Fisher's top 10 DC Replacements

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Just saw a podcast with Mike Fisher speculating the top DC's to replace Mike Nolan with:

1-George Edwards-believes he is the heavy favorite as Jerry with call Zimmer about him.
2-Marvin Lewis-found out there is a Pitt connection with him and MM, both on the staff together in the 90's
3-Vic Fangio-Fisher said he wanted him to interview for the GB DC job in the past.
4-Matt Patrica-he runs a similar hybrid scheme that MM likes
5-Dan Quinn-from the Seattle coaching tree, similar to the Marinelli Defense
6-Wade Phillips-connection with the Jones Family, former HC. 3-4 DC
7-Iowa State Coach
8-Kris Richard
9-Rahiem Morris-interim HC with Atlanta
10-Lovie Smith-runs the Tampa 2, Marinelli was his DC with Chicago

Bonus-Sean Lee
You can take the Iowa State DC off the list. I know him. Iowa State is his last coaching job.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Whomever they decide to replace Nolan with, they should clean house and get rid of all the defensive assistants and allow the new DC to hire his own people.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I like Mike Petine a lot. Not sure he’d be available. I wouldn’t touch Smith, Phillips, Lewis, or Richard.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He needs to go back under Belichick's skirt.

His players hated him. You can't pretend to be Belichick unless, well, you are a lot like him. The landscape is littered with the failed acorns from his tree.
Thats why im baffled. Dudes saying hes their first choice. I swear some of these dudes are worse than Jerry. Lets make a hated douchebag our top choice :facepalm:

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Really? The guy is 40. That would be a shocker. He is going to have a bunch of jobs come his way.
Matt Campbell is the head coach. I was talking about ISU's DC, Jon Heacock, who is 60......btw, Campbell is already the coach of the 6th ranked team in the nation. No team ranked above his current team is looking for a coach. Btw, he's making $4.5 mil / yr. at ISU, and will sign a new contract with them after this season with with a hefty pay raise. His career has been spent coaching on the offensive side of the ball. He won't leave ISU to be a NFL DC or Head coach for that matter. His wife and young family love Ames, IA.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Just saw a podcast with Mike Fisher speculating the top DC's to replace Mike Nolan with:

1-George Edwards-believes he is the heavy favorite as Jerry with call Zimmer about him.
2-Marvin Lewis-found out there is a Pitt connection with him and MM, both on the staff together in the 90's
3-Vic Fangio-Fisher said he wanted him to interview for the GB DC job in the past.
7-Iowa State Coach
8-Kris Richard

Bonus-Sean Lee

KRichard is gone. Jerry lost him.

Wade will never coach for Jerry again. He was humiliated by Jerry when he fired him on the plane flight back from Green Bay.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Matt Campbell is the head coach. I was talking about ISU's DC, Jon Heacock, who is 60......btw, Campbell is already the coach of the 6th ranked team in the nation. No team ranked above his current team is looking for a coach. Btw, he's making $4.5 mil / yr. at ISU, and will sign a new contract with them after this season with with a hefty pay raise. His career has been spent coaching on the offensive side of the ball. He won't leave ISU to be a NFL DC or Head coach for that matter. His wife and young family love Ames, IA.

My mistake

Forneymike

Reaction score

7-Iowa State Coach
8-Kris Richard

Bonus-Sean Lee
I’m guessing Fisher doesn’t know that Fangio is a head coach at Denver
Dan Quinn is ok if you get the players he had at Seattle
Give Wade two year contract because the defense sucks beginning in his third year
Anyone who watched Kris Richard’s defense would not have him on this list
Iowa State coach has a better job there and will want to be a head coach
We tried the Tampa two experiment. Unless you have Derek Brooks, Warren Sapp and Ronde Barber, forget it.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm not discounting his experience but let's not bring in Wade Phillips.

He said some things as head coach that would concern me if he were DC.

Not the culture or vibe I would want in Dallas.
There is a big difference between being the HC and being the DC. Wade is a great DC and Dallas would be lucky to have him. The players let him down in Dallas.

jsb357

Reaction score
Care to share that thought
Personally I don’t think he’d be interested anyway but just curious

basically his "aw shucks" approach the the penalty problem that the team had. Penalties problems are the result of a lack of discipline. Teams like that rarely win at the highest level.

conner01

Reaction score
basically his "aw shucks" approach the the penalty problem that the team had. Penalties problems are the result of a lack of discipline. Teams like that rarely win at the highest level.
I get that
Thanks

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Does Dom Capers want to be a DC again? I was surprised that he is still working.

He did have a few bad years with GB but that was mostly when Woodson left for Oakland.

Very surprised he's not on the list given his history with MM

pitt33

Reaction score
Ernie Stautner

I’ve got to stop living in the past.

In all seriousness I wouldn’t mind Morris or Bowles. This defense needs some nastiness.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He flew the coop, while he could, as he didn’t want to work for JG and this clown show any longer.

Dumb take. Go back and research what actually happened with that one if you don’t remember.