Fisher: The Cowboys aren't looking to dump Zeke this year or next year

fivetwos

Reaction score
Of course not.....there's still way too many 21 jerseys in the bowels of Jerry's masterpiece to be sold.

They will cut him once that's down to a palatable figure.

That's Jerry Jr's department and we wouldnt want to make him look bad.

Sydla

Reaction score
Of course not.....there's still way too many 21 jerseys in the bowels of Jerry's masterpiece to be sold.

They will cut him once that's down to a palatable figure.

That's Jerry Jr's department and we wouldnt want to make him look bad.

They can save $5 million by cutting him after the 2022 season. $11 million if made a June 1 cut.

Instead, those two bozos will likely use nearly $17 million in cap space on a TB in 2023. Brilliant.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They can save $5 million by cutting him after the 2022 season. $11 million if made a June 1 cut.

Instead, those two bozos will likely use nearly $17 million in cap space on a TB in 2023. Brilliant.
My post was obviously sarcastic, but things like that make it abundantly clear that Jerry's relationships with certain players cloud the correct football decision far too often.

Personally I don't buy it. Elliott is gone no matter what happens this season. The salary is way out of line for the position, and the kid ain't going for that any longer.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Where does all the Zeke and Dak are best friends come from? TMZ? I'm sure they are friends but what is the source of sleepovers? I missed it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on what he does this season really.

Correct. Many fans will not see it this way. They have blinders on for Pollard being resigned and being the feature RB. That is not going to happen.
We just need to see how the season goes. This is something to be concerned with after the season.

Though the overall performances has been underwhelming, as to expectations, but the entire team has been as well, as for playoffs especially. I will see what this season brings first.
As I don't get into all the salary cap crap.
The same fans that scream about overpaying players, are the same ones that scream that they don't spend any $$$ on high profile FA's. :huh:

DonaldM

Reaction score
Correct. Many fans will not see it this way. They have blinders on for Pollard being resigned and being the feature RB. That is not going to happen.
We just need to see how the season goes. This is something to be concerned with after the season.

Though the overall performances has been underwhelming, as to expectations, but the entire team has been as well, as for playoffs especially. I will see what this season brings first.
As I don't get into all the salary cap crap.
The same fans that scream about overpaying players, are the same ones that scream that they don't spend any $$$ on high profile FA's. :huh:
He's not a high profile FA.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where the team loses is he won't be worth any reworked contract they give him by that point. You can replace him in day 3 of the draft at pennies on the dollar.

You’re very likely right. I hope that after this mistake, Little Enos and the Cowboys realize that you don’t pay running backs. But I tend to agree with Fisher that they will follow the Lawrence model for a pay cut that allows everyone (including Stephen) to save face.

RS12

Reaction score
If you thought Fisher was a boot licker before, he now does these short videos on Youtube, He cant make it through one of em without mentioning that Jerry thinks he could sell for 10 billion, or how great the Jones family is, Point being take everything with a mountain of salt. He is the team friendly media go to guy.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Fish said that Dallas kept playing Taco to prop him up? Was he in a coma? They made him a healthy scratch for weeks until he literally had no trade value. Much like the Cooper public trashinng in the media, Dallas is a master at devaluing assets when other teams are pumping sunshine on earnings calls.

Cowboys like to show their hand first before before the chips are in. They think their smart but the just make a total azz of themselves when it comes to talking about football.

Ken

Reaction score
6:30 mark of the video.

lol.

Literally, Stephen Jones and that Chris Guy(scouting guy was on Mick's show the other day) said they will have to do something next year with Pollard a free agent and Zeke's contract.

I have never seen them so upfront about a guys contract before. YET Fish thinks they don't want to get rid of him...lol

conner01

Reaction score
We will see but I wouldn’t expect them to be making some announcements right now

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Fish tends to report messages and rumors based off his own bias.
He frequently "reported" that Cowboys will keep Dez Bryant, no way departing with him.

He wants so badly to want to be the first to report, and generally that's just not the case.
His goal is to throw a dart in the dark and see what happens to stick.
I'm expecting another DLaw situation occurring, where the team asks Zeke to take a pay cut or play somewhere else.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who dresses Fisher? He looks like Herman, the Homeless Sports Reporter.

I don’t thInk he subscribes to The Aging Gentleman’s Quarterly with Rule #23: Once a gentleman has passed 50, shirts must always have sleeves unless you are cooking chili or in a Pabst Blue Ribbon chugging contest.

Creeper

Reaction score
Why should I believe a guy who looks like he just rolled out of bed after a 3 day bourbon binge?

But seriously, he makes a good point about redoing Zeke's contract. That is a possibility, if Zeke is willing to agree to it. I think Zeke does not have much of a choice because no other team in the NFL is going to pay him $11 million next year, $10 million the year after, and then $32 million more the 2 years after that.

I also believe Jerry Jones will not want to cut Zeke, ever.

But doesn't it all depend on how Zeke looks in 2022? If Zeke is unproductive again in 2022 then I don't see how the Cowboys justify keeping him. Maybe Zeke takes a pay cut in 2023 but He is not going to let the Cowboys reduce his salary under $5 million which is closer to what he deserves based on production.

This is Pollard's contract year and then I think he is gone. Jerry is not going to pay him and he will move on, especially if he is getting 2 carries for every 10 of Zeke's.

At the same time Zeke has to know that the Cowboys can cut him loose next year. So in effect it is a contract year for him. It will be interesting to see if he steps up to save his job for 2023.