FMIA nugget on the Cowboys and Drew Henson

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Jerry label him a field general and Parcells about threw up:laugh:

GMO415

Reaction score
That whole era was inept. From the poor HCs on down.

Reactions: CWR

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Same.

And admittedly I was on the Henson wagon over Romo.
Those were some "fun" years of Jerry going for baseball QB's
Trey Lance trade sort of reminds me of those days. Another raw project the fans can argue endlessly about who may never have more than one or two meaningful wins.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Anyone catch King’s quotes of a career?

His second favorite quote from his career:

“Peter, if you f--- me on this story, I will squash you like a squirrel in the road.”

--Jimmy Johnson, while the Dallas coach, one late night after he told me more off-the-record stuff than on-. It was always an interesting information-balancing act with the wide-open Johnson during interviews.
:laugh:

leeblair

Reaction score
Im old and my memory is fading, but I dont recall Henson ever playing "well" for the Cowboys.
He never got the chance. But he was great in the NFL Europe and played well for the Vikings- albeit for a messed up organization at the time.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
2001-2004 was literally the worst era of Jerry’s Cowboys.
Well I disagree. Last I checked they haven't sniffed winning anything the past 29 years. Wins in the regular season mean squat if they aren't having success in the playoffs. The only difference is the regular season and nothing more. The end result has been the same. The only consistent during the Jones era.

1942willys

Reaction score
He never got the chance. But he was great in the NFL Europe and played well for the Vikings- albeit for a messed up organization at the time.
he gave up. He could have tried elsewhere but did not
Like I said, football was never that important and that baseball contract financially set him for life
and he did not play GREAT in NFL europe and was not all that for the vikings. Multiple coaches and multiple organizations wrote him off and deservedly so

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I remember correctly (and I may not be). We traded a bunch of 1st round picks for the great Joey Galloway. Which is why Jerry had to be creative when finding a QB (Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, drafting Quincy in the 2nd round etc…). So back then it wasn’t an option to draft a first round QB.
2000 and 2001 1st rounders.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I remember those times. Henson was put in the game and he look lost. Parcells quickly pulled him in less than a quarter of play. I think he threw a pick too.

I remember Parcells received a lot of questions and criticism from the press about why he wasn’t playing these young guys who were rated so well in college like Henson instead going with the aging veterans. And he one time said something to the effect that there’s another guy back there who’s doing pretty darn good but wasn’t quite ready yet.

Of course we all know now he was referring to Romo.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Well I disagree. Last I checked they haven't sniffed winning anything the past 29 years. Wins in the regular season mean squat if they aren't having success in the playoffs. The only difference is the regular season and nothing more. The end result has been the same. The only consistent during the Jones era.
I’d rather win 12 games 3 years in a row than go through the Campo era again thx.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I vividly remember when Henson played in his one start. I remember hoping/praying that Henson and Julius Jones would turn into the next generation of Staubach/Dorsett or Aikman/Emmitt.
Good times.

On the old version of this site, Old Silverbear had a running thread where he would grade Quincy Carter vs. Chad Hutchinson in training camp each day.

The things Cowboy fans have had to go through since Jimmy Johnson's team fell apart.....

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
On the old version of this site, Old Silverbear had a running thread where he would grade Quincy Carter vs. Chad Hutchinson in training camp each day.

The things Cowboy fans have had to go through since Jimmy Johnson's team fell apart.....

That’s a name I have not heard or seen in years.