Food for thought

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
"Don't change the jerseys!"

"Don't switch to 3-4!"

"Don't sign Drew Bledsoe!"

I swear... one might almost be led to believe that many of the posters here actually enjoy being a 6-10 team for life. I've never seen so many geezers afraid of change. So convinced that it will only bring about a negative result.

Well to those people I say, remember...

"Don't pass on Steven Jackson!"?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

"Don't switch to 3-4!"

I swear... one might almost be led to believe that many of the posters here actually enjoy being a 6-10 team for life. I've never seen so many geezers afraid of change. So convinced that it will only bring about a negative result.

As a "geezer" I have a few things for you.

How in the hell will changing the uniform improve the team?

Geezers 1, whipper-snappers 0

Every person against the 3-4 argued about personnel, we did not have it before this offseason, and I have yet to see one logical argument to defend replacing Glover's snaps with Shanle.

Geezers 2, whipper-snappers 0

Bledsoe is a younger Vinny, great QBs do not lose their jobs to 6th round picks and untested rookies.

Geezers 3, whipper-snappers 0

No get out of my yard.:D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

"Don't switch to 3-4!"

To me i say why worry about change, worrying about player's role, htsi play adn that player, but really TC is what 23 days away, after TC adn preseason, then we cans tart crying our tears, if we stink and suck, nobody knows how fast players can catch on ot the 3-4. The young players i know will catch on fast because there young mind is open.

When we passed on steven jackson, i was like wow and then when we got JJ in te second round, and i started reasurching him, i was like BP knew what he was doing. I think BP knows what he's doing he's got everything together, ets let him do the worrying, he knows his players better than we do.

rojan

Reaction score
You are basiclly subing Glover for Parcells...He will make it easy for the LBers to attack the QB...He will confuse to O-Line and make the Qb hold the ball longer...There will be more false start and holding penilties and more un-necisary Time outs.

3-4 1, Gezzer 0

Cant change the Jersey

3-4 1, Gezzer 1

Bledsoe is on the hot seat...his perfprmance will be the differnece between 6-10 or 11-5. We will have to wait and see about this one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

"Don't switch to 3-4!"

Does not bother me to use the 3-4 and I have no problem with signing Bledsoe but why the changing of the Jersey? Only teams that tend to do that are teams with little history behind them and what little history they have has been poor. Cowboy colors and uniform are great just the way they are.

blindzebra

Reaction score
rojan said:
You are basiclly subing Glover for Parcells...He will make it easy for the LBers to attack the QB...He will confuse to O-Line and make the Qb hold the ball longer...There will be more false start and holding penilties and more un-necisary Time outs.

3-4 1, Gezzer 0

Cant change the Jersey

3-4 1, Gezzer 1

Bledsoe is on the hot seat...his perfprmance will be the differnece between 6-10 or 11-5. We will have to wait and see about this one.

Spelling and punctuation count rojan.

Geezers 4, whipper-snappers 0.:D

rojan

Reaction score
A Yo Blindzebra

How cares if I had some spellin errors...WOW!!...that doesnt change what I said, which I know you understood...What are you so scared to reply to my argument(cuz you know its right) that you have to attack my spellin...Man people like you get on my nerves...We are hear talkin about the Cowboys not if e comes before the i

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Finger on head...tapping foot....am I a Gezzer or Whipper Snapper???

Dang....grey hair creeping in...little hair on the back starting...crap! Wife like to rub my tummy....Hmmm...

rojan

Reaction score
If you guys are insulted by the geezer thing I wasnt the one that started it...I just wanted to prove my point they way the others did..It feels like I am in a Commanders chatroom with a star tatooed to my chest...It seems that I cant post something without being harassed..I bet you guys cant even remember what I said to start this bashing

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
rojan said:
If you guys are insulted by the geezer thing I wasnt the one that started it...I just wanted to prove my point they way the others did..It feels like I am in a Commanders chatroom with a star tatooed to my chest...It seems that I cant post something without being harassed..I bet you guys cant even remember what I said to start this bashing

Huh, did you say something ?

blindzebra

Reaction score
rojan said:
A Yo Blindzebra

How cares if I had some spellin errors...WOW!!...that doesnt change what I said, which I know you understood...What are you so scared to reply to my argument(cuz you know its right) that you have to attack my spellin...Man people like you get on my nerves...We are hear talkin about the Cowboys not if e comes before the i

He made it easy for LBs to attack the QB when his LBs were LT, Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks and Harry Carson.

We don't have a LB on our roster close to ANY of those players.

We have two rookies, an undersized ILB, and a battle between a disappointing James and UDFAs Shanle, Fowler, O'Neil and Goolsby.

The spelling was the least of your problems.

Geezers 5, whipper-snappers 0.:D

rojan

Reaction score
Well N E ways I have a life so Im gonna be the man and leave this argument but go ahead and talk behind my back all you guys wont...It dont phase me whatsoever.....Imnot here to make enimies so hopefully our next incounter will be a better one...Peace Out!!!

Go Cowboys!!!!

rojan

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
He made it easy for LBs to attack the QB when his LBs were LT, Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks and Harry Carson.

We don't have a LB on our roster close to ANY of those players.

We have two rookies, an undersized ILB, and a battle between a disappointing James and UDFAs Shanle, Fowler, O'Neil and Goolsby.

The spelling was the least of your problems.

Geezers 5, whipper-snappers 0.:D

I dont got time for this I have a job interview in an hour...If you would have gotten past the spellin errors and got to the point we could have had a good debate about it....I gotta admit I only started following the Cowboys the year Rocket Ismail was signed and the 1st game I saw was that Amazing come from behind season opener vs the Commanders..So I cant remember Parcells in his NY Giant days so you probly have a point...But if Jerry Jones is man enough to admit he made a mistake and go with the flow of the Greatest Coach in History well than I dont understand why you cant...I have confedence in Parcells and suppost his every move....Now I really gotta go but no hard feelings BZ...Ill be back on later on but I got a job Interview I gotta get to...Wish me luck

Go Cowboys!!!!

rojan

Reaction score
Sorry about post 14 that was out of hand

Really gotta go now

Peace!!

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Spelling and punctuation count rojan.

Geezers 4, whipper-snappers 0.:D

Keep it going Zebra! Your responses have been perfect. I always love how the people that can't defend their position resort to name calling and claim that everyone else is whining and afraid of change. I think that concerns about switching to the 3-4 are legit since it seems that we have better 4-3 personnel currently. It reminds me of the same kind of "Let's fit a square peg into a round hole" thinking that Coslet and Co. had when he tried to take a large, power blocking OL and turn it into a zone blocking line that had to operate in space. I just pray that Parcells' ego is not larger than his football intelligence. There is no need to go through 3-4 growing pains this year if you have the personnel for a good 4-3.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rojan said:
Sorry about post 14 that was out of hand

Really gotta go now

Peace!!
Don't be so sensitive guy. They're just messing w/u...

Good luck on ur interview. :cool:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Good luck with your job interview. Hopefully they won't have a spelling contest or ask you to write an essay. :) /smart aleck mode off

But I do respect your opinion. Just ribbing you a little. I do hope you get the job you want.