Flozell vs. Cole

arync

Reaction score
This has been bothering me for a few days now. Werder reported on GAC a few days ago that the coaches graded Flo and he actually lost his battle with Cole. I didn't here Cole's name all game and the team didn't give up a sack.
What do you think about Flo's game on Monday night?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
arync;2269187 said:
This has been bothering me for a few days now. Werder reported on GAC a few days ago that the coaches graded Flo and he actually lost his battle with Cole. I didn't here Cole's name all game and the team didn't give up a sack.
What do you think about Flo's game on Monday night?

while the team didnt yield any sacks, it was not a steller effort. The run blocking wasnt very good, especially in the first half. And Philly did get pressure on the QB a good bit, even though they didnt get the sacks.

They were nowhere near as dominant and overwhelming as they were vs Cleveland.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Just because you don't give up sacks, or alow you man to make the tackle doesn't mean you did a great job against him. Cole ended alot of running plays early because Flo couldn't quite get his hands on him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dargonking999;2269226 said:
Just because you don't give up sacks, or alow you man to make the tackle doesn't mean you did a great job against him. Cole ended alot of running plays early because Flo couldn't quite get his hands on him.

But Cole eventually wore down as the game went along.

Look-a game is a marathon, not a 50 yard dash. Overall-Flo got the best of him when all was said and done.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Boysboy;2269231 said:
But Cole eventually wore down as the game went along.

Look-a game is a marathon, not a 50 yard dash. Overall-Flo got the best of him when all was said and done.

Maybe, but Flo had a lot of trouble with him early, and if Cole was tired at the end, then it wasn't Flo that was stopping Cole it was exhaustion. Which aint exactly a ringing endorsement for a pro-bowl LT

jjktkk

Reaction score
It doesn't concern me one bit, considering Romo didn't get sacked by Cole. The coaches have to grade these guys, so Flo will have to improve in the areas the coaches gave him a bad grade on; run blocking, blocking assignments, etc... IMO this is somewhat knitpicking on Flo. Overall I thought Flo had a good game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jjktkk;2269254 said:
It doesn't concern me one bit, considering Romo didn't get sacked by Cole. The coaches have to grade these guys, so Flo will have to improve in the areas the coaches gave him a bad grade on; run blocking, blocking assignments, etc... IMO this is somewhat knitpicking on Flo. Overall I thought Flo had a good game.

Bring Back Torren Tucker!:laugh1:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Flo had a very bad game...cost TO 55 yards....but that is good...because we won. You want him to be looking forward to the next time he see's Cole....you want this defense to be amped up to see McNabb again....best medicine you can ever have, especially if you get it AND a win in the proccess!

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
It wasn't a terrible game by Flo, and it was Procter that cost TO his yards, not Flo, even though it was a pretty weak call. I do think that it will be good motivation for Flo the next time he faces Cole.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Paniolo22;2269631 said:
It wasn't a terrible game by Flo, and it was Procter that cost TO his yards, not Flo, even though it was a pretty weak call. I do think that it will be good motivation for Flo the next time he faces Cole.
I am sure I read that Flo lost his man and Procter had to hold to help him or risk losing Romo for the season

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I really don't think Flo lost the battle to Cole. When did the coaches say he lost the battle to cole? I don't recall reading/hearing that.

The few times I payed close attention to the Flo/Cole battle, Flo pretty much handled him.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Cole got pressure on Romo frequently in the first half.

Much like Ware, I think he wore down in the 2nd half.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rack;2269670 said:
I really don't think Flo lost the battle to Cole. When did the coaches say he lost the battle to cole? I don't recall reading/hearing that.

The few times I payed close attention to the Flo/Cole battle, Flo pretty much handled him.

Honestly, I don't mind having Cole in our division, why? B/c while he may be very quick, he's too undersized. You saw how he wore down in the game, and he'll likely wear down as the season progresses.

cowboyz

Reaction score
bbailey423;2269644 said:
I am sure I read that Flo lost his man and Procter had to hold to help him or risk losing Romo for the season
nope.

flozell had him. proctor comes with a weak attempt at helping. and cole splits them. or gets inside of proctor forgot which.

proctor had a free shot and should've demolished him or at least given him a good punch to knock him off balance.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboyz;2269687 said:
nope.

flozell had him. proctor comes with a weak attempt at helping. and cole splits them. or gets inside of proctor forgot which.

proctor had a free shot and should've demolished him or at least given him a good punch to knock him off balance.

Kosier would have done exactly that-KK may be a bit undersized for a Guard, but he's one nasty SOB.

Good to hear he's coming back this week!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Boysboy;2269696 said:
Kosier would have done exactly that-KK may be a bit undersized for a Guard, but he's one nasty SOB.

Good to hear he's coming back this week!

He's not going to play this week.