For all the criticism Dak Prescott gets

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Talent emotion camaraderie. If a player dogs dies the week of the game. The team is not the same. I don't think people understand how important those little emotional aspects come into play. When they're actually huge

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak Prescott for me it's actually his intermediate pass over the linebacker before the corner that needs the most work. You never hear that mentioned. I understand his shortcomings and his achievements. The kid is a winner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We didn't get blown out. Yes it was a great example but still the offensive line was not in unicent. But I agree 100% that's when you have to come through. If you had more experience I think he would have
That’s pure speculative. What we do know is we were 3-4 without an Elite WR. Much like we were 3-3 in 2017 without leagues leading rusher.

Point being that if we were a .500 non playoff team without these Elite contributors would there still be as much praise and support for Dak?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We didn't get blown out. Yes it was a great example but still the offensive line was not in unicent. But I agree 100% that's when you have to come through. If you had more experience I think he would have
What do you think this offense could be with a more prolific passing QB. With similar talent level as our WR and RB?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What do you think this offense could be with a more prolific passing QB. With similar talent level as our WR and RB?
I don't think the play-calling would have been much different. I don't think they wanted to leave this young defense on the field. They didn't want to expose their weaknesses. Would the scores of the game been different who knows. The end result is I trust Prescott when he has the ball in his hands last

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s pure speculative. What we do know is we were 3-4 without an Elite WR. Much like we were 3-3 in 2017 without leagues leading rusher.

Point being that if we were a .500 non playoff team without these Elite contributors would there still be as much praise and support for Dak?
It's all speculation. You can't guess an outcome. You only can foresee what you think the future might be. And that's speculation. It's a gut feeling. Nothing more. That's why I find it comical people get so upset when someone disagrees with their opinion. Go Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've seen the great Tom Brady have his worst games in the playoffs. Mahomes was horrible when they pressured him up the middle. Jared Goff was horrible when he didn't have the coach in the helmet. That's why you play the game you don't know what's going to happen. You have to love this game of football and let you know you're alive. I love those last minute heart attack games

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't seen a quarterback with great consistency and I don't know how long. If they were great they was scouring every single Drive. Truly to me what matters most. Can you win the game if you have the ball in your hands last. Prescott has 13 4th quarter comebacks in the last 3 Seasons play more than any other quarterback. That's enough for me everything else in between is called football

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Camaraderie in the locker room leadership. I take that to the extreme. Yes Cabo was very disappointing to me. I'm sure too many it's insignificant but I'm old school football you just don't do things like that. Tom Landry Jimmy Johnson would have had heart attacks
Actually, there are enough people who believe Cabo was significant and saying 'many' may be accurate. It does not change the fact that Romo (and Witten) going to Cabo was a negative contributor to his (their) actual play on the field. And 'leadership' is another long-held suspect fallacy of the 2007 Cowboys/Giants NFC Divisional round game. Finally... heart attacks may be a BIT of an exaggeration...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I haven't seen a quarterback with great consistency and I don't know how long. If they were great they was scouring every single Drive. Truly to me what matters most. Can you win the game if you have the ball in your hands last. Prescott has 13 4th quarter comebacks in the last 3 Seasons play more than any other quarterback. That's enough for me everything else in between is called football
Then you don’t believe a more prolific passing QB with closer to the talent level of our RB and QB could enhance our situation?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would be ok losing Zeke too! But the way this organization does things they will keep Zeke and cut the money towards the defensive side of the ball.

I agree. I just don't trust Jerry. Although Stephen is taking taking over running this thing and its clear as day. Lets see if they draft a RB this year with 3rd or 4th round pick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's all speculation. You can't guess an outcome. You only can foresee what you think the future might be. And that's speculation. It's a gut feeling. Nothing more. That's why I find it comical people get so upset when someone disagrees with their opinion. Go Cowboys.
We don’t have to guess outcomes. We see what we have in Dak with an Ellite supporting cast and what we have without it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually, there are enough people who believe Cabo was significant and saying 'many' may be accurate. It does not change the fact that Romo (and Witten) going to Cabo was a negative contributor to his (their) actual play on the field. And 'leadership' is another long-held suspect fallacy of the 2007 Cowboys/Giants NFC Divisional round game. Finally... heart attacks may be a BIT of an exaggeration...
I don't know what the impact was on the locker room. I'm just personally saying I didn't like it. You can read further into it but that's all I'm saying.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then you don’t believe a more prolific passing QB with closer to the talent level of our RB and QB could enhance our situation?
No I don't. How many 3rd down situations did Prescott fail at. I would like to know the statistics of that. You win football games by making third Downs. You win football games by pressure up the middle on defense. You might like to watch somebody like a Brady or Mahomes. Can I look at this game a little bit differently. I've trained with Super Bowl running backs. We discussed this constantly. Talent emotion camaraderie. The second two were the most important

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We don’t have to guess outcomes. We see what we have in Dak with an Ellite supporting cast and what we have without it.
What Elite Supporting Cast Elliott. Zack Martin Freddy. I don't know who else I would call Elite on this team. On offense. You think the salary cap would have something to do with having elite players everywhere. You win football games with football players. That's my opinion I trust Prescott.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know what your definition of elite is. Top five statistically. I don't even like the word Elite

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what the impact was on the locker room. I'm just personally saying I didn't like it. You can read further into it but that's all I'm saying.
I know you did not like it. Others did not like it as well. I am only saying Cabo had zero impact on what occurred on the field that day in my opinion.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

First of all I don't recall praising Prescott. But I'm not slamming him either. Like I said I see his shortcomings and I see his growth. Yes this things he needs to work on. But you can teach that . if I thought he was in teachable or didn't have it that would be a different story. The kid has everything it takes to be a winner in this league

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Just like Romo's 6-10 2010 season and back-to-back-to-back 8-8 season records right after?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know you did not like it. Others did not like it as well. I am only saying Cabo had zero impact on what occurred on the field that day in my opinion.
I agree 100% with you. But again that was not my initial reason for posting that