Fitz catch vs. Dez non-catch

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it just keeps getting better....

14wer8g.jpg

This is exactly what I was saying during the game.

StylisticS

Reaction score
You have people on Facebook saying the Larry catch and the Dez catch aren't the same.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The pick in the OP with a side by side comparison.

Apparently the explanation going around the Internet is that Dez was contacted before hitting the ground and Fitzgerald wasn't and that is why Fitz was considered a runner and Dez was not.

I personally think that is a pure BS explanation, but that is the explanation going around.

Yep that's what I'm reading too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
right on. yeh i agree. it's comical at this point. the hurt is gone so i can laugh.

359l75t.jpg

and i reiterate the point.... if the call on the field was so clear and not grey for the dez catch to be changed after the rule on the field why the rule change for the 2015-16 season?

answer:
A) damage control
B) party bus fiasco
C) detroit lions game
D) all of the above
E) none of the above im a believer in arbitrary NFL rules and a believer in Dean Blandino because im into heads of officiating that never reffed.

take your pick.

ALL OF THE ABOVE

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was saying during the game.

im with you. im surprised that didn't get a review from at least a replay for the audience. or did it? there was no question from what i remember. everyone was just so hyped up about another rodgers hail mary completion which is understandable.

StylisticS

Reaction score
lol link?

It's in a Facebook group. Here are some of the quotes though.

"Cause one was a jumpball, then tripped over Sam Shields, and then lost control of the ball. The other made the catch, turned and ran, and then put the ball on the ground. Two way different plays."

"A. No Dez didn't catch it. B. Fitz was different as there was no going to the ground cause it wasn't a jump ball"

"Dez? He didn't maintain possession all the way through to the ground so no catch so there can be no fumble"

"f you're going to the ground. You can take eight steps but if you lose possession it's a no catch."

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
It's in a Facebook group. Here are some of the quotes though.

"Cause one was a jumpball, then tripped over Sam Shields, and then lost control of the ball. The other made the catch, turned and ran, and then put the ball on the ground. Two way different plays."

"A. No Dez didn't catch it. B. Fitz was different as there was no going to the ground cause it wasn't a jump ball"

"Dez? He didn't maintain possession all the way through to the ground so no catch so there can be no fumble"

"f you're going to the ground. You can take eight steps but if you lose possession it's a no catch"

LOL WOW!

precisely my point. why did dean blandino have to redo the rule if it was so conclusive that it wasnt a catch ( and there was no question so there was no people's confusion of the rule and still sighting it to this day as evidence for subjectivity) ?"

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score

When he hit the ground, the ball moved and he even lost control of it for a second. How was this a completion?

CAUGHT RED HANDED DEAN BLANDINO!

(for the record i have a dog in this fight in the packers-zona game. i wanted pakcers to loose because i hate them and i welcome the karma)

Frozen700

Reaction score

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
We are embarrassing ourselves.

Looking like whiney teenage females. No need to attack the man on twitter.

It happened and we lost. Maybe if Murray didn't fumble the ball on that one drive we wouldn't need Dez to play superman.

Also at the end of the day, Dez trying to hard to make a play, bit him in the ***.

Blandino has embarrased himself already.

case in point: arbitrary rules, never reffing a game but is head of officiating

Frozen700

Reaction score
Blandino has embarrased himself already.

case in point: arbitrary rules, never reffing a game but is head of officiating

The fact we are still crying about this, a year later, after having a ****** season is embarrassing.

We rather beat a dead horse and reflect on what could have been, instead of being upset at this season. Especially when we weren't even supposed to advance. We PI'd that receiver, call went our way. Now when **** doesn't, we complain, and flail around.

I remember half this forum and fans all over telling lions fans to take the L and get over it. We need to take our own advice.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Yeah, the Lions also got interfered with.

**** happens

and PI is also inconsistent. but the fact remains that the lions had less of a chance of overcoming that call to win the game than the cowboys did overcoming "that Blandino call" (to help win the game). cowboys were very close.

The fact we are still crying about this, a year later, after having a ****ty season is embarrassing.

We rather beat a dead horse and reflect on what could have been, instead of being upset at this season. Especially when we weren't even supposed to advance. We PI'd that receiver, call went our way. Now when **** doesn't, we complain, and flail around.

I remember half this forum and fans all over telling lions fans to take the L and get over it. We need to take our own advice.

lions and stafford choked. that was the deal. PIs are always called inconsistently i agree. but the choke job by the lions caused them to loose. cowboys didnt choke. dean choked us.

the dez situation was very very close and was more of a game changer.

its important now again because of the macro point that ref rulings from dean are arbitrary. the dez catch/no catch is a case in point. big case in point mind you.

Last edited:

Givincer

Reaction score
There is no logical difference between the Fitzgerald catch and Bryant catch. If Bryant is "going to the ground," one must also identify Fitzgerald as "going to the ground."

In fact, one might argue absent Shields tripping Bryant, Bryant may not have been going to the ground anyway, so if there's a clearer case of going to the ground, it's Fitzgerald. However, in the larger picture, I don't think these are discernible plays from one another. Would love to see the attempt at an explanation from the NFL.

Everson24

Reaction score
As soon as I saw it knew the call was going to be the opposite from Dez's :(

Pretty much the exact same scenario!

If anything Dez' was more of a catch because it was the defender that cause him to got to the ground. I was livid at the time of Dez' overturn ruling because the ref on the field called it a catch. He made a judgement that Dez did indeed make a football move and there is no way his "judgement" should have been overruled as conclusive evidence.

My Steeler friends and family love Dean Blandino by the way. That should tell you all you need to know about the guy.