Fisher: The Cowboys aren't looking to dump Zeke this year or next year

starfan1

Reaction score
Lets say Zeke rushes for 1500 yards? Then what ? His Trade value is off the charts. Then what?

Then I would say its an abhoration. Running backs are a dime a dozen and its been proven that the decline will take place from all thepunishment his body has taken.good organizations dont over pay them once let alone twice. Now if somone werre willing to offer up some capital for Zeke you take it but i doubt that would happen. Im sure if he ran for 1500 Jerry would back up the vaseline truck and take it up the wazoo again from Zeke.

The smartest thing the cowboys could do is look in next years draft for a replacement for Zeke and pay Pollard to stay if its a reasonable. If not he can get stepping too

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Then I would say its an abhoration. Running backs are a dime a dozen and its been proven that the decline will take place from all thepunishment his body has taken.good organizations dont over pay them once let alone twice. Now if somone werre willing to offer up some capital for Zeke you take it but i doubt that would happen. Im sure if he ran for 1500 Jerry would back up the vaseline truck and take it up the wazoo again from Zeke.

The smartest thing the cowboys could do is look in next years draft for a replacement for Zeke and pay Pollard to stay if its a reasonable. If not he can get stepping too

Do you mean aberration?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Lol. Fish is such a click baiter. He pulls this stuff out of his hat w/no FO sources whatsoever. Elliott would have been gone this year if not for that humungous cap hit. Jerry's not going to keep paying a guy that lump sum of money whose numbers keep declining. Hilarious!
Exactly. I can't get through a single video of his without wondering why he hasn't been charged with trespassing.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Lol. Fish is such a click baiter. He pulls this stuff out of his hat w/no FO sources whatsoever. Elliott would have been gone this year if not for that humungous cap hit. Jerry's not going to keep paying a guy that lump sum of money whose numbers keep declining. Hilarious!
Agreed. And Stephen brought it up multiple times that zeke is getting paid ALOT.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As I said, my only hope comes from the fact they didn't touch his contract when they restructured guys this offseason. That leaves the "out" still possible after this year.

This^^^^I honestly think it's up to Zeke. If he shows anything near his rookie form this season, I can see them bringing him back for 2023. His salary would on be $10M. We have to keep in mind Zeke is a complete RB as a rusher, catcher, and pass protector. Unless we can kind find a similar back, it'll take two to replace him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/

CoachD

Reaction score
So Zeke played on a partially torn PCL well I hope it's healed especially after not needing surgery.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sounds like Zeke will get an extension.:omg::huh:

Maybe, but before tha happens unruly lad, Zeke will have to refuse to practice, flee to Cancun then begins Jerry's courtship and expressions of feilty to Zeke who becomes a holdout until Jerry pays him what he deserves.:thumbup:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Has anything Fish ever said come to fruition? I swear he just throws darts at a topic board to report on.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score

So say you and the rest of the RB's are disposable crowd. There are those of us who KNOW better