FO needs to reassess any hints it made to Dalton about leading this team

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
given that you would have never reached a position to be the highest paid player...you show no confidence in yourself, would have ended up an average to below average player and never considered to be highest paid...

the 8-8, one playoff game, etc....meaningful to fans who like to argue stats vs. dollars.....on message boards like this....

you are attributing the 8-8 results all to him, but ignoring that he has yet to have a losing season and is capable of going 13-3.....

and season being up in the air...applies to all the players......and how they get paid...

You’re spinning nothing but BS I’m not attributing all the 8-8 season on him. I’ve been in his corner ever since he took over for Romo. You claim I’m not showing any confidence in myself? Lol If you want to keep wasting your time on this go ahead.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re spinning nothing but BS I’m not attributing all the 8-8 season on him. I’ve been in his corner ever since he took over for Romo. You claim I’m not showing any confidence in myself? Lol If you want to keep wasting your time on this go ahead.
me spinning? if you are not trying to attribute the 8-8 season to him, then why even mention it? why bring it up if its not relevant to the discussion?

I didn't say "you" as in KJJ you....

as a player, if I was a player and I showed confidence in myself, then I can stand hard on my negotiations and my ask.....you said "if I was dak, I wouldn't do x or y".....and the "you" is a player of his caliber...

you just want to see him signed for home count discount, trying to attribute his negotiations that he doesn't want to be a cowboy and that he should be honored to be a cowboy, etc.....where the teams don't show similar loyalty to their players so we are where we are...…..

I have no issue with Dak's stance in this negotitions and there is always risk of something, including injury and then he probably loses a lot in the process. its a risk he is willing to take...if I was Wentz, I would be more worried and thus sign a lesser contract (as he did), given Dak's history, I would take a harder stance as he has.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
me spinning? if you are not trying to attribute the 8-8 season to him, then why even mention it? why bring it up if its not relevant to the discussion?

I didn't say "you" as in KJJ you....

as a player, if I was a player and I showed confidence in myself, then I can stand hard on my negotiations and my ask.....you said "if I was dak, I wouldn't do x or y".....and the "you" is a player of his caliber...

you just want to see him signed for home count discount, trying to attribute his negotiations that he doesn't want to be a cowboy and that he should be honored to be a cowboy, etc.....where the teams don't show similar loyalty to their players so we are where we are...…..

I have no issue with Dak's stance in this negotitions and there is always risk of something, including injury and then he probably loses a lot in the process. its a risk he is willing to take...if I was Wentz, I would be more worried and thus sign a lesser contract (as he did), given Dak's history, I would take a harder stance as he has.

For the kind of contract Dak is looking for part of negotiating his value is his QB record. A QBs record isn’t solely on them but they’re going to be judged off it. Not once did I ever say it wasn’t relevant. If it wasn’t relevant Andy Dalton would still be the Bengals QB. Where did I say that I want to see Dak signed for a hometown discount? All you’re doing is spinning BS to create an ongoing argument. He’s been reportedly offered to be the highest paid player in the league. How is that taking a hometown discount? My stance is if he’s been offered what’s being reported he needs to take it. It’s not hurting him to hang on the next few weeks for what he wants but he’s going to have to make a decision by July 15.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
me spinning?
you just want to see him signed for home count discount, trying to attribute his negotiations that he doesn't want to be a cowboy and that he should be honored to be a cowboy, etc.....where the teams don't show similar loyalty to their players so we are where we are....

Yes, you’re spinning complete BS! I challenge you to find a quote where I insinuated or stated that I want to see him sign for a hometown discount. Good luck! :thumbup: I’ve repeatedly said if he’s been offered to be the highest paid player in the league he needs to take it. Apparently being the highest paid player in the league isn’t good enough for him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
For the kind of contract Dak is looking for part of negotiating his value is his QB record. A QBs record isn’t solely on them but they’re going to be judged off it. Not once did I ever say it wasn’t relevant. If it wasn’t relevant Andy Dalton would still be the Bengals QB. Where did I say that I want to see Dak signed for a hometown discount? All you’re doing is spinning BS to create an ongoing argument. He’s been reportedly offered to be the highest paid player in the league. How is that taking a hometown discount? My stance is if he’s been offered what’s being reported he needs to take it. It’s not hurting him to hang on the next few weeks for what he wants but he’s going to have to make a decision by July 15.
the records are a team reflection which reflects mostly on how the GM and coach are doing, given they are responsible for defense, special teams, offense. Dak is responsible for the offense and he has his job to do as leader of the offense. and Andy Dalton is not a very good starting QB any more, its not about bengals losing record alone, but that his play had greatly diminished and had shown he is not capable of leading an offense in the post season...

