Fisher saying Cowboys have pick 50 earmarked for Earl Thomas

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
This Thomas talk was, is, and will always be nonsensical.

Think about it: Dallas will have at least two that will command $20 mil/season after next year (Martin, Lawrence) -- essentially 1/3 to 1/4 of the cap. Thomas is 29. Even if the trade looks good on paper, good for 2018, how are we going to afford him in '19 and beyond?? We are NOT 1 S away from a championship in 2018. Gotta have more foresight for 2019 and beyond. I mean, I hate to put the 2018 season down before we even get there, but at this point, this team is more about rebuilding than being like the Saints or Rams (who are going all-in for 2018).

ksadler1

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys use Fisher to confuse everyone. Like I've said a dozen times, for a supposed "insider", he knows nothing. Of course he always has an excuse being wrong. Anyone remember the last time he was right about ANYTHING football related?

snadler

Reaction score

Think about it: Dallas will have at least two that will command $20 mil/season after next year (Martin, Lawrence) -- essentially 1/3 to 1/4 of the cap. Thomas is 29. Even if the trade looks good on paper, good for 2018, how are we going to afford him in '19 and beyond?? We are NOT 1 S away from a championship in 2018. Gotta have more foresight for 2019 and beyond. I mean, I hate to put the 2018 season down before we even get there, but at this point, this team is more about rebuilding than being like the Saints or Rams (who are going all-in for 2018).

While I agree to some extent, 2 seasons ago this team was nfc east champs and division winners, so while the roster has been turned over, they can still be contenders next season, and Thomas definitley helps

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I have it on VERY good authority that Earl Thomas is coming to Dallas for a 7th and a lifetime supply of potato chips.

He's negotiated a league minimum contract.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Dallas wanted him and will give him a deal if they can get him.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Dallas wanted him and will give him a deal if they can get him.

Let's hope it's a cap friendly deal for 2019 and beyond for what will be a 30+ year old safety (albeit a good one). Again, a lot of our own guys we'd want to keep.

And I guess I'm just someone who's not used to spending a mint for a S. Then again, Dallas hasn't made it a priority since Roy (S) Williams, so there's that.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
I actually like Fish but boy he is not having a good few days. Yesterday it was the Cowboys loved Derwin James and were willing to trade up if he started to slip...now the Earl Thomas thing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Offer them next years 3

:facepalm:

Seattle has no leverage. I'm glad Dallas didn't bail them out, as so many here couldn't wait to do, when they clearly don't want to pay him.

Offer them NOTHING next year. No one else is trading for him, so they either pay him or he leaves.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I could see them trying to trade a fourth tomorrow for him.

But...but...I thought we HAD to give them our second? I thought other teams were after him?

We've got a lot of people here who I'd love to sell a used car. :muttley:

tico

Reaction score
Let's hope it's a cap friendly deal for 2019 and beyond for what will be a 30+ year old safety (albeit a good one). Again, a lot of our own guys we'd want to keep.

And I guess I'm just someone who's not used to spending a mint for a S. Then again, Dallas hasn't made it a priority since Roy (S) Williams, so there's that.
Byron Jones?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys use Fisher to confuse everyone. Like I've said a dozen times, for a supposed "insider", he knows nothing. Of course he always has an excuse being wrong. Anyone remember the last time he was right about ANYTHING football related?
I would have a guy like fisher around to do that if I was Jerry. Make him right on occasion with some splash but smoke screen more so. The media is influenced by money and who has the most controls the biggest influence.