Fix the Oline?

Chasing6

Reaction score
They are. 2 year 20mil entirely guaranteed is too little if Tyron thinks he's healthy.
If you look at this career he has been averaging about $10M per year. He knows he has been injured. He knows he basically does not have to practice in Dallas. He wants to stay, he is not even interested in lookin g at free agency. He restructured last years deal.

He is basically screaming team friendly deal, please make me an offer.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you look at this career he has been averaging about $10M per year. He knows he has been injured. He knows he basically does not have to practice in Dallas. He wants to stay, he is not even interested in lookin g at free agency. He restructured last years deal.

He is basically screaming team friendly deal, please make me an offer.
Now do his average per year as a percentage of the cap. Then factor in that the average usually factored in a multiyear deal with a signing bonus and guaranteed money.

1year/14mil for a 2nd Team All Pro LT *is* a team friendly deal. He might make it more team friendly by structuring half of it as game day roster bonuses.

People have been undervaluing Tyron's market for years. Saw someone suggest Tyron as a swing T this year. Crazy pants.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Still need a Mike Thumping LB either way. That is not Micah.
And I wouldn't want Micah to be the primary thumper at LB. Though I'd expect him to do a lot of thumping, I'd want his partner at LB to be the guy designated to take on OL at the 2nd leve.

Play Micah at LB with a designated thumper on all but clear passing downs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
And I wouldn't want Micah to be the primary thumper at LB. Though I'd expect him to do a lot of thumping, I'd want his partner at LB to be the guy designated to take on OL at the 2nd leve.

Play Micah at LB with a designated thumper on all but clear passing downs.
Yes, let Micah run sideline to sideline and blitz from anywhere any everywhere. I think when we line him up a DE it makes it easy to game plan for him.

At LB he has to be accounted for on every pass play whether he is coming or not. That puts a lot of pressure on the OLine.

Then imagine we spurge and get a DT in free agency that can collapse the pocket. Now Micah is getting closer 20 sacks a year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I could see a center/guard at 24. And a possible FA guard if they aren’t comfortable with their bench. I agree, they certainly had opportunities to be in better shape on the line than they currently are.
Dallas needs RB1. 1st round.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Prepare to have Brock Hoffman as your starting C come September, even if they do draft one in the early rounds. I see some problems on the horizon. He is a notch below Biadasz, think about it..., and cheap.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
There will be options. What we should not do with the 24th pick is draft a reach pick based on position need. We made this mistake last year with both the Mazi pick and the Schoonmaker pick, where our FO decided position need was more important than talent.

We can do better in draft situations like this and have even recently. In 2021 this FO was clearly looking for a CB and we had the 12th pick. When CBs Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn were taken, thankfully we chose a super talented Micah Parsons instead of reaching for a CB at that point. (We did reach somewhat for Kelvin Joseph in round 2 and we know how that turned out) And a year later, we also selected Deron Bland in round 5 which turned out to be a great pick for value and need.

The Cowboys will have chances to get better at multiple positions in this draft and free agency. But we need to be smart about it.
lesson learned hopefully - get in earlier than usual in free agency to fill need (since its all in this year apparently).
Then just draft BPAs.

and a few local writers have been reminding everyone that its ok to draft a QB every now and then even if you already have one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
lesson learned hopefully - get in earlier than usual in free agency to fill need (since its all in this year apparently).
Then just draft BPAs.

and a few local writers have been reminding everyone that its ok to draft a QB every now and then even if you already have one.
We basically did....how do you think we got Trance.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dallas needs RB1. 1st round.
Dallas has lots of needs. RB definitely has to be addressed, I just don’t see that happening in round 1.
I looked at a few mock drafts from different sources.
No one yet has projected a RB to be selected in round 1 in this year's draft.
Johnathan Brooks appears to be the highest ranked running back.
But including all the prospects -- I see him listed in the lower 60s overall.