowboys won't even make the playoffs to those who believe we will win the division and a couple of playoff games. Fact, none of us know what will happen because far to many factors weigh in from contracts to injuries to other teams injuries to weather to you name it. We will have to wait and see what happens, like it or not.

So now we just complain or praise with our opinions. Vent one way or the other with the only fact is the Cowboys are going to do how they view it not ours. Such is the life of a football fan especially a Dallas Cowboy fan.
I have asked that questions 1800 times. none of them have an answer. they don't like Dak. blame him for everything that's wrong with the cowboys. literally. nobody else bears any responsibility or fault. get rid of him and we are better by subtraction. they talk about Cap cap cap, yet go silent when I told them last year prior to Diggs signing we had 15M on the cap. the year before 20M, and that was after cutting Cooper. so who would you sign? dead silence. I asked, lets say cap wasn't an issue who would you sign to make this team better? silence. oh, and they always point to Rush. Rush went 4-1. that's the usual answer.
I ask, would Rush win a playoff game? but but but Rush was 4-1.

none of them want to committ to anything and are afraid of being wrong. they all like to just complain. that's all its about. complaining. some of them will literally cease to exist if Dak is gone. literally the only topic they post about is Dak.

some of them say go draft. see KC, they had Smitha nd drafted Mahomes. great I said. what about the other 30 QBs that failed as first rounders in the same span since Mahomes? silence. but but but Smith, Mahomes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many times have opposing players told media that Dallas Offense is easy to read over years?
I remember Minn, in Dallas, bench players yelling out upcoming Dallas play....likely was a Zimm defense.
So, ya....lets simplify it more for a 1 read Qb.

Solution ...get the O.Line to a irresitible force, that forces a def to bring 8+ into box, then like 90's Cowboys, can pik their poison of choice
How many times has it been posted .. Dak sucks?
There is your answer. :muttley:

shabazz

Reaction score
so back to Dak again. Dak was bad.

tell me who was good in that game?
Fair question......nobody on defense for sure. Not even one sack, lol

The irony is that a case can be made that Gallup had the best game on offense. I think his game stats were the best of the year......of course in garbage time.

Reaction score
Good show, about what 2 scouts told Fish about Cowboys, just their opinion.
One thing that came out of it is both JG and MM have asked Dak to do too much, instead of just letting him be who he is.
So to me it is what I sometimes talk about, it is how you use a player that matters. Dont force a square peg into a round hole, it doesnt work very good.

They talk about dak, guyton,beebe (he should be center only, not a guard) and some other guys and stuff.

Dak won't let them pay him to be a limited QB. He either plays like mahomes and gets paid that way or he doesn't which likely means he will be elsewhere next year

Creeper

Reaction score
Stop comparing him to Brady and Rodgers. Dak is neither of those guys. But the fact we can only name 3 guys like them, including Mahomes, tells you the chances of finding a QB to compare to them is slim to none, so let's stop pretending cutting Dak automatically results in the next HoF QB playing in Dallas. And of the 3, 1 is retired, 1 is almost retired and over 40. Guy like that are exceedingly rare.

In the meantime, worse QBs than Dak have won Super Bowls. Dak can too, but not for the Cowboys because the truth is Jerry never goes all in to win. Every year we watch teams sign top tier free agents to plug gaps in their rosters while the Cowboys look for the trash other teams discard. Then they sell us the you-know-what sandwich that they have a team of stars, every draft pick is a steal, and their goal is the Super Bowl. We are witnessing it all again now with the vidoes of our draft picks playing like future hall of famers as each play is cherry picked to show how great the guys is.

This year we entered the off-season with two glaring problems, we can't run the football and we can't stop the run. We lost Pollard to free agency, and who did the Cowboys sign to replace him? Royce Freeman and Zeke. Where is the improvement? How about on defense. We let 4 defensive linemen go to free agency, including the best run stopping DT on the team. To replace them? A second round draft pick that I can't really complain about, and a 7th round draft pick. We will enter the 2024 season with the same 2 problems we had last year, plus, we have no #2 WR.

Dak is not the problem, unless he holds the team up for a $60 million contract. The problem is the rest of the roster isn't good enough to win and it is not good enough to win because Jerry is not willing to go "all in", ever. It has nothing to do with the salary CAP.