Twitter: Fisher: Cowboys saving last spot for OL/DL

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I'm hoping for dline. Sans significant trade, there is no olineman we could sign that would make an impact, but we could sign a dlineman who would make an impact on our rotation.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean the talent that is now on the street?

Bet we could get a late pick for Costa or Berny as our backups, something we couldn't do with anyone we had at 5th CB.

I'd be stunned if we could get a pick for two stiffs like Costa and Bernadeau.

Yes, I think Sterling Moore was comparable or better than the other 5th CBs in the league. The Cowboys decided it wasn't important. I agree with them. It's not.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score

Yes, I think Sterling Moore was comparable or better than the other 5th CBs in the league. The Cowboys decided it wasn't important. I agree with them. It's not.

Two stiffs with starting experience in the NFL, something Liss didn't have and we got one. As for Moore, I know you don't watch CBs so you wouldn't know, but he wasn't that good at all. He wasn't better than a guy we could put on the practice squad, so he is sitting on his couch right now, as he should. Its not cause they didn't see the need, they didn't have the talent to keep there.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I think they are holding that spot until after the first game to add a veteran. No need to add or keep a player you know you'll cut next week. I think Fisher is guessing about OL/DL. I think they are saving the spot for Waters, Moore, or Armstrong. If it is Waters, this is the right way to do it. Sign him, see what he's got, and then if he is washed up, kick him to the curb without having to pay the whole season's salary. But, it is not unusual for me to be mistaken about the Cowboys' plans.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still think Waters is gonna put down the remote control and join us. Then we boot off one of our backup OLers and pick up DL help

I'm with you.

Waters added, the Arkin charade finally ends.

Fredd

Reaction score
I am not losing a minutes sleep on Moore...a 5th CB? we can get by with one of the ST guys covering a 4th or 5th receiver if needed...

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I'm with you.

Waters added, the Arkin charade finally ends.

Why the hate on Arkin? They knew he was a project when they drafted him. If can make as much progress between this year and next as he did last year and this, he will be a good player. Since they have an open spot, they don't need to cut Arkin.
Personally, I'd rather cut Livings or Bernadeau. They have already reached their potential. They are all they are ever gonna be.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think they are holding that spot until after the first game to add a veteran. No need to add or keep a player you know you'll cut next week. I think Fisher is guessing about OL/DL. I think they are saving the spot for Waters, Moore, or Armstrong. If it is Waters, this is the right way to do it. Sign him, see what he's got, and then if he is washed up, kick him to the curb without having to pay the whole season's salary. But, it is not unusual for me to be mistaken about the Cowboys' plans.

Moore is only a 3rd year vet so waiting doesn't affect him.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

It sounds about right concerning the "two stiffs", they need to get rid of these guys, some of these other cut players will be better options.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why the hate on Arkin? They knew he was a project when they drafted him. If can make as much progress between this year and next as he did last year and this, he will be a good player. Since they have an open spot, they don't need to cut Arkin.
Personally, I'd rather cut Livings or Bernadeau. They have already reached their potential. They are all they are ever gonna be.

Mostly because he simply can't play.

And he's had plenty of time to show otherwise and hasn't.

He fact that the Cowboys have done anything and everything to keep him off the field clearly shows this, therefore there is no reason he should remain on the team.

He's had more than enough time to 'make progress' and simply hasn't.

Arkin has had three years. More than enough time.

And Livings is already done in Dallas.

IR this year, released next year.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I still think Waters is gonna put down the remote control and join us. Then we boot off one of our backup OLers and pick up DL help
Yea I think this may be the case also. I wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sounds about right concerning the "two stiffs", they need to get rid of these guys, some of these other cut players will be better options.

Sounds dead wrong to me, given that these guys are borderline-starting NFL OLs. We'd obviously get low round picks for them if we were interested in dangling either of them, which we're obviously not.
Moore's a back-roster CB who got caught in a numbers game. He might well be back in week 2, and if he's not, we did sign Pellerin to the practice squad if we're really looking to add another CB at some point.

coult44

Reaction score
Wait, what?

I had to go back and look at the draft board after you said this. Let's ignore the fact that they had a 3rd round grade on a guy who went to the Vikings in Round 7. Why didn't they put in a claim for him?

Because like I said earlier today, our draft board means nothing to the GM. Why should they pay any attention to it now. And, why do we as fans care about it when he doesn't...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that were the case, he would have been cut already. Unless you know something Callahan and Garrett doesn't know.

Look no further than what facts show you.

They will reshuffle this offensive line into any group that allows them to not have to put Arkin on the field.

Actions speak louder than any words.

Jacob Rogers, James Marten, Robert Brewster, David Arkin.

Another miss.

The sooner they admit it, the better off they'll be.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sounds dead wrong to me, given that these guys are borderline-starting NFL OLs. We'd obviously get low round picks for them if we were interested in dangling either of them, which we're obviously not.
Moore's a back-roster CB who got caught in a numbers game. He might well be back in week 2, and if he's not, we did sign Pellerin to the practice squad if we're really looking to add another CB at some point.

of course sounds wrong to you. Which is probably why it is actually the way to go.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If that were the case, he would have been cut already. Unless you know something Callahan and Garrett doesn't know.

show me when they have actually activated him during a regular season game. Very likely he will NOT BE activated for the Giants. Would that be enough PROOF for you.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Livings and Bern have been a train wreck combined, sorry but getting anything for them would be a blessing.

However, Livings is on IR and would cost the team regardless and it appears they will try to squeeze something out of Bern even if simply for depth.

If it were possible to actually trade them and receive even low draft picks it would be a no brainer.

Further, I would definitely take a look at other players because we know the Livings and Bern combo was a disaster, to not admit this fact is dead wrong!

Nirvana

Reaction score
Look no further than what facts show you.

They will reshuffle this offensive line into any group that allows them to not have to put Arkin on the field.

Actions speak louder than any words.

Jacob Rogers, James Marten, Robert Brewster, David Arkin.

Another miss.

The sooner they admit it, the better off they'll be.

Another year on, er, in the weight room could do Arkin a lot of good. Another thing about the guy is he always seems healthy, and available for plug in. That has to be a highly regarded quality right there, with these other guys being a mash unit. He looked good at times in pre-season and beat out a lot of guys to make the roster. I don't think he's reliable at all in terms of quality guard play, but his ceiling goes up from here.

I didn't have him making the roster but can see the rationale.