Five NFL coaches on the hot seat (The race for Belichick)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Something fans/media need to remember is that "the right fit" is important to Belichick. I am pretty sure there are certain GMs/owners he won't work for.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/bill-belichick-best-fits-coaches-hot-seat

The race for Bill Belichick? Five best fits for teams with coaches on hot seat
Published Oct. 1, 2024 3:55 p.m. ET

Dallas Cowboys: Everything about this makes sense. It’s about as high-profile a job as Belichick will find. It comes with a franchise quarterback and a Lawrence Taylor-like defensive player in Micah Parsons. They were good enough to win 12 games each of the last three years. Belichick’s old friend, Bill Parcells, can tell him how to work with Jerry Jones. And don’t forget: Mike McCarthy is coaching in the final year of his contract, so there likely will be an opening this winter if the Cowboys (2-2) don’t turn things around.

https://fansided.com/posts/nfl-hot-seat-watch-week-4-sirianni-pederson-saleh

3 NFL head coaches on the hot seat after dismal Week 4 performances
The pressure is mounting.
By Zachary Rotman | Sep 29, 2024

CBS Sports list

Mike McDaniel (Dolphins): Just landed a contract extension, and has had past success, but he must coach better -- and soon.
Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars.
Brian Daboll, New York Giants. ...
Nick Sirianni, Philadelphia Eagles. ...
Robert Saleh, New York Jets. ...
Matt Eberflus, Chicago Bears. Record with Bears: 12-26. ...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's early but Dann Quinn could cost all three NFC East head coaches their jobs if he keeps winning ( which I doubt ) ........LOL

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LIxtjDi.png

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm OK with him as long as he brings in a good OC who's NOT one of his former assistants ( Josh McDaniel ). He is one of the best defensive coaches ever. He's exactly what this defense needs.....a guy who can make a salad out of scraps. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's a 3-4 guy. So that would mean going back to 3-4. Also keep in mind he's never had a team of superstars. I think he's the perfect fit for this team at this time cuz we have 2-3 year window to get it done.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
BB didn’t win after Brady and drafted poorly
Plus at this stage and age, of his career, belly apparently is proving much more difficult to deal and work with as Brady and Pats owner Bob kraft couldn't wait to get away from him, despite his dynasty SB runs....

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'm OK with him as long as he brings in a good OC who's NOT one of his former assistants ( Josh McDaniel ). He is one of the best defensive coaches ever. He's exactly what this defense needs.....a guy who can make a salad out of scraps. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's a 3-4 guy. So that would mean going back to 3-4. Also keep in mind he's never had a team of superstars. I think he's the perfect fit for this team at this time cuz we have 2-3 year window to get it done.
Cowboys fans crave retreads and mediocrity.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BB needs to come here and tear down everything Jerry says during media moments lol, it would be SOOOO funny!!! I know they would bump heads often

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Everything about BB being our next coach screams NOOOOOOO!

He's old as dirt
His track record before and after the GOAT is not great.
This franchise needs an infusion of young and innovative blood at the HC and Coordinator positions.

That being said, BB is right in the wheelhouse of JJ's thinking.
Super Bowl winner with name recognition.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think it is pretty obvious Jones and MM are done after this year. Jones did nothing to improve this team after losing players and failing miserably in the playoffs again. Clearly he wants no blowback letting MM go in 2025.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed. This team most definitely needs a coaching infusion on both sides of the ball…I never did warm to Zimmer and he has already been run out of Dallas once before.
Yeah I just assumed he was just here until
Mike gets fired or let go. The staff doesn’t have a contract after this year and the new guy would hopefully hire his own guy.