Video: Fish's instinct tells him Jerry Makes Randy Gregory demand

Beaker42

Reaction score
When is he going to learn to keep his nose out of coaching decisions.
LMAO ......... JJ HAS kept his nose out waaaaaay to much and that’s been a problem. This staff is full of MORONS who can’t see when a guy sucks and shouldn’t be out there when they have a MUCH BETTER option on the bench. It’s maddening.

chagus

Reaction score
The defense is finally coming around so I don't think anyone needs to try and fix what is now working well. The Aldon and Gregory rotation is fine for now.

2 cents.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wrong.

Aldon Smith played as a 3-4 OLB with the 49ers.

Also, the Raiders had switched to 3-4 when Aldon Smith was there.

In the 1st image below, Aldon Smith is aligned as a 3-4 OLB outside the RT & TE.

In the 2nd image below, Aldon Smith is aligned as a stand-up DE outside the LT in a Nickel defense.]

On the NFL site right under Aldon Smiths name what position is listed?

https://www.nfl.com/players/aldon-smith/

conner01

Reaction score
I don't think Aldon Smith is lazy, just gassed. I don't think any player in history has taken a five year break from the game and stepped back into a starting role.
I think we should have played smith less especially early on
He hasn’t played in years and playing 70% of snaps
It act
Gregory played more against the bengals than he did against eagle and with the exception of about 3 games he’s played a good pct of snaps

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I don't think Aldon Smith is lazy, just gassed. I don't think any player in history has taken a five year break from the game and stepped back into a starting role.
Yeah, he's hit a couple of physical walls you can tell. Takes awhile to be in football shape and is likely a little bulkier than he needs to be. Still a great find and should be back to speed next year.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think we should have played smith less especially early on
He hasn’t played in years and playing 70% of snaps
It act
Gregory played more against the bengals than he did against eagle and with the exception of about 3 games he’s played a good pct of snaps

I get that but in those early games we were giving up 50 points a game because of all the breakdowns (especially in the secondary). Aldon Smith was the only playmaker at that point because DLaw was playing through injury. I don't blame the coaches for firing all their rounds to try to stop the bleeding.

conner01

Reaction score
I get that but in those early games we were giving up 50 points a game because of all the breakdowns (especially in the secondary). Aldon Smith was the only playmaker at that point because DLaw was playing through injury. I don't blame the coaches for firing all their rounds to try to stop the bleeding.
I get it
But being in football shape is hard without playing football
I think that’s a big part of his drop off in production
Kinda worries me a bit when it comes to paying him for next year with his age