Fisher on 105.3 - McCarthy, Richard and Marinelli Coaching Hire

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I caught Fisher this afternoon.

Fish made a strange comment. He said Richard ran the back seven of the defense and Marinelli agreed to a dual DC thing and ran the front end. Fish went on to say he wasn't certain if this is why the team had trouble up front.

This was from memory, and paraphrased. But it contains the jistof what was said.

In week 14 or 15 in Jean-Jacques Taylor's weekly piece where he's supposed to reveal "inside info" he talked about a fight between two coaches that was bad and took the team with it, but that both coaches had repaired the rift.

There were other hints of this too throughout the later part of the year, and I'm pretty sure it was Marinelli and Richard. Not just because of the contracts, the defensive coaches need a complete overhaul. Everyone is keeping the details in house (to their credit) but you can tell something happened that led to that collapse this year.

FanSince71

Reaction score
Everyone is keeping the details in house (to their credit) but you can tell something happened that led to that collapse this year.

I hope that the decline of the defense in 2019 (stats be damned) is truly as simple as philosophical/schematic differences causing a rift between coaches because I seriously doubt Mike Nolan is going to retain ANY of the current staff. Just like McCarthy chose Nolan, allow Nolan to choose his guys on the defensive staff = Cohesiveness

kumizi

Reaction score
Might as well ask the liquor store guy what he has heard.

Fisher is just a complete waste.

He has not been on top of literally anything that has been going on with the team at a critical juncture in their history.
I have no idea how that clown has made a career out of this.

He said the Mavs were not targeting Luka Doncic. I called him out on that after the draft. He banned me from his site LOL

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I caught Fisher this afternoon.

Evidently Brett Favre stated McCarthy can handle Jones. Fisher went into a bit of detail stating Jones can have his radio show, or announce things like changing starters or whatever flips his burger.

McCarthy is the general. He runs the team. Both Aikman and Chris Simms commented on the hire. Aikman said he loves McCarthy. Jones has to allow him to run the team. Chris Simms also stated before the hire that McCarthy was perfect for this franchise. He will be a tough guy, no nonsense, and for the talent here, he will not be a new guy to the league who is trying to figure it out. Stated the WCO could be a good thing for this team.

Fish made a strange comment. He said Richard ran the back seven of the defense and Marinelli agreed to a dual DC thing and ran the front end. Fish went on to say he wasn't certain if this is why the team had trouble up front.

When asked if there were only two candidates the Jones boys talked to, Fish said they talked to Peyton six month ago. And as time wears on you will hear of others they talked to, perhaps outside of the end of season interviews.

He did say Meyer was more into being courted than actually agreeing to coach. And that sometime down the line Jones will tell the stories behind the also-rans in the coaching hire.

This was from memory, and paraphrased. But it contains the jistof what was said.
Appreciate your recap, sir

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

He has not been on top of literally anything that has been going on with the team at a critical juncture in their history.

He had a radio show in Dallas back in the early 90's. He was the first to state Deion was coming to the Cowboys, at least a month before anyone else. I've heard him many times predict things that came true.

So I disagree.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He had a radio show in Dallas back in the early 90's. He was the first to state Deion was coming to the Cowboys, at least a month before anyone else. I've heard him many times predict things that came true.

So I disagree.
I know you two might go way back. But he is a hack now TD.

He has never been on top of anything in terms of breaking news probably since your Deion thing. As for that thing about Favre, hey, I have Sirius as well.

And let's get honest. He might have been something before the internet, but now he is pretty much out of touch.

And he is living off where he thought he was back in the days of the White House.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
He really hasn't. Most of the Dallas media has been wretched, except for the hot lady who missed a scoop because she was getting her nails done

Ask him about his misses on twitter and he will block you. I would have a hard time feeling like my life had any value if all I did was traffic in professional sports entertainment rumor mongering

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yep I was listening at the same time. The only thing he said that made me sigh was he does think Moore will stay, but may not call plays. I see no reason to keep him anymoore

He designs plays that use modern techniques to get players open and McCarthy recognized this during his off season study. It is likely he would like to have him around for his input in this area.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I have no idea how that clown has made a career out of this.

He said the Mavs were not targeting Luka Doncic. I called him out on that after the draft. He banned me from his site LOL
That is his thin skin MO.....aside from his Paulie Walnuts, gold chain and chest hair slimy exterior

bewp7

Reaction score
the more i hear about the bizarre decisions with coaching this season (co-defensive coordinator nonsense and garrett having moore and his play calling forced on him) the more amazed i am that they even won 8 games. talk about a recipe for dysfunction and disaster...

Alexander

Reaction score
Ask him about his misses on twitter and he will block you. I would have a hard time feeling like my life had any value if all I did was traffic in professional sports entertainment rumor mongering
The best was yesterday when a guy got in his face about being out of the loop and the only defense was claiming the guy was stalking him. Then a lame joke about Silence of the Lambs.

Real weak.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know you two might go way back. But he is a hack now TD.

He has never been on top of anything in terms of breaking news probably since your Deion thing. As for that thing about Favre, hey, I have Sirius as well.

And let's get honest. He might have been something before the internet, but now he is pretty much out of touch.

And he is living off where he thought he was back in the days of the White House.
He is a rumor peddler like Slater has turned into. "Leaks info" daily because thats what his base wants. They want daily updates of what the Cowboys are doing from "sources". He has sources, but I think they mislead him alot. Its really mutually beneficial, because no matter how often he is wrong, people will tune because he just may be right. He's spins how he was correct even when he wasn't. Not necessarily well, but his core audience buys it

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy is the general. He runs the team. Both Aikman and Chris Simms commented on the hire. Aikman said he loves McCarthy. Jones has to allow him to run the team. Chris Simms also stated before the hire that McCarthy was perfect for this franchise.
I caught Brian Billick on TV this afternoon. He said McCarthy was the "perfect" hire for the Cowboys and that Nolan was the "perfect" choice for DC.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
$$$$$$$$$$

Alexander

Reaction score
He is a rumor peddler like Slater has turned into. "Leaks info" daily because thats what his base wants. They want daily updates of what the Cowboys are doing from "sources". He has sources, but I think they mislead him alot. Its really mutually beneficial, because no matter how often he is wrong, people will tune because he just may be right. He's spins how he was correct even when he wasn't. Not necessarily well, but his core audience buys it
I don't think he has any "sources" other than simple deduction, a Twitter account and Sirius radio.

You know, like a lot of us who don't get paid for the job actually have.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
The best was yesterday when a guy got in his face about being out of the loop and the only defense was claiming the guy was stalking him. Then a lame joke about Silence of the Lambs.

Real weak.
He is insecure because he has no real value and is months away from pasture

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

The liquor store guy's contract is also up. Will McCarthy keep him?