Foles is not taking Eagles offer. What if

glimmerman

Reaction score
He has made almost 34 million. He ain’t playing for peanuts. Gonna want a lot of money and be a starter. Or maybe just a lot of money.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
What if we could get him?

Perhaps a pipe dream.
Two things stand in the way. Eagles would not trade the QB to another NFC east team.
And the Eagles can still put the franchise tag on him.

But blimey!
I still wonder if pipe dreams could happen.
Hollah
If we get him Stephen needs to put Jerry in a retirement home

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Anyone against getting competition behind Prescott shouldn't be discussing this.

We should be wanting to get the best we can out of Prescott - having two scrubs behind him does nothing for job security.

This guy just bought his way out of a 20 million dollar contract to be a backup... you act liked he’d come here for the vet minimum to help compete with dak.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I dont want 40 mil between to QBs this season. Plus using draft picks to get one of them.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
2t117s.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This guy just bought his way out of a 20 million dollar contract to be a backup... you act liked he’d come here for the vet minimum to help compete with dak.

I don't think he's going to be a backup, which I stated in my initial post. I think he's going to get starter money and...start somewhere. However, if we WERE to sign him, it would be as a backup and we wouldn't break the bank.

This isn't going to happen, but it's a forum, and we discuss these things. Got it now? Good. *pats you on the head*

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
...because he's legitimate competition? Pretending Foles is on the level of some bum player is ridiculous. Foles can win you games, clearly. Foles has started in this league. He helped win a Super Bowl. His resume is there, and he's not THAT old.

Who would you bring in for competition? Go ahead, rattle off that list of QBs.

You're against Foles because he was with the Eagles and you're a homer. I really don't give two craps about that - if Prescott is going to be here "long term", I want to see how he handles having someone behind him that can challenge him. That red head scrub and some small school dude is not going to do that for Prescott.
I’m against him because he can only play in Andy Reid’s system.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stating that depth isn't needed is why we haven't won a Super Bowl in years. With depth comes competition.

Heck, just the simple fact that we don't have at least a decent backup to Prescott in case he gets injured is a big mistake.
Depth is needed but you need starters before you get depth....Jesus......

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Talk about good news

And with Foles declining his 2nd year instead of becoming a free agent naturally, they wouldn't get a comp pick correct?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Talk about good news

And with Foles declining his 2nd year instead of becoming a free agent naturally, they wouldn't get a comp pick correct?

There's an easy workaround to that. The violation is solely that the franchise is not in good faith of keeping the player. The Eagles could argue that they franchised him with the ultimate dream of him staying on a team friendly deal as the backup. They traded him because offers became larger than the value of a backup QB at that price point.

It's truthful. I bet they'd prefer to keep him as a backup at a reasonable cap hit than trade him for a mid round pick.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Foles sucks.
Just have him in a backup role. If Dak does his special 75 yards midway through 2nd quarter put Foles in to finish. And if we reach the playoffs just do what we should've done his rookie year and play the vet.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Anyone against getting competition behind Prescott shouldn't be discussing this.

We should be wanting to get the best we can out of Prescott - having two scrubs behind him does nothing for job security.

Foles isn't the guy for that role. He could've stayed in Philly for $20 million and decided against it.

Not a chance in the world this happens.