Twitter: Fisher about Cowboys adding language after the contract was agreed on

Sydla

Reaction score
So as I said the earlier reporting was leaking coming from Gregory’s camp to make it look like he wasn’t the bad guy leaving, it was all the Cowboys’ fault.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
So if anyone here has walked through downtown Denver recently, I’ll give you a hint of what is painted or displayed at practically every street corner. With his history… ya know what I’m saying…

giphy.gif

LLLOOOLLL

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I think this is exactly what happened. The Broncos wanted Gregory and Gregory wanted the Broncos. The Broncos told Gregory to get the best deal he could get with the Cowboys and they would let him know if they could match it.

ThatJerryKid - out

What’s more concerning is as fish mentions here, is that that clause was in the damn contract he initially signed a couple of years ago
Hey Randy don't let the door hit you in the you know what on the way out.

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Randy made the decision the Cowboys should have made. He’s not worth that money. We should all be thanking the sticky icky.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Don' worry. RG is not going to be goo din that Grass high altitude field. He going to wish he bever signed that contract. I doubt he plays a 17 games season with his condition.
He ain't gonna like that wind and that cold air blowing on him up there either. Have fun Randy.

plymkr

Reaction score
So my default in a situation like this where one person is saying one thing and another person is saying another is the truth is probably in the middle. Either way I'm a little leery of signing a guy that would not agree to a behavior clause.

So if the truth is in the middle that the Cowboys have the language in the contract that they can void it if he is fined by the league, not suspended, but fined by the league for using drugs and RG balked at it. Then that tells me his mind is more focused on smoking than playing football. JMO. Personally regardless of the past issues RG produced 6 sacks all season. We can replace that production. Also I want to point out he played his best with Quinn. Quinn may be able to coach up another player to get 6 sacks. But at the end of the day RG got 6 sacks and played horrible in the playoffs. Not sure how much of a tragedy this is to lose him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Ahh in my opinion
Who cares
Good luck Randy
Be a bronco
Enjoy your new team for your 11-12 games per season and hope you get 4-40 sacks
You’re a bronco

MiddleStar

Reaction score
You know why I am not upset with the front office for this move:

1. They had a lower value on the contract initially to Gregory but decided to match. That showed that they still believed in him and would extend themselves to accommodate him. Loyalty. Also shows that they probably had the right dollar amount since Denver was the only one going that high.
2. After he got upset about something that is and probably will be in 52 other contracts come opening day (and one that was in his last contract - and not enforced) his teammates didn't go to Twitter to complain. Instead they went to Twitter to start recruiting other players. Shows that they know what really is going on. Also might mean that RG wasn't that well liked in the locker room either.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who knows what really happened, there are several versions that are being reported.

Bottom line, like Fish said, this is a massive FAIL by Steven and the front office for not getting the deal done. As Fish said, it was a layup and a gust of wind knocks the ball out of your hand.