Flozell Adams will need help Sunday.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DMX690;2458729 said:
I remember people were saying the something about Trent Cole last season and Flozell killed him. Flozell plays better when given a challenge.

He had a stinger in his arm earlier in the year. He has been looking better of late. Maybe it has healed enough to not affect him as much anymore. Flo has proven he can shutdown the best of the best when he is at his best.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2458482 said:
Against James Harrison. This guy is a freakin' beast in the same class as DWare. I would say he is right behind the Warewolf of Dallas. Harrison created two fumbles Sunday against the Pats with a club move reminiscint of Lawrence Taylor in the 80s & 90s. Adams has been having a lot of trouble with quick, strong pass rushers, so we're going to have to put a back over there on every pass play to chip on Harrison.

Otherwise, he's going to create some turnovers & a lot of havoc. As we all know, Romo isn't the best QB at holding onto the ball. He can get away from one rusher coming from one direction, but if he has to deal with them coming from both directions, it will be Romo sandwich time.

That's why it is so important to have Barber healthy. Not only is he our best RB, but he is quick & strong enough to handle Harrison and/or Woodley for a second or so. Deon Anderson is going to have to be on his "A" game too, if we are going to stand a chance of beating their blitzes.

Man, those Steelers can draft great LBs, can't they? The jury was kind of out in the '07 draft on whether Woodley would make a good LB because of his speed in the 40. Not for the Steelers. All they look for is productivity. Woodley was a monster at Michigan, and he's a monster at Pittsburg. Our scouting dept. could learn a thing or two about finding & drafting beastly pass rushers.

I disagree, I think Flo can handle this guy and he's no way in shape or form in the same class as Dware compare career stats then scream at me.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Frankly I'd be surprised if the Steelers sent more than 4-5 all that much. They've got too much tape of us running screens, draws and short slants like they were going out of style the last few weeks.

Reaction score
nyc;2458795 said:
If the field is going to be as bad as they keep making out like it is, then he won't. If it's a sloppy mess, he won't be able to speed rush off the edge because he will end up on his back and there is no way he is bull rushing Flozell.

I guess you missed the highlights of the Patriots' game. The rain was almost horizontal, and the field was a mess. The only one who ended up on his back was Matt Light, who gave up two sacks/FFs to Harrison. Harrison not only has one of the quickest first steps in football, he's one of the strongest LBs in the game.
I can understand some of you rooting for your team, and having confidence in them, but if you think this is going to be a cake walk, you are freaking dreaming. Pitt has the best DC in the NFL & their #1 ranking proves it. Sometimes they send three, sometimes seven-and you never know which ones are coming. Their zone defense is the most well-coordinated in the league. If the entire offense isn't on their game, they will get wasted.

It doesn't matter how many weapons you have if your running game is stalled, and your QBs' on his back. You guys act like we're going to walk in there & whip up on them in their house, when NO ONE has done it this year! How foolish! I'm sure glad our players are giving them a lot more respect than a bunch of emotional fans. Just remember, this is the team that took the Giants to late in the 4th quarter before losing, and the Giants whipped our butts but good.

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2458829 said:
I disagree, I think Flo can handle this guy and he's no way in shape or form in the same class as Dware compare career stats then scream at me.

No one's screaming at you, dummy...and yes, Harrison IS in the same class as DWare THIS SEASON. It's the only season that matters RIGHT NOW, fool.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
It would be remarkably stupid to not leave the TE's in to help a good amount of the time against this defense. Roy and TO are going to have to beat double teams. Other very good WRs do it all the time, and they're both paid like very good WRs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2458926 said:
No one's screaming at you, dummy...and yes, Harrison IS in the same class as DWare THIS SEASON. It's the only season that matters RIGHT NOW, fool.

:rolleyes:

Harrison is not in Dware's class in any way shape or form.....There will never be an instance where you would prefer Harrison to Ware....They are not the same player.....I'm pretty sure this is a contract season for Harrison I could be wrong though.......I didn't mean scream at me like you were screaming or anything......you don't honestly tell people it's taken longer than a second when they ask for a second or do you count down to 60 when people ask for a minute of your time?