News: Five takeaways from Mike McCarthy's first 2021 news conference

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like McCarthy and I think given the chance he can get this team to a championship. Looking at the disaster of last season much of that was outside his control, losing 4 out of 5 starters on OL and then losing backup at OT. Playing 4 QB on the season because of injury 1st Dak then Dalton to a concussion only to be forced to play a completely raw QB in Dinucci and forced to then sign Gilbert. I fully expect McCarthy to have this team ready to compete this season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I like McCarthy and I think given the chance he can get this team to a championship. Looking at the disaster of last season much of that was outside his control, losing 4 out of 5 starters on OL and then losing backup at OT. Playing 4 QB on the season because of injury 1st Dak then Dalton to a concussion only to be forced to play a completely raw QB in Dinucci and forced to then sign Gilbert. I fully expect McCarthy to have this team ready to compete this season.
Given the chance meaning a top notch offense and defense? Sure. Who else couldnt win with that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Given the chance meaning a top notch offense and defense? Sure. Who else couldnt win with that.

No I mean a healthier team than what he contended with last season. No team loses the entire OL (4 out of 5) and uses 4 QB and wins. Maybe in your make believe world or Madden but in real life, injuries of that magnitude teams do not win. Based on comments around here we have no talent unless it suite your own argument

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No I mean a healthier team than what he contended with last season. No team loses the entire OL (4 out of 5) and uses 4 QB and wins. Maybe in your make believe world or Madden but in real life, injuries of that magnitude teams do not win. Based on comments around here we have no talent unless it suite your own argument

it did cost Nolan his job.

and big Mike pushed Jerry to hire Nolan [and let KRichard walk. smart]

That's why Jerry hired Quinn. #LegionOfBoom

Basically, Mike has lost control of the defense. He deserves it.

I think the OL injuries probably saved Philbin [another of Mike's big Buddies,] who I expect to lose his job next.

no way KMoore wants Philbin around. Philbin is more OC than OL coach anyways.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
it did

and big Mike pushed Jerry to hire Nolan [and let KRichard walk. smart]

That's why Jerry hired Quinn. #LegionOfBoom

Basically, Mike has lost control of the defense. He deserves it.

I think the OL injuries probably saved Philbin [another of Mike's big Buddies,] who I expect to lose his job next.

no way KMoore wants Philbin around. Philbin is more OC than OL coach anyways.

Nolan was fired but you don't know what input McCarthy had in bringing Quinn to Dallas. That is your own spin not a fact.
In the end everything that takes place on the field falls on McCarthy, coordinators success of failures falls on the HC. I think the big difference in views is I willing to give a HC more than 1 season to prove himself. I would imagine we will see a normal training camp unlike the Covid camps of last season, I expect to see a full pre season unlike last season and I fully expect McCarthy to have this team ready to go.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
A healthier team wont turn him into an honest coach. I highly doubt players run through the wall for him. He better hope they do for Quinn.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A healthier team wont turn him into an honest coach. I highly doubt players run through the wall for him. He better hope they do for Quinn.

What you highly doubt is in your head not that of anyone else. McCarthy has been here a total of 1 year and basing anything on 1 year is ridicules. McCarthy seems to be getting the Garrett treatment and blamed for what has taken place in the past. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will give a HC more than a season before passing judgement pro or con, but then common sense has no place at this sight

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What you highly doubt is in your head not that of anyone else. McCarthy has been here a total of 1 year and basing anything on 1 year is ridicules. McCarthy seems to be getting the Garrett treatment and blamed for what has taken place in the past. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will give a HC more than a season before passing judgement pro or con, but then common sense has no place at this sight
Is he a known liar yes or no? We know that answer. Would you go all out for a known liar yes or no?

With that being said, Quinn needs to save the team because nobody was going all out for Nolan either (another known liar)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Is he a known liar yes or no? We know that answer. Would you go all out for a known liar yes or no?

With that being said, Quinn needs to save the team because nobody was going all out for Nolan either (another known liar)

liar? lol HC lies to who? Fans? lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
liar? lol HC lies to who? Fans? lol
MM lied to the owner for 1. Nolan lied to the players by saying he'd match the scheme to the players not players to scheme. Surrounded by dishonest coaches. Sad state of affairs in Dallas. Quinn needs to be a stand up guy because Mccarthy clearly isn't

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MM lied to the owner for 1. Nolan lied to the players by saying he'd match the scheme to the players not players to scheme. Surrounded by dishonest coaches. Sad state of affairs in Dallas. Quinn needs to be a stand up guy because Mccarthy clearly isn't

My god you got to be kidding? lol . Nolan did not work out and lost his job. Jimmy Johnson hired Dave Shula and he failed and was fired is that lying as well. Talk about reaching, you got some long ars arms there.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You must be in the “I want Garret back” thread. Which was deleted a year ago

Right, because Carrot Top and Fat Mike are the only two options. :rolleyes:

Wrap your head around this: it's possible to have wanted Garrett gone and still not like the McCarthy hire.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
My god you got to be kidding? lol . Nolan did not work out and lost his job. Jimmy Johnson hired Dave Shula and he failed and was fired is that lying as well. Talk about reaching, you got some long ars arms there.
Jimmy seemed pretty transparent to me which is why he had success. MM and Nolan werent/arent straight shooters......neither was Garrett. Wish we had a real leader like Jimmy or Parcells

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jimmy seemed pretty transparent to me which is why he had success. MM and Nolan werent/arent straight shooters......neither was Garrett. Wish we had a real leader like Jimmy or Parcells

HC being transparent? HC trust people until they no longer can trust them be it players or assistant coaches. Jimmy trusted Dave Shula until he no longer trusted him to do the job which is why Turner whom Jimmy had no past coaching experience with was hired. Because things did not work out with Nolan does not make McCarthy a liar, frankly to make the comment is a joke.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
HC being transparent? HC trust people until they no longer can trust them be it players or assistant coaches. Jimmy trusted Dave Shula until he no longer trusted him to do the job which is why Turner whom Jimmy had no past coaching experience with was hired. Because things did not work out with Nolan does not make McCarthy a liar, frankly to make the comment is a joke.
You're not comprehending what I'm saying. MM being a liar has nothing to do with him hiring or firing Nolan.