Twitter: Fitzpatrick signs with Washington

Rayman70

Reaction score
WE CANNOT STOP ANYONE ON THE GROUND OR THRU THE AIR lol...yet we just resigned A. Woods...and passed on Tomlinson. The Vikes got him fairly cheap. I bet we never even contacted his agent. This FO doesnt value 2 very important positions..DT,SAFETY.

Mr_437

Reaction score
And you act like the defense will be the same as last season
Even if they don't make 1 move , the defense will be better than last season
If they don't make 1 move Antonio Gibson is going for 150 rushing yards and 2 TDs at least. Saquan Barkley is doing the same, and whoever else they play. You done caught amnesia...you can't defend this defense...not at the moment.

Dre11

Reaction score
If they don't make 1 move Antonio Gibson is going for 150 rushing yards and 2 TDs at least. Saquan Barkley is doing the same, and whoever else they play. You done caught amnesia...you can't defend this defense...not at the moment.

Gibson will not rush for 150, 2019 this defense gave up 20 points a game, was 10th in the league. You done caught amnesia. Nobody
On that defense up as a clue what was going on last season.

Dre11

Reaction score
WE CANNOT STOP ANYONE ON THE GROUND OR THRU THE AIR lol...yet we just resigned A. Woods...and passed on Tomlinson. The Vikes got him fairly cheap. I bet we never even contacted his agent. This FO doesnt value 2 very important positions..DT,SAFETY.

And you're looking at last season when they changed everything , defense wasn't horrible 2019.

T-RO

Reaction score
The perfect bus driver QB with a great defense.
Recipe for a championship

Fitz will throw for 400 yards or 4 interceptions. Sometimes both.

A "bus driver" he ain't. His style of play is more like a sports car from hell. Flying to a win or crashing and burning.

But I am thinking this could be trouble.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand why anyone thinks this is any kind of big deal. What has Fitz done to warrant that. He's a 60 percent passer with an 82 rating. He's a step down from Alex Smith, 62 percent, 86 rating.

I'm happy with this move by Washington. I'd take Fitz as a backup, but if he's your starter, you've got some shortcomings to overcome.
That rookie they started in the playoffs had some game to him.

ghst187

Reaction score
I really hate this, only less than WFT trading up for a top QB in the draft, which this draft doesn’t prevent them from also doing. Fitz may turn the ball over but he may also light you up for
400 yards and 4 TDs. And our d does NOT have a good track record against mid level QBs.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Solid, albeit unspectacular, signing for The Football Team. He is an interesting player and most definitely good enough to win them some games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean I'm saying........Fitzpatrick does not move the needle. In order for the Commanders to become a real threat they needed to either make a push for a guy like Stafford which they did or more unrealistic acquisitions of guys like Dak, Deshaun, Russell which were never happening.

Jared Goff and Carson Wentz would've done nothing and Fitz is worse than him.

The good news is that its not much of a price for the Commanders and they can still get a rookie QB in there.

We know the deal on Fitzpatrick. HE can beat you and he can kill you. Depends on the day.
I actually think Washington could be 4th. Cowboys and Eagles were decimated by injury and they went into week 17 with a chance atnthe division. If NY didnt lose Barkley, McKinney and Solder, there is a good chance they win the division. They have an excellent DL, but how many 2nd or 3rd stringers did they play against in the division last year?