Video: Fisher: Cowboys looking at WRs

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we're doing that yet. Not saying that I'd be upset with us bringing in Hilton rather than just relying on a former second-round receiver who hasn't shown he can compete for more playing time and a rookie from a non-Power 5 conference.
I like bringing in a bunch of young guys for camp competition.
Sometimes a decent contributor rises out of the group.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wants him to be the 4th option in Tampa (5th if Gronk comes back as they keep stating will happen on local sports talk down here). He already will have Evans, Godwin, and Gage. No disagreeing with what you said, just stating that it would not be the same situation as here.

Though yes Godwin may miss a little time similar to Gallup.

If he can get through camp healthy, we might not even notice Gallups absence. The fact he'd be the 4th or 5th option in Tampa speaks to their talent not his.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Dez was bad for Dak, cut. Cooper bad for Dak, traded for 5th round pick. Trade for Samuel, give him a dumb contract and cut/trade in 3 years rinse and repeat.
Lol we’re so predictable it’s terrible.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If we can land guys like Julio Jones, Will Fuller, and TY Hilton in late May for what is likely a far below market value one year deal, why the heck did we draft a wr in round 3?

I don't think there's any issue with looking at those guys. Also a 3rd round pick shouldn't preclude anyone from making a move if it makes that position group better. Everyone on that list is a short term solution that fills a hole until Gallup returns sometime in Oct. Then they likely slide to number 3 or 4 dependent on the development of Tolbert and Washington.

Lamb, Gallup, Jones/Hilton, Tolbert, Washington, Brown/Simi looks like a solid group.

Jake0

Reaction score
Fuller would be a great pickup. If the FO had him in mind this whole time they get some brownie points.

*actually forgot about the PED bust. Not so sure about that one, but if he comes cheap with incentives for actually playing games, then yes.

Last edited: