Fisher: Cowboys Exploring Jarran Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I sure hope so. This team needs to invest in defense, defense, and more defense.

And did I mention the defense?

Trade Gallup to cash out some investment at WR and move the investment to defense.

We spent the 1st of the last 2 drafts on WR. We're overinvested at WR and underinvested on defense. Cash out Gallup.

A trade for a similar defensive player would be fine too. Like for like. Get a contract year defensive starter from another team who we'd want to extend. That's the value in Gallup on the other end of any trade.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Said that as well, Jaylon will be getting phased out,, eat that bad contract,,, lot of cap going to the bench, a very nice back up.
Stupid contract, was then is now, we seem to love over paying those that probably like to hug Jerry a lot.
If Quinn had confidence in Jaylon I doubt he would have brought in Neal, so its Quinn sending a message at least,, I like that,,, watch Quinn end up being the next HC here..
lol

They guaranteed 7.2mil to Jaylon to phase him out? If only. No, we won't just waste the cap, we'll waste the snaps too. Sad.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They guaranteed 7.2mil to Jaylon to phase him out? If only. No, we won't just waste the cap, we'll waste the snaps too. Sad.
Thats Jerry.

I agree. When it's one of his boys he won't want to move on.

He wants to justify the draft pick and the contract.

I think they have a chance to move him for a low pick and sign Wright but I don't see him doing it.

He doubles on dumb often. In this case its triple.

He has to prove he wasn't wrong, plus he has most likely formed a personal relationship with the player.

Its maddening type of stuff and we sit here and hope things change and they never do.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
From your keyboard to Jerry's ears.

They signed Poe to non-trivial money. Seemed to be a clear change in philosophy at 1T with Marinelli gone, both in spend and player type, a predictable change when you move from Marinelli's one gapping 24/7. And this draft does have the players.

It's a prediction based on observation of facts, not just hoping.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In fairness I'm sure part of Quinn selling himself for the job was that he would fix both of Jerrys prized LBs.

So I can see why the team may not be so fast to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.