News: Five takeaways from Mike McCarthy's first 2021 news conference

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You're not comprehending what I'm saying. MM being a liar has nothing to do with him hiring or firing Nolan.

I comprehend just fine your post is complete non sense. Hell if McCarthy is a liar so are 31 other HC who say things at one point then change up with views as things move forward. Not sure what world you live in. Funny how now is it not about Nolan but a few post ago that was your example. lol Whatever guy believe as you choose life is too short to be having this foolish conversation.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I comprehend just fine your post is complete non sense. Hell if McCarthy is a liar so are 31 other HC who say things at one point then change up with views as things move forward. Not sure what world you live in. Funny how now is it not about Nolan but a few post ago that was your example. lol Whatever guy believe as you choose life is too short to be having this foolish conversation.
All 31 coaches admit to lying to their owner? Interesting interesting

Nolan was brought up because he LIED about fitting players to his scheme. Then proceeded to do the exact opposite.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All 31 coaches admit to lying to their owner? Interesting interesting

Nolan was brought up because he LIED about fitting players to his scheme. Then proceeded to do the exact opposite.

Lying to the owner? lol how so? Nolan failed no one disputes that but to say he lied is a fricken joke by a clueless fan. Seems you just want something to whine about so good luck with that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow that was either coach speak , cluelessness, or he's just a moron. How can you call the worst defense in Cowboy history not a rebuilding situation and defend the lack of talent added last off season? At least say: "hey we had just got to town and CV hit and we couldn't work anyone out...... ect". At least show you recognize a problem when asked a question.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt last year with all the injuries and being new. This year zero benefits given from me

Same here. I gave him a pass last year with him being new here, the injuries, and COVID. However, this is put up or shut up season for me. I expect us to win the division with the talent we have on offense. I want him to fix the defence, and get us a division title. In fact, I want us in the NFCC.

75boyz

Reaction score
Right, because Carrot Top and Fat Mike are the only two options. :rolleyes:

Wrap your head around this: it's possible to have wanted Garrett gone and still not like the McCarthy hire.

The few, the proud...the us.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Wow that was either coach speak , cluelessness, or he's just a moron. How can you call the worst defense in Cowboy history not a rebuilding situation and defend the lack of talent added last off season? At least say: "hey we had just got to town and CV hit and we couldn't work anyone out...... ect". At least show you recognize a problem when asked a question.
Thats how dishonest men handle questions. Thats your coach right dere

JayFord

Reaction score
not many coaches can lose an entire oline his qb, and half of his defense and be sucessful

am i say MM is a home run hire no im not but people act like youre suppsosed to lose 60 percent of your players and win a SB

it was a crap season crap happens

lockster

Reaction score
Five takeaways from Mike McCarthy's first 2021 news conference include Dallas Cowboys' defensive changes, backup QB issues

064dd879-df29-429a-885a-41d6293a8544-USATSI_14100227.jpg

Dallas coach Mike McCarthy addressed several topics Thursday, his first press conference in months, from Dak Prescott's rehab to defensive changes.

FRISCO, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys missed the playoffs in Mike McCarthy’s debut season. In early March, when quarterback Dak Prescott reached a four-year, $160 million extension with the club, the head coach was in Florida for spring break with his family.

Factor in a year without an NFL scouting combine, and McCarthy had not addressed reporters who regularly cover the team in person in 13 months and not at all since the 2020 regular season concluded.

“It’s been a while,” McCarthy said from a podium at The Star, the Cowboys' suburban training facility, on Thursday.

“Let’s catch up.”

Here are five things we learned from McCarthy’s press conference:

1. ‘The largest change’
McCarthy disputed one reporter’s suggestion that his defensive coaching staff didn’t grade players last season. But he acknowledged that the Cowboys defense was inconsistent in 2020, not finding a groove at all in the first eight weeks – and, even afterward, faltering spectacularly at times.

Read Full Story
1. He's fat
2. He's really fat
3. Dog gone it, he's fat
4. How much fatter can he get
5. Being fat shows a lack of will power, too much blood in Ur stomach instead of Ur brain, and if he can't control his appetite and exercise, how is he supposed to lead a team? Now we know why he single handedly made a season of bad calls in just one game. :)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Big Mike has a yeoman's job ahead of him! He may not be the witty linguist that Parcells was but he knows a good meal when he sees it.:thumbup:

basel90

Reaction score
it did cost Nolan his job.

and big Mike pushed Jerry to hire Nolan [and let KRichard walk. smart]

That's why Jerry hired Quinn. #LegionOfBoom

Basically, Mike has lost control of the defense. He deserves it.

I think the OL injuries probably saved Philbin [another of Mike's big Buddies,] who I expect to lose his job next.

no way KMoore wants Philbin around. Philbin is more OC than OL coach anyways.
Mike is basically coaching 35% of the team now . He has no real authority after last season . His demeanor and press conferences indicate he is not what he was once considered . His super bowl win is now mainly attributed to Rodgers and the packers management which eventually fired him .
His hiring of Nolan and philbin has been a disappointment. One is gone . Philbin almost ran out Moore before Jerry interfered and paid . So at this stage , am not sure how much command be has of the team . The players see all this and will not feel accountable to mike . If things don’t work out next season , I think he will be on the hot seat and will be coach for his job in his 3rd and probably final year . I think Jerry will probably promote Quinn or Moore at that stage .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Mike is basically coaching 35% of the team now . He has no real authority after last season . His demeanor and press conferences indicate he is not what he was once considered . His super bowl win is now mainly attributed to Rodgers and the packers management which eventually fired him .
His hiring of Nolan and philbin has been a disappointment. One is gone . Philbin almost ran out Moore before Jerry interfered and paid . So at this stage , am not sure how much command be has of the team . The players see all this and will not feel accountable to mike . If things don’t work out next season , I think he will be on the hot seat and will be coach for his job in his 3rd and probably final year . I think Jerry will probably promote Quinn or Moore at that stage .

I think Jerry will continue to get the same results he has for 25 years, and counting, because of Jerry.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
People dont get this part. They think players are just dummies that dont know power structure. Thanks for not even interviewing Matt Rhule, Jerry.

Zordon

Reaction score
This coach still does nothing for me.
I'm slowly moving in this direction. Slowly bc I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt bc of covid.

But the hiring of Nolan is a huge red flag. As is Jane Slater's reporting. Makes you wonder about the rumors about him Green Bay. But then on the other hand you have sharp football guys like Aikman that swear by him.

IDK I need more from MM this season.

basel90

Reaction score
People dont get this part. They think players are just dummies that dont know power structure. Thanks for not even interviewing Matt Rhule, Jerry.
Players at dallas have always made sure to be as close to Jerry as possible to keep their jobs . There is no fear of accountability to a certain coach . Mike McCarthy does not impress me like a coach in charge . If you look at Ron Rivera as an example of recent hires , he has taken hold of a dismal team and an front office and stamped his authority and choice of players . All of this despite a meddlesome owner .
I wonder why he or Rhule or Lincoln Riley never got a good look .

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
This coach still does nothing for me.

I always knew Landry had a plan. Jimmy was a leader guys would follow into battle. McCarthy just seems to be making it up as he goes along. Meh.
Still better than the previous Clown.