Twitter: Fitzpatrick signs with Washington

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That rookie they started in the playoffs had some game to him.
Taylor Heinike is his name, udfa I think, and Dunge loved him.
I thought for his first start ever, in playoffs against TB defense, he played great , showed smarts, and poise.
For him to go undrafted, it shows just how inept the experts and nfl gm's and HC's are at evaluating college players.

Heinike is # 2 now under Fitz, so wash is going to develop him under Fitz , but I think
they plan on heinike taking over at some point.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
Ehh I disagree. What Alex Smith brought to them was stability and consistency. That goes a long way in this league. Sure Fitzpatrick can have a ceiling game of 350 Yards but that's not him. With the defense the Commanders are building...Fitzpatrick is not the quarterback you want.
It depends on which day of the week it is. Fitz is a very good QB when he is on, but he is a turnover machine when he is not. His biggest problem has be his inconsistent play. With that being said, he will play like a HOFer when he meets Dallas. All QBs seems to play that way.

Carson

Reaction score
It depends on which day of the week it is. Fitz is a very good QB when he is on, but he is a turnover machine when he is not. His biggest problem has be his inconsistent play. With that being said, he will play like a HOFer when he meets Dallas. All QBs seems to play that way.

I think people miss this point in comparison to Smith

Smith was a bus driver who didn’t turn the ball over

Fitz is a gunslinger prone for turnovers

mardwin

Reaction score
Not sure that puts them over the top....I mean, they were only 7-9 last year.

But I do think he’s way better than some think.

This is the story of his career....almost always on a team lacking enough weopons.

I think Fitz can win some games. WFT has some weapons on the outside, and their running game put us to shame last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can't think of the last time a Commanders QB really went off on us to be honest.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Probably have to go back to RG3 on Thanksgiving. Cousins put up some big yards against the Cowboys in losing efforts if my memory is correct.
Yeah the one I remember the most is RGIII beating us and then having to console Romo afterwards....hurt my soul.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They have a solid football team already. Much better built than our current team.

So you add a solid QB to that and you got a good chance to do something.

The thing about Fitzpatrick is when he is on he is ridiculously good.

So if he can just game manage and be Fitzmagic every now and then they will be a tough opponent.

Not saying they won't be tough, because they have a tough defense. But I don't think Fitzpatrick has ever put any team over the top. Now, if the East is as bad as it was last year, then it won't take stellar QB play to win it. However, I'm much happier with Washington getting Fitzpatrick then a difference-making QB. I have no doubt he'll have some magic moments, he'll also just be average at times.

Overall, this is a lesser signing than if they had picked up our backup from last year. Dalton has a 62 percent career completion rate and 87 rating.

817Gill

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand why anyone thinks this is any kind of big deal. What has Fitz done to warrant that. He's a 60 percent passer with an 82 rating. He's a step down from Alex Smith, 62 percent, 86 rating.

I'm happy with this move by Washington. I'd take Fitz as a backup, but if he's your starter, you've got some shortcomings to overcome.
Not sure why this isn’t the common sentiment on this thread. I’m really surprised at all the people who genuinely think journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to put Wash over the top. He’s a journeyman for a reason, he won’t put together 16 games of good ball. He’s made a career on his highs but never stays long because of his lows.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gibson will not rush for 150, 2019 this defense gave up 20 points a game, was 10th in the league. You done caught amnesia. Nobody
On that defense up as a clue what was going on last season.
Rams 2019 mudstomped the defense by running all over them. They didn't have clue what was going on, but what does that have to do with not tackling or hustling?
Can't go back to 2019 like it's the same defense...you reaching.