Football Outsiders forecasts great draft haul for Cowboys

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
That would be a dream draft........course it will never happen so wake up.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I would like to see us get these players, but - I don't see any way that Cromartie will still be on the board when we pick. Thomas would be nice as well, but with him having played only one season of Division I-A ball, his inexperience may impact where he's drafted at. Johnson certainly has speed to burn, although it's said that his blocking leaves a lot to be desired though.

funkytown

Reaction score
i love it too....but Cromartie and Thomas will be top 15 picks

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Vintage;2029775 said:
Then, there is the matter of Stanback and his 4.58 speed. Crayton and Stanback are sllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww...... Thomas adds speed.

:)

That is not Stanback's speed. This has been debated quite a bit on this forum. Stanback has excellent 4.4 speed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WOW that would be a sweet start to the draft. But I don't see top 15-18 guys falling to us like that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage;2029792 said:
I can't imagine what you'd do if they landed Schmitt too...

JPM;2029918 said:
Double layer of Depends for sure !
I just pray I'm not near anything electrical if that happens. I peed on an electric fence one time when I was 11. I still hear the screams sometimes. I don't like deja vu.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I do not see Cromartie falling to us. The others I can see happening. Not the draft that I would put together but I would be happy with it.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2029874 said:
Sub in Jenkins and that was my original dream draft. I just dont see DRC getting past the Saints, Bills, Eagles and Cards. I dont see Jenkins anymore either thus my change. I dont want JStew anymore either. I think a bit more conservative approach is best. Injury and character risks are best left for the second day.

just say no to JStew and Talib.
or the Texans. I'd still take Talib w/ one of our 1st (preferably w/ the 28th overall).....

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'd be stunned if we got all three of those players at those spots. Cromartie is likely in the top 2 corners picked, a position that rises come draft day and so he's likely not to fall out of the top 15. I actually think Devin Thomas goes way higher than #28, perhaps the Bills snatch him up. Them and the Vikes seem really interested in him. Johnson is plausible in the second round, but I think he goes early in the second. His speed is too much to ignore and he's not just a speedster as he can catch, run and do kickoffs.

YAKUZA

DFWJC

Reaction score
cobra;2029781 said:
Potentially best CB + Arguably best WR prospect + Game-breaking RB to fill need.

Nah, I hate that draft.

Yeah hate it! (Because, I have learned we never the draft I would covet, so I'm going to hate this one so as to not jinx it)

Couldn't have said it better.:D

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you look at the whole FO draft, you realize how nuts this is. They have one CB - one - going before 22. If the draft really gets to 22 with only one CB gone, one of the following will happen:

1. JJ will trade down, still get one of the CBs and add a real nice pick (the optimist in me).
2. JJ will reach for someone ridiculous, causing mass suicides among Cowboy fans (the pessimist in me). Last year, I would have predicted a TE or LB in this spot, but with Parcells gone, a raw WR seems more likely.