I am not spinning anything, you have done that all by yourself trying to push your opinion in multiple different ways. my stance from the beginning has been the same. I have no problem Dak betting on himself and having taken the approach he has taken. if I was him, with his ability, I would do the same. you have argued that you wouldnt' bet on yourself if you were dak, you brought up the record, being appreciative that you are playing for the cowboys, the playoff record, being the highest paid player, etc......my stance still the same. Dak is right to bet on himself. end of story.

and yes, by July 15th we know if he is here for at least one year or signed a contract for the next 4......

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am not spinning anything, you have done that all by yourself trying to push your opinion in multiple different ways.

My opinions have been very clear. You’ve been spinning nothing but BS! You entered this discussion with an agenda. All you’ve done is twist my comments. You claimed I was pinning the entire 8-8 season on Dak which is BS! You said I wanted him to take a hometown discount which is also BS! Everything you’ve accused me of saying I’ve said the complete opposite on this board. Nothing you accused me of saying will ever be found. Now run along and go away someone else’s time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My opinions have been very clear. You’ve been spinning nothing but BS! You entered this discussion with an agenda. All you’ve done is twist my comments. You claimed I was pinning the entire 8-8 season on Dak which is BS! You said I wanted him to take a hometown discount which is also BS! Everything you’ve accused me of saying I’ve said the complete opposite on this board. Nothing you accused me of saying will ever be found. Now run along and go away someone else’s time.
I didn't need to do anything. you did it all by yourself spin master, now here you go again, spinning yet again.....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn't need to do anything. you did it all by yourself spin master, now here you go again, spinning yet again.....

You won’t do anything because you know you can’t find what you accused me of saying. The comments don’t exist! You twisted what I said and got caught with your pants down. lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You won’t do anything because you know you can’t find what you accused me of saying. The comments don’t exist! You twisted what I said and got caught with your pants down. lol
I guess you are now going to another tactic, since previous spins didn't work so well....you know what you did. you are aware.....your new nick name is "spin master"

done....see ya

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I guess you are now going to another tactic, since previous spins didn't work so well....you know what you did. you are aware.....your new nick name is "spin master"

done....see ya

All you’re doing is diverting and wasting time. Let’s see the posts where I pinned the entire 8-8 season on Dak and said he should take a hometown discount. Produce the quotes or move on. :thumbup:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes, you’re spinning complete BS! I challenge you to find a quote where I insinuated or stated that I want to see him sign for a hometown discount. Good luck! :thumbup: I’ve repeatedly said if he’s been offered to be the highest paid player in the league he needs to take it. Apparently being the highest paid player in the league isn’t good enough for him.

Dak has no problem with the money, from everything I've read and heard, it's about the length of the contract, he wants a 4 year deal and the Cowboys a 5 year deal.

To think Dak really thinks he's worth more money than say, Wilson, who's won a SB and would have won another if not for his doofus head coach's play call, is ludicrous. Dak certainly has an ego, but he's not blind, he knows he has shortcomings that mean he's not worth more than Wilson, sure he's asking for the moon, but who asks for less than what they're willing to take when asking for a salary? Gotta leave some room to come down. Just common negotiating tactics, I should know, I did settlements as an insurance adjuster for years, that's just the way it works.

If Dak asked for $50 mil a year and a $150 million signing bonus, I'd have no problem with it, who knows, Jerry might just do it :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has no problem with the money, from everything I've read and heard, it's about the length of the contract, he wants a 4 year deal and the Cowboys a 5 year deal.

It still comes down to money. He reportedly wants 45 million in the final year. The shorter the deal the quicker he can be onto another huge contract.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It still comes down to money. He reportedly wants 45 million in the final year. The shorter the deal the quicker he can be onto another huge contract.

I think the $45 million thing has been proven to be inaccurate, somebody took that story and ran with it, in any case we have no way to know exactly what he's asking for, or what Jerry's offering, what we hear may be correct, but it's all rumors at this point...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think the $45 million thing has been proven to be inaccurate, somebody took that story and ran with it, in any case we have no way to know exactly what he's asking for, or what Jerry's offering, what we hear may be correct, but it's all rumors at this point...

There’s been a number of reports and it’s anyone’s guess what’s accurate. Chris Simms reported an offer that was proven to be false. You have those in the media who are laying out the offers as if Jerry and Stephen are providing the information to them. The hold up seems to be with Dak and his support group. I believe the Cowboys are sold on him but not for the kind of contract he’s looking for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
that was reported as being false. that rumor started on NFL TMZ aka First take

There’s a lot of false reports out there and like I told the other poster it’s anyone’s guess what’s accurate and what isn’t. I find it hard to believe that if Dak has been offered a contract that would make him the highest paid player in the league that he would turn that down. I’ve never heard of a player turning down a contract that would make them the highest paid player not only at their position but in the entire league.