Twitter: Fisher: ESPN's Finebaum say Meyers couldn't co-exist with Jerry

plasticman

Reaction score
Actually, the only candidates for the job are fools that are gullible enough to believe they will be given sufficient authority to create the team, culture, and system compatible with their coaching philosophy.

After fooling Parcells, the word is out. All that is left is anybody desperate enough for an opportunity, someone nobody else wants.

kumizi

Reaction score
Paul Finebaum is just Skip Bayless or Stephen A Smith in a different package. Don't take anything he says seriously.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

ESPN's Finebaum: Urban Meyer Couldn't Co-Exist With Cowboys' Jerry Jones Beyond One Game

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/espns-finebaum-urban-meyer-couldnt-co-exist-with-cowboys-jerry-jones-beyond-one-game/

Mike FisherDec 12, 2019
https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D883

FRISCO - ESPN's Paul Finebaum probably knows Jerry Jones only by reputation. But he surely knows Urban Meyer, and that's enough for him to label the idea of a marriage between the two, "One of the most hilarious things I've ever heard,'' Finebaum predicting that the relationship wouldn't last beyond one game.

They said the same thing about Bill Parcells, so who knows.

Considering Meyer is unemployed right now, those coaches paychecks look pretty good, even if you suck at it. Just look at Clappy, makes $6 million a season and has won 2 playoff games in a decade.

johneric8

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm reading post from forum members whom don't think Urban would be a good coach. Lets be honest guys, there isn't a large gaggle of young hall of fame coaches waiting to be plucked up. Garrett was hired with very little experience, never won anything, just a basic nobody who could talk a good game. Parcells was good but was looked up as washed up by most. Ron rivera hasn't been good either, he might be a good coordinator but that is about it.. Someone like Urban Meyer will command respect and get the most out of these guys, that is what he does. At this point, at this moment, our boys need someone they can believe in and give them an attitude.

Lets be honest with ourselves, Garrett is one of the worst head coaches we will see in our lifetimes, Urban Meyer is one of the best. End of discussion.

exciter

Reaction score
Exactly. Jerry will be giving Stephen more responsibility this upcoming season. Everyone who thinks Stephen has no influence is dead wrong. If he didnt. Dez would still be here. And Manziel would be our QB
Hell, Stephen, Garrett, and linehan were the ones pushing to move on from Dez, Jerry was the only holdout!
Never mind... mis read it!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We are going to end up with Chip Kelly v.2 with meyer or riley and the giants are going to end up with Rhule who has the potential to be a top coach in the league and are going to possibly get a young tom coughlin.

it's really going to suck.

Jerry certainly appeared to have some exceptionally high praise for Matt Rhule here, quite recently! ;)

There's no telling if it's just a passing comment or a serious one but the thought was there, in any case.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry is an old man and probably desperately wants to see Dallas win at least one more Super Bowl before he dies. Yes, the man has a massive ego but I think the prospect of imminent death will be enough to make him swallow that pride and avoid ego-ing Urban Meyer out like he did Jimmy Johnson. I predict Jerry will be willing to lie low and let Urban call the shots for the rest of Jerry's life.

That's a pretty unique idea, in my book, although, it might seem quite an adjustment for one of Jerry's penchant for calling the shots?! I'd actually like nothing better than to see Jerry tone down the control freak in him, however -- at least to some noticeable extent. That'd be a refreshing change! :)

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
No legitimate coach can coexist with our egotistical meddling owner.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The most successful college coaches are used to just about total reign over the football operations. That usually does not exist in the NFL and the most recent example of full control conversion failure is Chip Kelly.

I am sure there is a middle ground most teams can settle on if they cherish a top NCAA coaching prospect and start negotiating terms. That middle ground does not exist on the Cowboys. Ownership being responsible for football ops is not going to be a good fit for many candidates, the best ones anyway. The lack of accountabilty combined with the overwhelming organizational leverage is toxic arrangement.