Twitter: Fisher about Cowboys adding language after the contract was agreed on

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Don' worry. RG is not going to be goo din that Grass high altitude field. He going to wish he bever signed that contract. I doubt he plays a 17 games season with his condition.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Fisher is giving us the Cowboy management spin on a deal that fell through. I am sure Gregory's agent has another version but we will likely never hear about it. No need to. Gregory and his agent got what they wanted. They got paid.

Seems to me like Mike Fisher's primary source of info always comes from the Cowboy brass. They supply Fish with stuff. I would remind you that just a few hours ago Fish was telling everyone that Denver was not even in the Gregory market. There was no offer from Denver. That likely came from a well placed source inside the Star.

I think we have a real problem with Jones & Son and the media. They want to be in print or on the airwaves as often as possible. They tend to leak anything and everything including player negotiations to please and impress media personalities. Well managed teams do not do that. Belichick does not. The Chiefs signed Mahomes before the media had a sniff. But Jerry Jones and his son have this need to be in the media daily or at least close to the media.

The cowboys should move on. Turn the page and go to the next player and his agent and negotiate. The Gregory story for Dallas is done. No need to feed the Fish this stuff.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I think Randy Gregory just cashed out.

He will give it a go this year and when Denver media and fans start giving him **** for not living up to his contract he will just fade away High into the Rocky Mountains.

Probably his plan all along.

Maybe, he just did Jerry a favor for all the years he supported him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Check who his agent is. If it’s a new agent maybe the conspiracy theory is true, otherwise I just think the Cowboys know what Mr. Gregory is up to more than the other teams, and were scared to commit money for a guy who could easily get himself kicked out again.

Flamma

Reaction score
I liked Gregory, but why has this become such a big deal? It's not like he was Harvey Martin. To me, losing Gregory is not much more than when a quarter slips out of my pocket and between the seats in my car. You say damn, and move on.

fredp22

Reaction score
it has to be in every contract. no team will sign a player to millions for years without some sort of behavior clause. Something else happened that hasnt come out
it could be as simple as "do I want to play for a team that hasnt done anything in 26 years" and entering a lame duck year or play for a team that wants to win

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Randy Gregory is now a bronco because he wanted to be a bronco

So if anyone here has walked through downtown Denver recently, I’ll give you a hint of what is painted or displayed at practically every street corner. With his history… ya know what I’m saying…

giphy.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
it has to be in every contract. no team will sign a player to millions for years without some sort of behavior clause. Something else happened that hasnt come out

But apparently Denver didnt have a clause like that in their contracts.

So my question is "why does Dallas have language regarding behavior in their contracts if other teams, like Denver, dont?"

Rodney308

Reaction score
And, apparently, the clause was in Gregory's last contract that he signed with the Cowboys. His agent lives in Denver.

fredp22

Reaction score

So my question is "why does Dallas have language regarding behavior in their contracts if other teams, like Denver, dont?"
cant believe Denver wouldnt. Theres to much money on the line. I think all teams/contracts have that clause

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

The real question is do you want an overpaid player that can't trust himself enough to agree to the contract that involves a moral clause?

We lucked out.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

His agent wanted to force the language out. Went with the offer that did not include it for the same money.

Team did a lot for Gregory but if someone is giving you the same money but won't take anything away if you relapse (and most addicts do relapse several times) then you have to go with the cleaner offer.