Video: Fish's instinct tells him Jerry Makes Randy Gregory demand

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve been saying aldon needs to play MLB more on 1st and 2nd down with Lee and smith on the outside. That’s a obvious change that hasn’t been made for whatever reasons

The Cowboys play either 4-2-5 Nickel or 3-4 alignments.

In both alignments there are 2 off-ball LBs behind the DL.

Who is the MLB in this image:

817Gill

Reaction score
Coaching staff takes to long to make changes? Terrible quality to have smh

blumayne38

Reaction score
The Cowboys play either 4-2-5 Nickel or 3-4 alignments.

In both alignments there are 2 off-ball LBs behind the DL.

Who is the MLB in this image:
Looks like J.smith and looks like a nickel defense

cern

Reaction score
if what fish said is true regarding jerry's comments it would mark the first time jerry's got it right. randy needs to play. consistent pressure on hurts is a major reason we won that game. it needs to continue against the giants.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He took 11 minutes to tell us Randy Gregory is going to start against the Giants? :huh:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last game for Nolan

:thumbup:
We'd be 9-7 with my grandmother at DC

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

This Fish guy starts out saying that he THINKS Jones said this or that and as the video moves on he changes as saying he KNOWS Jones said this or that. Everybody has opinions and think things are this way or that way but since Fish DOES NOT sit in on those Monday morning meeting to sit there as say that he knows Jones said this or that he completely blew any credibility.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’ve been saying aldon needs to play MLB more on 1st and 2nd down with Lee and smith on the outside. That’s a obvious change that hasn’t been made for whatever reasons

That's because Smith has played DE the entire time as a pro until he got to Nolan's defense and just because Nolan's strange defense he wants to call Smith an OLB really doesn't make him an OLB nor should it be stretched to now mean he's also a MLB. I read on one of the football stat sites that all of the sacks and QB pressures for Smith and Lawrence came when they were in a 3 point stance playing like a true DE.

Kaiser

Reaction score
These are the same coaches that kept saying 'nahhh' to Z. Martin at RT. When they did finally move him over the line instantly improved. Look at how long it took for Donavon Wilson to get a shot.

Donovan Wilson is still making mistakes and coaches don't like to rush guys, especially when the veterans like Thompson were a trainwreck in this new defense.

On Zack Martin it wasn't a question of whether he was an improvement at RT, it was a question of whether it was better to play McGovern at RG or Steele at RT. When McGovern was first pressed into playing when Martin was injured in weeks 6 and 7 he was awful and tentative. He improved and by week 9 he was OK against Pitt, but it wasn't a no-brainer to move Martin to RT.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
These are the same coaches that kept saying 'nahhh' to Z. Martin at RT. When they did finally move him over the line instantly improved. Look at how long it took for Donavon Wilson to get a shot.

I mean, how much worse can Anae be than what Aldon Smith has put forth since game 3 or so.
Exactly bro! Some fresh legs and speed on the edge might not be a bad thing. I seen like 6 or 7bplays this year where if aldon had speed it was a sack for sure!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've got a good thing going on with Armstrong. Don't mess that up.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't think Aldon Smith is lazy, just gassed. I don't think any player in history has taken a five year break from the game and stepped back into a starting role.
I agree with that.

It's been that way for a while now. They are playing him too much.

Meanwhile Anae cant dress. Its probably a numbers thing....as in kick coverage. They should figure this all out and work Anae in for some of Smith's snaps, no?

Would seem to benefit everyone but ok.