Flacco traded to Broncos

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We'll have to agree to disagree. I was never a fan of Flacco. I can't take away that one magical run he had to a Championship but other than that he's been a very mediocre starter.

I guess if they draft a QB early maybe having a guy like Flacco around to help groom him while he rides the bench and learns? Other than that I don't see the logic behind it.
Risen i will agree that Broncos are in NO-QB land and it sucks to be there....Flacco did have that one good year in 2012 and got a 100 million for it....but can you believe the rookie and newer QB's in NFL that are doing so well?...will it be a flash in the pan or the real deal?....i think being a consistent good QB is the most difficult postion in sports overall.....still am in awe a bit over Belichek and what he did to rams...and i hate Belichek and Brady and Pats..but they are kicking NFL's butt....to be honest i like Garrett Monday through Saturday...just not on Sunday...rarely does he outcoach the coach across from him...tired of us getting our own wisdom thrown back in our faces....Belichek scouts teams and their weaknesses to find a way to beat them in chess match...Garrett and his stubborn and stupid mantra--"we just do what we do"...we only worry about ourselves and dont care about the other team...that stupid way of doing things has cost us so many games...Garrett says he demands accountability and to be the best version of ourselves...then how about coaching being best version of themselves instead of being "coach Ineptness"?....ticks me off so much i hate red ball....but i better climb off soap box

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond "Will" but that is a tad extreme unless you have some inside info the rest of the planet is missing. In the DC/Baltimore area where I am living this is definitely not the shared feeling as you. Not saying it couldn't happen but highly unlikely. One hit and he is out. Course that goes for anyone..
Sorry but I’ve seen the future.

Baltimore will get a bye week this year

Pape

Reaction score
Mark Sanchez beat Tom Brady.
  1. The jets put their best foot forward that day...
  2. it was an important game... they didn't just stick their toe in the water, they came to play...
  3. welker was hurt though - bad ankle.. he had to put his foot up in the air to get the swelling to go down...
  4. if i havent said it, the jets really put their best foot forward...
  5. revis played well... had had great feet that day...
  6. the jets had some players really step up
  7. again, revis really had good feet that game
  8. deion branch could have done better though, he had great feet too
  9. the jets were all in, they really wanted to put their best foot forward
  10. their defense... good little foot soldiers that day
  11. the jets were really on their toes that day...

my ode to wes welker ... gotta love the chutzpah, even though BB didn't lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broncos arent contenders again for this upcoming season.
It's just a stopgap move.

A 4th for a 34 year old QB.

Most GMs want/need to make their team competitive even in years when they know the Super Bowl is out of reach.

Not many teams intentionally take a step back the way the Raiders are doing by trading away top players.

kskboys

Reaction score
  2. it was an important game... they didn't just stick their toe in the water, they came to play...
  3. welker was hurt though - bad ankle.. he had to put his foot up in the air to get the swelling to go down...

Context, my dear Pape. The point was being made about playoff performances. My point was that bad Qb's can beat good QB's, even in the playoffs.

Pape

Reaction score
Context, my dear Pape. The point was being made about playoff performances. My point was that bad Qb's can beat good QB's, even in the playoffs.
Yeah. I got it
But... in case you didnt know... before the play off loss to the jets, sexy rexy had thst whole foot fetish video drop.. welker went and did an interview before the game and dropped those 11 foot references .... lol everyone but bb thought it was funny... it was the beginning of the end for wes in new england

Flamma

Reaction score

Don't forget the Jets beat Manning and the Colts the week before. Beat the Bengals and the 13-3 Chargers the year prior. Impressive to say the least.

Pape

Reaction score
Don't forget the Jets beat Manning and the Colts the week before. Beat the Bengals and the 13-3 Chargers the year prior. Impressive to say the least.
I'll grant you impressive for the Pats, colts and maybe chargers, but not the dalton led bengals, lol

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Flacco is a statue back there.

They are going to need to upgrade their o-line to give him a chance.

I've never been a Flacco fan. Outside of his excellent Super Bowl run, he's been average or below average. Good for him for leveraging that run into a $100M contract. But he basically stole that money.
Most players steal money.........