Video: Florio/Golic on Pollard, Zeke, and Parsons

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no he does not

Hard to believe but its true. Zeke doesnt break a lot of tackles, but more or less tries to run through guys. Thats not breaking a tackle. Thats just falling forward.

This was last year and after Sunday its easy to see why.

https://insidethestar.com/rb-tony-pollard-is-among-the-elite-according-to-pro-football-focus/

Tony Pollard’s yards after contact per attempt compared to Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb is one of the more surprising stats PFF has shared in my opinion. At 6’0, 210 Pollard is at least 20 pounds lighter then Chubb (5’11”, 227) and nearly 40 pounds lighter than Henry (6’3″, 247). I think this is a testament to just how physical Pollard is despite his smaller stature compared to others.

According to PFF, Tony Pollard is ranked first in picking up yards after contact per attempt and forcing missed tackles per attempt since 2019. They also give him a rushing grade that ranks him in the Top 5 in the NFL as well.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not joking, but perhaps I'm not as observant as you are.

Hard to believe but its true. Zeke doesnt break a lot of tackles, but more or less tries to run through guys. Thats not breaking a tackle. Thats just falling forward.

https://insidethestar.com/rb-tony-pollard-is-among-the-elite-according-to-pro-football-focus/

Tony Pollard’s yards after contact per attempt compared to Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb is one of the more surprising stats PFF has shared in my opinion. At 6’0, 210 Pollard is at least 20 pounds lighter then Chubb (5’11”, 227) and nearly 40 pounds lighter than Henry (6’3″, 247). I think this is a testament to just how physical Pollard is despite his smaller stature compared to others.

According to PFF, Tony Pollard is ranked first in picking up yards after contact per attempt and forcing missed tackles per attempt since 2019. They also give him a rushing grade that ranks him in the Top 5 in the NFL as well.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good points. He is highly ranked, but I just think they both do contact differently.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Imagine in a couple years we can use the funds for D-Law, Jaylon, and Zeke to get good players, and still keep most of our core already together. We will be unstoppable.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would try to give Pollard a 2 year extension now for a reasonable increase in pay. Lock the RB position at a reasonable rate. Gives Pollard some real money up front and some security with some escalators in case we jettison Zeke later on.

Verdict

Reaction score
Pollard seems to be…but may not be…an every down back. Can he carry it 25 times per game, and remain healthy? IDK. Maybe. Maybe not.

If you puns him between the tackles on 75 percent of his carries I think the answer is NO he is not an every down back.

exciter

Reaction score
I think Florio is wrong. Zeke's 2022 salary is already guaranteed - according to Over-the-cap. The first opportunity to dump Zeke and his contract is 2023. Coincidentally, that is the same year Pollard becomes a free agent.
And that may have been pushed even back further with the recent restructure!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Typical media divide and conquer bull****. If there isn't any controversy we will create one.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only time will tell. Let the prisoner of the moment effect marinate. These lemmings can't find that cliff fast enough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Zeke needs to start playing with some passion. It’s almost like he’s just going through the motions. You see Dak out there fist pumping, fired up. Don’t see that from Zeke. Maybe they need to put a Salvation Army bowl in the end zone.

J-man

Reaction score
Parsons looks to be a great young player that could change our fortunes on defense sooner rather than later.

Zeke isn't going anywhere until after next year. His contract was designed that way from the day it was signed. Restructuring it will only make cutting him worse. It is best for the cap to just let him play out these next 2 seasons. But I agree with getting Pollard more and more involved as we go forward. They both do some things very well and make a great RB duo.
And I would try to give TP a 2-3 yr extension now, while he's still "cheap". Because by the time Zeke is gone and we want Tony to be the bell cow, he wont be a fresh young RB anymore either. More than likely he will be just about at the end of his shelf life as well and the team will be looking to the next young RB to be the man.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cowboys need to extend Pollard NOW for a couple more years. That zeke contract continues to look worse and worse.

Commit even more CAP space to the RB position? I think we will see them draft a RB or 2 over the next 2 years.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Zeke and Pollard together make the game plan much better and harder for teams to defense against. Anyone with any football knowledge should know and understand that point. Secondly, no way Dallas is going to eat $30 mil to get rid of Zeke next year so they don't know what they are talking about. Third, even in 2023 we still would eat $12 mil so even then it would be a bit more okay but definitely not something you really want to do. Fourth, if anyone notice the blocks that Elliott picked up on blitzes to protect Dak then you know that until they get someone that can do it as good as Zeke, then you are keeping him so your QB doesn't get killed of course the Dak haters would welcome it.

Zeke and Pollard together give us a much better team to win and to compete for a division title and possibly for a run at the Super Bowl. I am so glad so many of our fans are not coaches or we would be picking in the top five every year.

Reactions: BAT

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke contract is depressing. He is gonna count over 18 million against the cap next year. He won't even be on the team the year after that but he will still count over 11 million. What a debacle. I miss 2016 Zeke. 2021 Zeke just makes me sad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke contract is depressing. He is gonna count over 18 million against the cap next year. He won't even be on the team the year after that but he will still count over 11 million. What a debacle. I miss 2016 Zeke. 2021 Zeke just makes me sad.

I do think he’s moving a little better and in the future we may be able to keep him if he wants to stay and take a paycut. Nobody is going to want to pay him at that point.

Fresh legs are just always better at tailback.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dallas can find a reasonably priced running back to replace Zeke when they are able to trade/release him but they have to extend Pollard quickly.