Flores sues Dolphins and others ** LOCKED **

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I read this post a few minutes ago and fully agreed.

Then I thought about it.....and the threat of exposing some additional real dirt may persuade the league into a hefty settlement.

Flores' career is now over, but he should be set for life, and is being a bit of a pioneer for the greater long term good.

Someone had to, and best it's a guy who has just come off doing a nice job but fired anyway vs someone who might give off a sour grapes impression, such as Marvin Lewis.

Personally I'm sick that a guy like Jim Caldwell doesn't have a job considering some of the stiffs currently walking the sidelines.

Yeah Caldwell is the poster child for coaches who took over a crap team, turned them into a playoff team and then got shown the door because the crappy roster couldn't get out of round one. Same thing happened to Lovie Smith in Chicago.. They've been as big a mess as Detroit since they canned him. I was about to type "it makes not sense" but that would be a lie. Unfortunately, knowing what we know about ROWGs it makes perfect sense..

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes Rooney rule has always been a farce, but I do love that Goodell is going to take it up the keister on this one, maybe Mara too.
Mara has plenty coming to him.

That whining over us shedding contracts in an uncapped year was ridiculous.

Acted like we went out and binged on FA signings.

Among other things.

As local fans were clamoring all over talk radio for Flores to be the HC....I thought to myself....there's no way Mara is hiring him.

Force him to sell. Would serve him right.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
All this sucks for Flores. Miami is a joke organization. Bottom 3 in the league now. He did a good job there and would have eventually landed somewhere and had a long coaching career. This move is going to hurt him. Right or wrong it seems petty for a guy that was recognized for the good job he did in Miami. Whoever advised Flores to do this really screwed him.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Is Belli heat supposed to know everything going on in the hiring process. Why would he care.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read this post a few minutes ago and fully agreed.

Then I thought about it.....and the threat of exposing some additional real dirt may persuade the league into a hefty settlement.

Flores' career is now over, but he should be set for life, and is being a bit of a pioneer for the greater long term good.

Someone had to, and best it's a guy who has just come off doing a nice job but fired anyway vs someone who might give off a sour grapes impression, such as Marvin Lewis.

Personally I'm sick that a guy like Jim Caldwell doesn't have a job considering some of the stiffs currently walking the sidelines.

If what he's saying is true, I applaud him and am 100% behind him. But having said that, none of what I've seen would hold up in court, much less force any sort of a settlement. If he's going this route, I hope he has more solid evidence of what he's claiming, otherwise, he's grasping at straws and has effectively ended his NFL career for nothing.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Cowboys might get pulled into this due to keeping Jason Garrett here for 10+ years when he was unqualified.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's celebrate, the NFL is being sued! Sounds like a party to me. I despise the NFL but I love football.

The question is has Flores lit a match that will offer illumination? Or will the NFL act swiftly to put it out? They are not an organization that wants light shining on them.

The timeline on that text from Belichick puts Goodell's buddy Mara is an unfavorable light. Seems like not everyone likes the Rooney Rule.

Now we wait to see who else emerges to back Flores because I do feel there are other stories to be told by others used as token interviewees. And if he has proof about being bonused to intentionally lose games, that's a whole other problem for the NFL.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Let's celebrate, the NFL is being sued! Sounds like a party to me. I despise the NFL but I love football.

The question is has Flores lit a match that will offer illumination? Or will the NFL act swiftly to put it out? They are not an organization that wants light shining on them.

The timeline on that text from Belichick puts Goodell's buddy Mara is an unfavorable light. Seems like not everyone likes the Rooney Rule.

Now we wait to see who else emerges to back Flores because I do feel there are other stories to be told by others used as token interviewees. And if he has proof about being bonused to intentionally lose games, that's a whole other problem for the NFL.
He has support from other minority coaches otherwise Flores wouldnt risk a lawsuit just by himself.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah Caldwell is the poster child for coaches who took over a crap team, turned them into a playoff team and then got shown the door because the crappy roster couldn't get out of round one. Same thing happened to Lovie Smith in Chicago.. They've been as big a mess as Detroit since they canned him. I was about to type "it makes not sense" but that would be a lie. Unfortunately, knowing what we know about ROWGs it makes perfect sense..
Come think of it....when MM was hired the only other interview was a video sham with Marvin Lewis.

Maybe a major force sale is on the horizon and Jerry gets dragged in.

We can dream yes?

Go Flores!

John813

Reaction score
No matter how this ends I can't see another team hiring him in the nfl.

One thing to be pissed about the giants or paid to lose- allegedly. But no team wants to hire someone who could turn around and air laundry. Old boys club

Hilarious screw up by Bill though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's pulled the pin...

Will this go down as gutsy or foolish?

So many ways this could end up...
I have to think he talked to others about this. It's certainly NFL suicide, he will have to go the college route for coaching.

This has been stewing within this man for some time.

The other part of this is how many within the media were questioning the firing of Flores and so many assumed he would get hired almost immediately. The man is a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.