Five NFL coaches on the hot seat (The race for Belichick)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fans keep saying he didn't win after Brady. Well, that may be true but Brady desperately needed the Bucs defense to win his last Super Bowl.
Brady left NE for same reason bill did,the talent was all gone, and it would take a major rebuild to make the team good again.
Winning all those years meant picking at bottom of each round year after year. Hard to maintain a good team like that.
The fact NE kept winning so long is amazing.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m slowly warming up to the BB idea. The only chance this team has for postseason success is a legit top 5 hard-nosed defense. I think he can build that if he is allowed to do so. There won’t be some new up and comer that Jerry isn’t familiar with. It will be another dinosaur, so might as well go with the one who knows defense better than most :oops:

Fmart322

Reaction score
Something fans/media need to remember is that "the right fit" is important to Belichick. I am pretty sure there are certain GMs/owners he won't work for.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/bill-belichick-best-fits-coaches-hot-seat

The race for Bill Belichick? Five best fits for teams with coaches on hot seat
Published Oct. 1, 2024 3:55 p.m. ET

Dallas Cowboys: Everything about this makes sense. It’s about as high-profile a job as Belichick will find. It comes with a franchise quarterback and a Lawrence Taylor-like defensive player in Micah Parsons. They were good enough to win 12 games each of the last three years. Belichick’s old friend, Bill Parcells, can tell him how to work with Jerry Jones. And don’t forget: Mike McCarthy is coaching in the final year of his contract, so there likely will be an opening this winter if the Cowboys (2-2) don’t turn things around.

https://fansided.com/posts/nfl-hot-seat-watch-week-4-sirianni-pederson-saleh

3 NFL head coaches on the hot seat after dismal Week 4 performances
The pressure is mounting.
By Zachary Rotman | Sep 29, 2024

CBS Sports list

Mike McDaniel (Dolphins): Just landed a contract extension, and has had past success, but he must coach better -- and soon.
Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars.
Brian Daboll, New York Giants. ...
Nick Sirianni, Philadelphia Eagles. ...
Robert Saleh, New York Jets. ...
Matt Eberflus, Chicago Bears. Record with Bears: 12-26. ...

I can see Dallas, Philly, Chicago and Jacksonville. I don't see either NY team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree with Dallas and Jags but not so much Philly or Bears. The Jags would likely give him total control of personnel and with Dallas he gets to work directly with Jerry. But with Philly and the Bears, he would have to share that control with GMs. I'm not sure he would agree to that.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question: Why would Bill B ever seriously consider being here? He’s used to having full control. Is there an owner in this league who offers LESS control for a HC than Jerry?

Fmart322

Reaction score
Serious question: Why would Bill B ever seriously consider being here? He’s used to having full control. Is there an owner in this league who offers LESS control for a HC than Jerry?
Great point but I can see Bill Belichick working 2 more years on a team with at least a chance to go to the playoffs. Remember, he's close to catching Don Shula's all time wins record. I can see Jerry right next to him if he does that with the Cowboys
An above average starting QB. Dak qualifies.
We all know Bill love his defense. It's been so long since I've seen a really good Dallas Cowboys defense. One that stops the run and wins playoff games. It's been decades.
Bill Belichick is the only retread I'd be ok with.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Everybody saying Belichick coming to Dallas. I doubt if he even comes. He doesn't want to be bothered with Jerry Jones. He fishes with Jimmy and I'm sure Jimmy told him he'd be crazy to go to Dallas. Other jobs will be available.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Has Bill even said he wants to get back into coaching? Or is all this just some media nonsense?

Either way, no way do I see him wanting to come here and work with the cheap Jones' boys. It's the move they would make though vs. going and finding some young innovative coach (which is what we all desire).
He is like 13 games away from the most wins ever.

The past two Manningcast's sure seemed like Bill was trying to show his worth. To the point they had to tell Peyton to stop talking so Bill could show his worth.

Also...I assume he has a grudge against the naysayers who claim he hasnt done anything in this league without Brady...and wants to prove them wrong.

I think he can shape up and clean up a team with a decent bus driver at QB and decent talent on both sides of the ball. I dont see him as a fit for a team rebuilding at his age.

Im neither here not there on Bill...but I think he could make this team look a lot sharper on both sides of the ball.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
CBS Sports list

Mike McDaniel (Dolphins): Just landed a contract extension, and has had past success, but he must coach better -- and soon.
I would go nowhere near the New York Giants and Daniel Jones. If he goes there, he's going to have to replace the QB. Considering how well the Pats did in replacing Brady, I'm not sure he's the man for that job. Jacksonville and Chicago would be the top choices IMO (even over Dallas) if they fired head coaches. They have young signal-callers in place. Tua would scare me in considering the Miami job. Philly might be worth it because they've already shown their GM will shop hard. Maybe he'd think he could squeeze a Super Bowl out of Rodgers in the other New York.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Something fans/media need to remember is that "the right fit" is important to Belichick. I am pretty sure there are certain GMs/owners he won't work for.

Dallas Cowboys: Everything about this makes sense. It’s about as high-profile a job as Belichick will find. It comes with a franchise quarterback and a Lawrence Taylor-like defensive player in Micah Parsons. They were good enough to win 12 games each of the last three years. Belichick’s old friend, Bill Parcells, can tell him how to work with Jerry Jones. And don’t forget: Mike McCarthy is coaching in the final year of his contract, so there likely will be an opening this winter if the Cowboys (2-2) don’t turn things around.

CBS Sports list

How has the Giants hc AND GM kept their jobs with the last 5-7 years being pitiful?

erod

Reaction score
I'd rather keep McCarthy than hire Belichick at his age.

I wouldn't mind Vrabel though.

JBS

Reaction score

CBS Sports list

It’s already been well reported he would be willing to work in Dallas

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'd rather keep McCarthy than hire Belichick at his age.

I wouldn't mind Vrabel though.
Let him bring in Vrabel as DC and prepare him to take over when he leaves. I mean, Vrabel did get the Titans to the playoffs in three of six years and even to an AFC Championship Game despite never really having that much at QB. I wouldn't mind, though, just going with Vrabel as coach, either.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

CBS Sports list

While I acknowledge Bill’s accomplishments, I have no idea why people are so enamored by him. He had Brady. That made a HUGE difference in his coaching career. What did he do post-Brady? He’s a great HoF coach, but I definitely don’t want to see him in Dallas. If he somehow manages to get a stud OC, someone will snatch the OC and make him a head coach. We need an offensive minded HC imo. Of course, in not disappointed with MM, only with the team’s lack of post season success.