Fix the Oline?

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry already stated that Tyler is a guard and will remain a guard as a starter. Although if we go through the dregs of starting Richards or Waletzko and they are putrid I can see them temporarily starting Tyler as a LT.
Seems like a terrible decision considering it’s much easier and cheaper to find a guard and you have a legit LT on the roster. And you’re drafting in the 20s when top tier LTs are sparse. So they’ll probably be dabbling in the low to mid level free agents. We’ll see how that plan unfolds.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Some think there will be huge changes when there are 2 spots up for grabs. Possibly only 1 if Tyron sticks around.

Tyron, Tyler, ? , Zach, Steele

or

Tyler, ? , ? , Zach, Steele

I think they’ll find a flex interior lineman with the 24th pick. A great center would be nice. But I don’t see anyone atm thats waiting in the wings good enough to step into a starting role if Tyron does leave.

Should be interesting…
Best pick for Dallas would be Graham Barton from Duke. Kid can play anywhere and Dallas love's versatility. Starting Center 2024.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How many other playoff teams had 3 pro bowlers on the OL?
Neither did we. Zack's worst year. He wasn't even close to being accolade worthy.
The OL was not the Cowboys problem in 2023
It absolutely was a big part of the problem. Tyron played really well & Tyler was quite good other than the penalties. TB is a liablility. ZM was NFL average at best. Terrence was coming off major injury. We can only hope that Terrence is back to form going forward. Otherwise 4 of the 5 need replaced sooner rather than later.

Chasing6

Reaction score
yeah, let's buy 5 all pros, with the chicken scratch left over. we can do it.
Don't need to buy them if you draft them. OLine is a ticking time bomb. We need to get younger and bring costs down through the draft. Fortunately, this is one area we have been very successful at drafting in early rounds.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
If Bass can snap I think he can be the center, that will Immediately help , and hope Steele is better in the 2nd year after injury, Martin is declining but still better than a rook, Tyron, Tyler will complete. That kid Hoffman when played show some promise can be developed as a backup, Richard’s is the swing tackle , I guess. Now if Solari/ schottenheimer scheme is changed we may have a decent line , with a FA or draft lead RB

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Neither did we. Zack's worst year. He wasn't even close to being accolade worthy.

It absolutely was a big part of the problem. Tyron played really well & Tyler was quite good other than the penalties. TB is a liablility. ZM was NFL average at best. Terrence was coming off major injury. We can only hope that Terrence is back to form going forward. Otherwise 4 of the 5 need replaced sooner rather than later.
My bad, should have typed ALL PROS. A much more distinctive accolade. Martin first team, Smith and Smith 2nd team. One of the best OLs in the business.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My bad, should have typed ALL PROS. A much more distinctive accolade. Martin first team, Smith and Smith 2nd team. One of the best OLs in the business.
We need a OC that does not get over powered. Big issue in the short yardage game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The kind of accolade the devalues the term All Pro.

You seriously believe Martin did his job better than the two Smith's??

One of the best in the business. Well, I guess if you count down far enough.

Chasing6

Reaction score
OL coach needs to go.
You maybe correct. I am not as familiar with his strategy, but if you do not have the right players to make your strategy work, do you change change it? I think a legit power OC will make a huge difference and prolong Martins career a bit longer. Maybe even helps reduce holding penalties for Tyler Smith. OLine has to work as team. Still to many fans think it is an individual game played as a group.

Baseball is an individual game played as a team. You hit by yourself and field by yourself.

Football is a team game first and foremost,
almost like an assembly line. 1 person can screw up by not doing their job, and the fans can't comprehend it because they are always looking at the ball.

In Emmitt Smith's Hall if Fame speech he new exactly why he was in the Hall of Fame and gave a tremendous amount of credit to Moose. I believe he said without Moose there would be no Emmitt.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You maybe correct. I am not as familiar with his strategy, but if you do not have the right players to make your strategy work, do you change change it? I think a legit power OC will make a huge difference and prolong Martins career a bit longer. Maybe even helps reduce holding penalties for Tyler Smith. OLine has to work as team. Still to many fans think it is an individual game played as a group.

Baseball is an individual game played as a team. You hit by yourself and field by yourself.

Football is a team game first and foremost,
almost like an assembly line. 1 person can screw up by not doing their job, and the fans can't comprehend it because they are always looking at the ball.

In Emmitt Smith's Hall if Fame speech he new exactly why he was in the Hall of Fame and gave a tremendous amount of credit to Moose. I believe he said without Moose there would be no Emmitt.
It's always a good strategy to look for ways to upgrade/improve your personnel. Biadasz is not a top Center, but he is not a bum either. The dude plays hard and is better than serviceable.

He reminds me of Doug Free and how most fans couldn't wait to get rid of him...until he was gone.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's always a good strategy to look for ways to upgrade/improve your personnel. Biadasz is not a top Center, but he is not a bum either. The dude plays hard and is better than serviceable.

He reminds me of Doug Free and how most fans couldn't wait to get rid of him...until he was gone.
I think Biadasz has out played his draft status and has succeeded my expectations.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyron will most likely get a 2 year $20M deal.
Spotrac puts his Market Value at 7.4mil.

That just strikes me as crazy pants. More like twice that.

I don't think he signs a 2 year 20mil deal unless he feels he's broken and most likely will just fall apart this season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Biadasz was slightly better than average last year, which is a lot better than he was his first two years.

Most likely we'll have worse C play this year.

If we draft a guy he won't have progressed to Biadasz's current level. And it would be entirely out of character for us to sign a better veteran. Such a guy would cost serious money, and that's why we're moving on from Biadasz.

If we want to be better, it's a 1st round center, which I would be happy with.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Spotrac puts his Market Value at 7.4mil.

That just strikes me as crazy pants. More like twice that.

I don't think he signs a 2 year 20mil deal unless he feels he's broken and most likely will just fall apart this season.
Contract and guaranteed money are 2 different things.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think Biadasz has out played his draft status and has succeeded my expectations.
I expected much more than his draft status. Rimington Trophy winner from Wisconsin.
I thought it was crazy he dropped to the late 4th, and attributed it to coming off a weak year from a hip injury and just falling through the cracks in the draft.