Twitter: Fisher: ESPN's Finebaum say Meyers couldn't co-exist with Jerry

ShiningStar

Reaction score
they can't hire aikman. He is already on record as stating he disagrees with their management style. That means that after the first loss the local media will be looking to pin Troy against Jerry-Stephen. That is a recipe for disaster.

there is also the issue that Aikman has never done this before. I heard him last year on the ed werder podcast say that Josh Rosen is the best qb available in the draft and should be taken number 1. He went on about how he is the most nfl ready and would be the most successful long term. That means that had Dallas had the number 1 pick last year and aikman was in charge they would have picked Josh Rosen.

People would be losing their minds. I look forward to Aikman being in the league and I think a place like the LA Chargers is a perfect fit for him. he would bring a level of attention and interest to that organization that it needs, he is as much an LA guy as a texas or Oklahoma guy. Seems to be a perfect match at some point.

i dont disagree wtih what you stated, i did say it was not the best option, however it is gaining attention. I stated a legacy move, because it would take a lot of flak off Stephen and give him possibly more positive attention compared to the swamp his dad created. im not back tracking, just didnt say it as good as you.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This right here proves you have a preference are are using that to make a choice. Urban does one thing. He adapts. Sure he is a college coach now. I believe he would bring his offense of course but he would also adapt the NFL Game. Watching videos of him discussing ST x and os is mind blowing. The guy just knows football.

Yes I do have a preference and its certainly not urban meyer. Also yes he is a good coach but I don't think there is a chance it would work in the nfl and especially not with Jerry and Stephen.

Who knows though he may be able to talk art with Jean and impress everyone and it just might be his face staring back in the skymirror in a few weeks....in which case we are doomed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes I do have a preference and its certainly not urban meyer. Also yes he is a good coach but I don't think there is a chance it would work in the nfl and especially not with Jerry and Stephen.

Who knows though he may be able to talk art with Jean and impress everyone and it just might be his face staring back in the skymirror in a few weeks....in which case we are doomed.
So a guy. Who has won everywhere hes been. Will fail? Over someone from the old school with no HC experience? I think they have the same odds of failing. I would prefer someone who has won something somewhere over someone who is an assistant to someone who won something. Look at Belichek disciples records as an example.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This is all hot garbage. I've never heard a single coach say anything bad about working for Jerry other than Jimmy, and even he praises Jerry. Their issue was two newcomers to the NFL who both wanted the limelight and credit. As far as football goes, even Parcells liked working for Jerry.

Jerry spends the money, signs the contracts, and makes the draft picks and trades that his coach wants. He doesn't coach or dictate. He just likes the spotlight.

If a coach wants the spotlight only on him and for the owner to stay in the shadows, then don't come to Dallas, but that has nothing to do with winning football games. If he wants an owner who isn't tight with his money, who will wheel and deal, take chances, and spend money to get the players he wants, then Jerry is the man.

you need to read between the lines and look closer. Parcells put it out there pretty clearly when he left and said "When I am gone you will never know I was here"

think wade enjoyed his time being scapegoated by the Garrett-Jones connection? Howabout chan Gailey? He was hired to fix an old broken team and install his offense and the first thing that he had to deal with was irvin and aikman complaining to Jerry about his offense he was hired to install. He made the playoffs twice and was fired. How do you think he felt about Jerry?

MikeB80

Reaction score
So a guy. Who has won everywhere hes been. Will fail? Over someone from the old school with no HC experience? I think they have the same odds of failing. I would prefer someone who has won something somewhere over someone who is an assistant to someone who won something. Look at Belichek disciples records as an example.

He has won everywhere in College Football. This is the nfl. Not sure what Belichick's assistants have to do with anything. They are nfl coaches.

the chance of failure is extremely high no matter who it is thanks to the jones family.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He has won everywhere in College Football. This is the nfl. Not sure what Belichick's assistants have to do with anything. They are nfl coaches.

the chance of failure is extremely high no matter who it is thanks to the jones family.
You brought up Dan Campbell because he is a hard nosed NFL assistant. So was Matt Patricia. How did that work out? Thats what I am saying.

ESisback

Reaction score
It is both amazing and disheartening at the lucrative careers that people can have in playing these "characters" who know little to nothing about the subjects they're paid to speak about. Even Sharpe, who actually played the game, does nothing but "hate the Cowboys" in order to play the foil to Bayless and get a steady paycheck. He brings little to nothing in the way of support of his claims, but instead gets paid to sit there and say "Cowboys suck Skeeup!"

It saddens me that there are so many people dumb enough to tune in and give these clowns ratings that justify those fat paychecks.

Sharpe...Horse teeth, Joker lips, Cowher jaw, and a suit two sizes too small, so everyone can see how buff he is! He’s all day with the “Dak sucks”, but he keeps pushing for that max contract. He knows it would cripple us against the cap.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sharpe...Horse teeth, Joker lips, Cowher jaw, and a suit two sizes too small, so everyone can see how buff he is! He’s all day with the “Dak sucks”, but he keeps pushing for that max contract. He knows it would cripple us against the cap.

And still (last I heard anyway) can't or won't admit that Dak is the superior quarterback to Wentz.

cowboyec

Reaction score
doubt it...if Meyer wants to come here.
not a fan of Finebaum...I think he just wants it to be Riley so he can be right.
Joe Klatt thinks Meyer would take it if offered...he knows Meyer as well as Finebaum.
Meyer knows who the GM is.....and he knew that when he said what he did on The Herd.
if Meyer "WANTS" to coach again and is offered this job...it sounds like he'd take it.
we'll find out after The Super Bowl.

Plankton

Reaction score
Urban Meyers.

Add it to the fan lexicon.

giphy.gif

yimyammer

Reaction score
yeah I said the same thing above. He doesnt want to be wrong about Riley. He has been saying Riley will coach the Cowboys since day one.

If what you're saying is correct, then he's lying about Meyers

If so, how does lying about Meyers make his claim that Riley will be the coach more legitimate?

yimyammer

Reaction score
We are going to end up with Chip Kelly v.2 with meyer or riley and the giants are going to end up with Rhule who has the potential to be a top coach in the league and are going to possibly get a young tom coughlin.

it's really going to suck.

don't sweat that amigo, remember the Giants are gonna hire Garrett if the Cowboys don't keep him

yimyammer

Reaction score
Parcells put it out there pretty clearly when he left and said "When I am gone you will never know I was here"

Man, I've been look for a good source to substantiate that quote for years, please tell me you have a link to a reliable source for this quote (& post it)

thx

MikeB80

Reaction score
Man, I've been look for a good source to substantiate that quote for years, please tell me you have a link to a reliable source for this quote (& post it)

thx

he said it to babe laufenberg when babe went to his house in saratoga in the spring of 2007.