Fisher: Cowboys Exploring Jarran Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So he gets to sit down and collect a kings ransom? Sounds about Dallas
No matter how you guys feel about him there is absolutely no way you can justify cutting him to gain 400k....even if you despise him you have to have enough common sense to think he's at least worth a roster spot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol wow. Typical. We don’t do anything snd we are lazy. We do something and it’s dumpster diving. Wright and Reed are better than anything we currently have at those positions currently. Only thing dumpster worthy is your post.
I mean trying to shore up holes by guys who hav been cut by some poor defenses could be seemed as dumpster diving. But to me one man's trash could be another man's treasure so I'm not against it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No matter how you guys feel about him there is absolutely no way you can justify cutting him to gain 400k....even if you despise him you have to have enough common sense to think he's at least worth a roster spot.
You underestimate the mindless hate that some fans can have and how little some of them understand football.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Lol wow. Typical. We don’t do anything snd we are lazy. We do something and it’s dumpster diving. Wright and Reed are better than anything we currently have at those positions currently. Only thing dumpster worthy is your post.
Look at the free agents NE signed versus the normal dumpster diving by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Every player NE signed is 28 years old and under, started, and have upside. If they are older than 28 they are core special team players.

This is what the Cowboys used to do when it traded for Chuck Howley (coming off a year after knee surgery), signed Novacek, Washington, Agee, Smith, etc.

This is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones normal dumpster diving in another teams trash can for old or used up players that fit the cheap and available criteria.

Wright and Reed will only slow the development of younger players to get on the field and develop the chemistry and continuity that Spears, Canty, Ratliff, and Hatcher had under Parcells.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You underestimate the mindless hate that some fans can have and how little some of them understand football.
I get it man but that's just silly. I see the hate he gets. And hey these guys can dislike or hate him all they want but one thing they can't deny is that as bad as Jaylon was....he was the best of the linebacker group. The whole unit deserves that same hate. Either way, no one can justify cutting Jaylon to gain 400k other than they don't like the guy. That's it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look at the free agents NE signed versus the normal dumpster diving by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Every player NE signed is 28 years old and under, started, and have upside. If they are older than 28 they are core special team players.

This is what the Cowboys used to do when it traded for Chuck Howley (coming off a year after knee surgery), signed Novacek, Washington, Agee, Smith, etc.

This is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones normal dumpster diving in another teams trash can for old or used up players that fit the cheap and available criteria.

Wright and Reed will only slow the development of younger players to get on the field and develop the chemistry and continuity that Spears, Canty, Ratliff, and Hatcher had under Parcells.
I mean honestly.....Patriots dumpster dived too they just paid more for their trash than we did lol. Free agency is dumpster diving it itself.

phildadon86

Reaction score

The pats overpaid every single player they brought in. But sure.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I get it man but that's just silly. I see the hate he gets. And hey these guys can dislike or hate him all they want but one thing they can't deny is that as bad as Jaylon was....he was the best of the linebacker group. The whole unit deserves that same hate. Either way, no one can justify cutting Jaylon to gain 400k other than they don't like the guy. That's it.
I wonder if any of them understand that if you put Wright in Dallas last year and Smith in Seattle... Smith would’ve looked like the better player by a stretch?

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
"Cowboys Exploring Jarren Reed"

Pretty sure I watched that in my Hotel room 2 years ago when the wife and kids went shopping.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wonder if any of them understand that if you put Wright in Dallas last year and Smith in Seattle... Smith would’ve looked like the better player by a stretch?
Man.....I've said all along that it wasn't just Jaylon all of the linebackers looked so maybe it isn't just on the personnel? Maybe it was scheme? Lack of a presence in the interior? I do wonder how good Wagner and Wright would look with Poe in front of them as opposed to what they had.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It looks like someone has gone full troll...
:rolleyes:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Last time would be Damontae Kazee.

He does spew stories on all those FA, so he will get something right once in a while. The guy has no clue or any really "inside" source. He might as well be posting this stuff on CZ like the rest of us.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
or sounds like a Ron Jeremy Flick lol..
Redd24a64a24dcea3bd8269b9fe36ad0a

LOL

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Man.....I've said all along that it wasn't just Jaylon all of the linebackers looked so maybe it isn't just on the personnel? Maybe it was scheme? Lack of a presence in the interior? I do wonder how good Wagner and Wright would look with Poe in front of them as opposed to what they had.....
Yeah, the scheme was terrible last year and frankly, for the first part of the season about half the guys on defense had no idea where to be or what to do. It was a cluster **** that happened because Nolan and Tomsula couldn’t connect with their players and the chemistry was horrible.

They were missing assignments all over the place way more than they were getting physically beat by better players. It was, in large part, the players not buying in to what the coaches wanted to do. Guys like Poe, who simply wanted a paycheck and put forth little effort, and Griffen who openly complained about the scheme, only served to disenfranchise the rest of the players to what they were doing defensively.

Once they got rid of the malcontents and went back to more of what the defensive players were used to, things got noticeably better.

By that time though, so many injuries had hit that, while the scheme and chemistry were better... there were actually talent issues. The DT’s were down to guys we didn’t even really know and rookie Gallimore. LVE was out or not effective because of injuries and half the secondary was out hurt or other teams cast offs. The best secondary players were a rookie corner who missed over a month with a broken foot and a late round safety that was having to learn as he went.

It all came together to make an all-time disaster on that side of the ball and frankly, nobody looked good. It is more than disingenuous to simply say the players sucked and that they need to be replaced. Smith may not be great but he was nowhere close to as bad as some make him out to be. I’ll be fine if they replace him soon but it is lunacy to want to cut the guy and simply eat that salary... particularly after they paid his roster bonus. There is no logic behind that.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He does spew stories on all those FA, so he will get something right once in a while. The guy has no clue or any really "inside" source. He might as well be posting this stuff on CZ like the rest of us.
He's been working the Cowboys beat since the 90s, so he does have close sources. What he does that I don't like is he sensationalizes everything trying to get clicks & subscriptions. And just because the Cowboys are interested or exploring a player doesn't mean they will sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.