News: FO: Dallas has Worst Special Teams in NFL

tyke1doe

Reaction score
But, but, but Bill Belichick said we were good in ALL THREE PHASES OF THE GAME!!!:laugh:
Interesting how the guys who were so enamored by the truth-telling Belichick and what he said about Dak suddenly are no where to be found.

Ga la la la la la-bull!:laugh:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
We're actually average in FG/XP (16th), kickoffs (18th) and punt returns (19th). We're horrible at kickoff returns (almost twice as bad as the second-worst team) and punts (third-worst); blocks and allowing long returns will do that to you.
Just watching other teams play you can see how horrible we look in those areas of the game. Guess the third part of the game wasn't part of "the process" this year.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
But, but, but Bill Belichick said we were good in ALL THREE PHASES OF THE GAME!!!:laugh:
Interesting how the guys who were so enamored by the truth-telling Belichick and what he said about Dak suddenly are no where to be found.

Ga la la la la la-bull!:laugh:
Bellichek trolled the crap out of this team

Chrispierce

Reaction score
You really don’t need analysis or stats to know....it’s that bad. It’s comedy hour at the casbah with these guys alright. We’ve got the worst STs to go with the worst INT rate. That’s a tough combo to overcome and compensate for. To their credit they’ve managed some long drives,but unrealistic to think you can sustain it and be a top contender. That’s how Bill planned to beat them....field position game. I just don’t like no one on staff or FO didn’t see a red flag warning and address it sooner. That’s what’s disappointing...you can’t tell me that garbage truck STs unit just suddenly turned into one overnight. Maybe someone did voice their worry,no one paid it much credence?...”ahhh we’ll be ok,let’s not sink our efforts on what isn’t a high priority.” I could see that....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This dumb organization finds new ways to screw up. Somehow found a way to have a top 10 offense and defense and suck at special teams. Not even average just sucks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
JG can't fire anyone. Jerry should have done it.
probably true, but he could have told jerry they need another st coach, and then
if he doesnt fire him, the ne game is on him.
And I think the st coach was a JG hire.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Another interesting stat - we haven't returned a kickoff for a td since Wade was HC.
they dont get any good return guys, they had one a few years back but he didnt make the team. he returned one in PS I think.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Well Jerry has a clear scapegoat in case he wants to give Jason’s process another year or two.

Plankton

Reaction score
Look, it's clear as day that Keith O'Quinn is not a capable ST coach. Clearly he lacks the basic communication skills necessary to lead a unit, as evidenced by Pollard not being lined up correctly on kickoff returns this past Sunday as well as the Tavon Austin fair catch debacle against the Vikings.

But, let's call a spade a spade here - special teams are largely a product of how much time is actually put into them. I would wager that the Cowboys do not dedicate a large amount of practice time to special teams. That is 100% on the head coach.