Video: Fish's instinct tells him Jerry Makes Randy Gregory demand

fivetwos

Reaction score
Personally I havent seen crap out of Armstrong other than being in on a tackle here and there.

Then again I don't have the eye for football talent the way Jerry Jones does.

cern

Reaction score
We have to see anae to judge anae. If we can't, then the hc should explain why he sits in clear, succinct language.

aria

Reaction score
I don’t think it will matter who they put out there against the Giants O line and their no scoring 31st ranked offense, every defensive player will look like an All Pro.

There will be plenty of sacks, tackles, INT’s and fumbles to keep all of them fat an happy. When they face a competent O line is when we’ll see who’s worth starting and who isn’t.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not interested in what Fish has to say.
Great explanation of what's going on at the DE position. That was a very insightful video and I'm glad I watched it. I hope what he said is true about Jerry and Gregory.

MikeB80

Reaction score
When is he going to learn to keep his nose out of coaching decisions.

search this forum. Jerry is just an old man enjoying grandkids and warm baths on cold nights according to some here.

at some point everyone will realize if jerry wants a player he will get the player and if he wants the player to play they will play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like J.smith and looks like a nickel defense

• Functionally:
    • Nobody is really the MLB. If it is a run play the assignments will be based on backside or frontside (i.e. If the play goes right or left).
  • Nomenclature:
    • The naming conventions are coaching staff dependent.
    • Some multiple front defenses keep the 4-3 names for the off-ball LBs.
    • Others use 3-4 naming conventions which vary from coaching to coaching staff.
    • Oddly, Marinelli and many 4-3 coaches would call Jaylon the WLB in this image despite being on the Strong Side.
    • That is because Marinelli considered the Nickel CB as the replacement for the SLB.
    • Functionally, the SS is more like the 3rd LB in this image but that does not change the naming conventions.
  • Some terms used by 3-4 and multiple front coaching staffs for the 4 LBs:
    • Jack
    • Sam
    • Will
    • Mike
    • Ted
    • Joker
    • Elephant
  • Generically, the 3-4 LBs are:
    • SOLB
    • WOLB
    • SILB
    • WILB

blumayne38

Reaction score
  • Functionally:
    • Nobody is really the MLB. If it is a run play the assignments will be based on backside or frontside (i.e. If the play goes right or left).
  • Nomenclature:
    • Oddly, Marinelli and many 4-3 coaches would call Jaylon the WLB in this image despite being on the Strong Side.
    • That is because Marinelli considered the Nickel CB as the replacement for the SLB.
    • Functionally, the SS is more like the 3rd LB in this image but that does not change the naming conventions.
    • Jack
    • Sam
    • Will
    • Mike
    • Ted
    • Joker
    • Elephant
    • SOLB
    • WOLB
    • SILB
    • WILB
I’m pretty sure Jaylon is the MLB and the DB is the OLB on this play. Jaylon looks to be on the QB spy and Lee looks to be covering the RB out of the back field. It looks at face value to be a pretty basic defense nothing confusing.

blumayne38

Reaction score
  • Functionally:
  • Nomenclature:
    • Jack
    • Sam
    • Will
    • Mike
    • Ted
    • Joker
    • Elephant
    • SOLB
    • WOLB
    • SILB
    • WILB
That’s correct right there this is basic the team Dallas that is doesn’t really seem to disguise much in defense. It also looks like a zone where Jaylon is playing QB spy and the rest of the defense is in a cover 2 zone where maybe Gregory or the OLB drops back and plays zone cover the intermediate routes while the DB that looks like he is a LB position shoots back and plays cover 2 zone. Idk hard to tell without seeing the rest of the play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's because Smith has played DE the entire time as a pro until he got to Nolan's defense and just because Nolan's strange defense he wants to call Smith an OLB really doesn't make him an OLB nor should it be stretched to now mean he's also a MLB. I read on one of the football stat sites that all of the sacks and QB pressures for Smith and Lawrence came when they were in a 3 point stance playing like a true DE.
Wrong.

Aldon Smith played as a 3-4 OLB with the 49ers.

Also, the Raiders had switched to 3-4 when Aldon Smith was there.

In the 1st image below, Aldon Smith is aligned as a 3-4 OLB outside the RT & TE.

In the 2nd image below, Aldon Smith is aligned as a stand-up DE outside the LT in a Nickel defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s correct right there this is basic the team Dallas that is doesn’t really seem to disguise much in defense. It also looks like a zone where Jaylon is playing QB spy and the rest of the defense is in a cover 2 zone where maybe Gregory or the OLB drops back and plays zone cover the intermediate routes while the DB that looks like he is a LB position shoots back and plays cover 2 zone. Idk hard to tell without seeing the rest of the play.

The DBs are not up on receivers because there are 2 TEs and a FB.

The outside CB played man on the 1 WR that was on the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Fish is filling on the radio for RJ Choppy this week and he speculated that Jerry let the coaching staff have it after the game he had on Sunday.

Don't be surprised if he's starting on the edge this Sunday and you see Aldon play inside more.
Don’t believe everything you see or hear on the internet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m pretty sure Jaylon is the MLB and the DB is the OLB on this play. Jaylon looks to be on the QB spy and Lee looks to be covering the RB out of the back field. It looks at face value to be a pretty basic defense nothing confusing.

My point is that it makes no difference if the 2 LBs swap spots.

EJK24

Reaction score
Not interested in what Fish has to say.

Never liked him and but his b.s story about Collins not really being hurt but just being out of shape and the coaching staff lying to cover it up, was where I realized he had zero credibility.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Personally I havent seen crap out of Armstrong other than being in on a tackle here and there.

Then again I don't have the eye for football talent the way Jerry Jones does.
Gregory has to be re-signed. The dude has seen the light and it's fricking bright! Now wait a minute.......... I have to give him a light.