Florio: Dak to skip Cowboys' virtual offseason

Qcard

Reaction score
There are so many more factors at stake to win a championship but you're NOT winning one with a piss poor QB. The QB has more influence over anything another player on your team has. And starting-caliber ones are paid accordingly.
Sir @MarcusRock they use neither metric nor decimal system on Dak Hater's Universe

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'm more frustrated what's holding this deal off is a year. A deal worth 4 years is the best for this team and Dak. Yet, the Jones's don't want to give it.
Four years is best for Dak. I'm not sure it's best for the team. What frustrates me is that the team has offered to make Dak the richest player in league history and he's quibbling over one year. That goes both ways.

Section446

Reaction score
Its too late for that. That should've been done last season when you KNEW he was up for a new deal. Now isn't the time to say he isn't worth the headache. These are contract negotiations. Cowboys should've known what they were signing up for.
Honestly, we should ALWAYS be looking to add talent to the QB position.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what this is about, punishing owners for making money.

Get that bag, Dak. :rolleyes:
You have to remember, Dak slobberers don't care about football, don't know anything about football. All they care about is Dak making as much money as possible. I know why Dak wants to make as much money as he can, but it's still baffling why so many of his minions are desperate for him to get rich.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I would give him the four year contract and if he does not have any more success in the playoffs than he has had them next year I am starting to look for another qb in the draft alex smith had a great defense and yet he could win the big game

VACowboy

Reaction score
Why would you trade to get inferior talent in return? Makes no sense.
You don't know you're trading to get inferior talent. In fact, whether it's Tua, Herbert or Love, I think most people would agree the guy has more physical talent than Dak. Unproven? Sure, but Dak has't proven he can do squat beyond the regular season either.

John813

Reaction score
I'm more frustrated what's holding this deal off is a year. A deal worth 4 years is the best for this team and Dak. Yet, the Jones's don't want to give it.

Longer deal is better for the team.
Especially with a position that usually has a longer shelf life compared to a running back, and the QB they want to re-sign is in his 20's.
And with the new TV contracts around the corner. The teams best interest is to get 1-2 more years onto that deal.

Javier

Reaction score
I dont like this. We have a new HC and you are the leader of the group, the captain.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Four years is best for Dak. I'm not sure it's best for the team. What frustrates me is that the team has offered to make Dak the richest player in league history and he's quibbling over one year. That goes both ways.
If Dak gets hurt or sucks....how is a shorter term deal not better for this team?

Reactions: CWR

VACowboy

Reaction score
Its just coming full circle. All those years of owners making hundreds of millions and paying nothing for their players.
That's a copout. The players agreed to a CBA that determines the size of the salary cap. If that was such a huge issue they shouldn't have signed for less. Jerry has the same finite pool of money to construct his team with as every other owner in the league. Every dime Dak demands comes out of the pockets of his teammates, not Jerry's.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak’s well within his rights here, and it’s the right business decision.

If it goes down like this, for the second year in a row, it’s going to make it harder for me personally to root for this group of players to win the big one. Zeke’s holdout-in what should have been a contending season-was bad enough. This one, in the first year with a new HC, would be worse. Don’t get me wrong: I’ll still root for the laundry. But it’s more fun when you also really want the players to get the championship because you like them and respect their commitment. When they take actions that affect the outcomes of seasons for their teammates in order to get as much money as possible, it’s harder to respect their commitment to winning.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is going to sign the tag. He just is not going to sign it until the regular season is closer. Obviously a deal needs to get done to prevent that from happening, but drafting a QB very rarely leads to you to getting one even as good as Dak (1st round QBs have a 2/3 chance of failure and the failure line is a lower bar than being Dak). There is zero motivation for Dak to not sign the tag eventually; he just will not do it early on to increase the pressure to get a deal done. The best solution is just to get the deal done and pay him his money and everyone can move forward.

You are probably right, Dak will eventually sign the offer, if not a 4 or 5 year deal. However, if there is a QB there, like Tua (if his medical issues do not scare them) or Hebert, then it would be tempting. However I see a trade down in reality. But for any other QB, like Love, I say pass. But I see Tua, Hebert and of course Burrow all gone in the top 10.

But the team needs to entertain the idea of a QB if there, if Dak seems to be too far apart on a deal nor wanting to sign the tag offer.
Either way they take a chance, draft a QB and ignore the stats of 2/3 are bust, which is that a real stat? Link? or take a chance Dak will be there for the season to start.

Personally I hope Dak signs soon. I am not anti Dak. Actually I almost prefer he plays under the tag, and let him prove himself, again / further. But if he signs a 4 or 5 year deal, I won't complain either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a copout. The players agreed to a CBA that determines the size of the salary cap. If that was such a huge issue they shouldn't have signed for less. Jerry has the same finite pool of money to construct his team with as every other owner in the league. Every dime Dak demands comes out of the pockets of his teammates, not Jerry's.
So when Lawrence, La' El, Jaylon and Zeke got their money did that not come out of the teammates pockets? And where is Fredericks' money coming from?
And the players didn't agree to that CBA. Some of these guys weren't even in the league when that CBA was signed. And even if they were all players are not on the same page. The players union is a flawed system in itself.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You have to remember, Dak slobberers don't care about football, don't know anything about football. All they care about is Dak making as much money as possible. I know why Dak wants to make as much money as he can, but it's still baffling why so many of his minions are desperate for him to get rich.
Man up and learn how to make post without referencing men slobbering over another man. We should not have to be subjective to the type of thoughts that got through your head.