For all those lamenting Lamb

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Now you are just making stuff up..like how far a guy falls means he wasn’t a top guy. Dude I expect nothing more than for you to cowardly disappear when he kills it. Talk to any OU fan. Guy was a starter as a Fresh and probably is considered one of their best if not the best WR they’ve had in 20 yrs. Are you drawing up your “negatives” for all the guys we might pick tonight?

He didn't fall far, that is my point. He was a top 15 guy, he was taken at 17. I am telling you, this supposed "can't miss" prospect was passed on by 3 teams in need of a WR. You seem to be missing that.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he's a good player, I have never said otherwise, now have I? I also thought Zeke would be good, I disagreed with taking him. I also think Cooper is good (though with some major flaws), I didn't like giving up a first for him in a trade.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He didn't fall far, that is my point. He was a top 15 guy, he was taken at 17. I am telling you, this supposed "can't miss" prospect was passed on by 3 teams in need of a WR. You seem to be missing that.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he's a good player, I have never said otherwise, now have I? I also thought Zeke would be good, I disagreed with taking him. I also think Cooper is good (though with some major flaws), I didn't like giving up a first for him in a trade.

Then what do you expect from a 1st rounder if those guys don’t fit? This was an easy pick vs a project. Move down for more uncertainty. We’ve got on Oline and here we are. Draft is a crapshoot but if your staff has a guy two levels up, you go there

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
Who was on the board that we should have taken instead?

- there were no CBs left at the spot that had the value of Lamb (or the talent)

- I guess you can can argue we should have taken Chaisson, who has big upside, but the rest of the potential DL at that spot - Gross-Matos, etc? None are close to Lamb in terms of skill.

So who did we pass on that we should have taken at 17 rather than Lamb? Its easy to pound your fist on the table and scream we should have gone defense.......... tell us who.

Anyone from the SEC! It is easy to produce in the big 12 with OUs o-line, receiving, and offensive system...prove it against 8-10 sec defenses (line Bama’s and LSU’s WRs) and you have got something. Lamb will be a terrific #3 but he isn’t a #1 (like cooper)...

Miller

Reaction score
Project in the first round?

I think they exist. Guys are athletic snd have talent but somehow need work. If Chaisson was so good why didn’t he dominate at LSU? Not saying he couldn’t be Ware but what Jimmy used to do was take guys who produced. Heck some have gone Top 5. Texans took one at 10 with Okoye

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think they exist. Guys are athletic snd have talent but somehow need work. If Chaisson was so good why didn’t he dominate at LSU? Not saying he couldn’t be Ware but what Jimmy used to do was take guys who produced. Heck some have gone Top 5. Texans took one at 1

There are plenty of players that come out of college without flashy numbers. It happens all the time, and then the more tape is studied and the combine comes around, they rise. Maybe ask our scouts why they were so high on him? You don't sit around contemplating a choice if there is a large gap.

Miller

Reaction score
There are plenty of players that come out of college without flashy numbers. It happens all the time, and then the more tape is studied and the combine comes around, they rise. Maybe ask our scouts why they were so high on him? You don't sit around contemplating a choice if there is a large gap.

Right but are you taking a chance? That’s my point. We lost on Taco. Could have been coaching. But I wasn’t sold on any D player past a point. Think they’re is more value in Rd 2. Thought not our best round. Enjoy the night

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Who is everyone hoping for at #51?
Surely it'll be defense.

Last edited:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

- I guess you can can argue we should have taken Chaisson, who has big upside, but the rest of the potential DL at that spot - Gross-Matos, etc? None are close to Lamb in terms of skill.

So who did we pass on that we should have taken at 17 rather than Lamb? Its easy to pound your fist on the table and scream we should have gone defense.......... tell us who.
I seen one guy who liked Anae pass rush better than chaisson. So glad we didn’t go that route round 1, he’s got poetential bust written all over him, having said that I do trust our scouting department

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware was either bust or become Ware. Every prospect is like that

Wrong.

Some prospects have a high probability of being a solid player but are unlikely to be super stars.

Some prospects have a chance to become a super star but have a high probability of being a complete bust.

CWR

Reaction score

Chaisson was interesting, so were the safeties, but clearly that would've been a reach. CeeDee was the best value pick period. Now in a couple years we will either be able to maneuver out of Coops contract or let Gallup walk.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Dude... the league, commentators, everyone almost universally not only approves of the Lamb pick, but thinks it was a home run.

I'm still beside myself with the pick. CeeDee Lamb was exactly the guy I wanted, but thought he was a pipe dream.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How has this thread gone so long? There is no real discussion here. It's obvious the Cowboys did the right thing. Trading down is dumb, that's tantamount to passing on both Chaison and Lamb. It's much better to choose one and that choice is so easy. The one ranked #6 on the Cowboys board... CeeDee Lamb!