Fisher: Jerry Jones Will Sell Dallas Cowboys in Next 2 Years Claims Shameful FOX Sports Report

blueblood70

Reaction score
The value of the Cowboys is only going to continue to rise every year as it has year after year after year after year......
That's not necessarily true I mean if the league hits a wall as far as popularity goes and say it drops the step and then starts to kind of go on a downward trend you know it's kind of like the market the stock market I don't think the NFL is gonna stay at this level forever....

I'm pretty sure Jerry has people to let him know when that might happen and he could get out then but yeah I could see a decade of the Jones family still owning this so people can constantly complain and they can hope that he sells the team or he leaves or something drastic changes but I doubt that so knowing what could be this Dallas Cowboys ownership and the way it's structure is gonna be the same for the next decade I recommend that anybody who's unhappy with it should probably get out now..lol​

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Yeah. No way.

Owning the Dallas Cowboys is akin to winning the powerball lottery weekly for 75 years. You don't sell that kind of revenue flow.

I'd bet the Dallas Cowboys as a singular entity could create a GDP for well more than 40% of global nation-states.

It's unfortunate that the brand has become larger & more important than its core function of winning football games, but it is what it is.
Fixed it.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Does anyone really think that constipated slug looks or sounds even remotely like he has any interest in this team? Of course not. But would he give up this cash circus? Of course not. He'll take it from Daddy as soon as he learns to say "all in".

CCBoy

Reaction score
So, let's get this all straight...you guys are getting all your poker money together and are just going to purchase the Cowboys. Right?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The bald guy in the video has no idea what he is talking about. There is no way Jerry is selling the Cowboys. And the Jones family is not going to allow him to sell.

calico

Reaction score
I hope jerry gets the Vince McMahon treatment one day and the NFL comes in and roots the Jones’ stench outta the franchise and we get a new owner ship group.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The bald guy in the video has no idea what he is talking about. There is no way Jerry is selling the Cowboys. And the Jones family is not going to allow him to sell.
I think he’s being facetious. The Zimmer hire was so atypical for Jerry that it’s like he doesn’t care any more and the only explanation must be that he’s ready to dump the team

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I do wonder if Jerruh's 3 kids and his widow will continue to get along peacefully when Jerruh dies.
Is it a for sure thing that the other two will be ok with Stephen running things?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Cowboys lucked into Romo and Prescott for basically no cost.
2 good QBs that kept the Cowboys relevant.
Once Prescott ages out and the losing seasons pile up, we will see how it affects the teams value.
Also throw in the old time loyal fans are dieing off, I think things will get ugly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think he’s being facetious. The Zimmer hire was so atypical for Jerry that it’s like he doesn’t care any more and the only explanation must be that he’s ready to dump the team
In time, Zim will be seen as a good hire.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If I were a betting man, I sure wouldn't put much stock in what the author of this article chooses to say! The Jones clan isn't of a mind to follow what this fella prefers to publish. Being desperate for "clicks" doesn't make anyone likely to be reliable as a scribe. Many prove this on an ongoing basis. As long as the money keeps rolling in as it has in recent decades, this franchise will most likely endure for many years to come.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys lucked into Romo and Prescott for basically no cost.
2 good QBs that kept the Cowboys relevant.
Once Prescott ages out and the losing seasons pile up, we will see how it affects the teams value.
Also throw in the old time loyal fans are dieing off, I think things will get ugly.
That happens all around the NFL many teams trip into good players it's not always a plan like the 49ers this insane notion that a lot of the players they got especially Brock Purdy they tripped over him they overpaid for Trey Lance that could have set them back for a decade and accidentally got Brock Purdy it was a complete accident there's that was not a plan.. No more of a plan than New England and Tom Brady, I mean even Kurt Warner with the Rams he wasn't even supposed to be the starter he was an undrafted free agent that won them a Super Bowl got the Arizona Cardinals to a Super Bowl there was no plan... So at least Prescott was taken in the fourth round that's not a low round they targeted him of course he wasn't looked at as a early starter but he should get credit fork drafting him in the fourth round which was higher than Brock Purdy or Tom Brady...

all complete accidents,

the teams just need to get credit for drafting the players noticing they were good and then making them a big part of their team so just pointing that out acting like we can't find another quarterback it's just really not understanding sports...

Lots of low round picks turn into good players and it was just dumb luck but it happens all the time...