For all those lamenting Lamb

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What "imaginary world"? We had 3 trade offers, this is confirmed. Yeah, we've had a great offensive line....and a bad defense. I wouldn't have signed Cooper, I would have kept Jones. Now it looks like our DBs have gotten worse, unless everyone here thinks Ha Ha is going to be a stud after bouncing around from team to team and stinking it up with the Commanders last year.

And you can say whatever you want about Chaisson - the way Jerry spoke, he was rated so highly that they were contemplating taking him or Lamb. Not surprising that Jerry, yet again, went for the jersey seller. It would be best if people stopped speaking of Lamb like a can't miss prospect when a couple teams who were in need of WRs passed on him. Apparently, he's not the next Jerry Rice.
If you thought that we were going to fix this secondary with just this draft, then you really have poor talent evaluation skills.
Everyone knew the DB class this year was somewhat weak, and if you watched the draft, the way it fell, we never reached, we caught talent.
Draft position changes everything, you take great value when its in your reach, but reaching nets you Tacos and Hills.
This was an excellent draft.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I was scared to death they were going to pass on Lamb ala Randy Moss and Steven Jackson...if only all their picks could be this easy.

Exactly. You don't pass on elite talent like that when it falls to you. It's not like we didn't have a need at WR. Perhaps the need wasn't as great as DE, but it was still significant. In today's NFL, you need 3 WRS and we had very little behind Cooper and Gallup. This is not like we took a RB which we absolutely did not need. Lamb was a great pick.

Side note: alicetooljam, I was supposed to see TOOL last night in NY (postponed obviously). This draft kept me from being absolutely miserable about the show postponement. It was one hell of a draft IMO.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Who was on the board that we should have taken instead?

- there were no CBs left at the spot that had the value of Lamb (or the talent)

- I guess you can can argue we should have taken Chaisson, who has big upside, but the rest of the potential DL at that spot - Gross-Matos, etc? None are close to Lamb in terms of skill.

So who did we pass on that we should have taken at 17 rather than Lamb? Its easy to pound your fist on the table and scream we should have gone defense.......... tell us who.
I think he was just a player that was so talented that you don’t pass up on him. I heard people saying we may go for a WR anyways at some point. We just happened to have one of the best fall to us. We could end up trading him or Gallup.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Cee Dee helps Zeke by helping form the most prolific trio of WRs in the NFL. Teams cannot stack the box or there will be a price to pay. Coop, Gallup and Cee Dee can all take it to the house.

Knowing this, defenses have to play the run honestly. That's when Zeke and Pollard come in to gash and eat up clock.

Prediction: Cowboys defense will be amongst the least in the NFL in terms of snaps taken. Our offense will lead the league in TOP which in terms helps the defense.

Cee Dee was absolutely the BPA. He'll help score more TDs instead of kicking FGs too. Dallas kicked too many FGs instead of TDs. Ended up 8-8. Not this year though.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Exactly. You don't pass on elite talent like that when it falls to you. It's not like we didn't have a need at WR. Perhaps the need wasn't as great as DE, but it was still significant. In today's NFL, you need 3 WRS and we had very little behind Cooper and Gallup. This is not like we took a RB which we absolutely did not need. Lamb was a great pick.

Side note: alicetooljam, I was supposed to see TOOL last night in NY (postponed obviously). This draft kept me from being absolutely miserable about the show postponement. It was one hell of a draft IMO.

@BIGDen , I had (have) tickets for 3 shows (StL, Wichita, OKC) in 5 days come June...all postponed, but Im not asking for a refund....Ill wait. Saw them 3 times last year, May back to back in StL and KC, October in Tulsa. This draft has been the highlight of my "safer at home" days since 3/18.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
@BIGDen , I had (have) tickets for 3 shows (StL, Wichita, OKC) in 5 days come June...all postponed, but Im not asking for a refund....Ill wait. Saw them 3 times last year, May back to back in StL and KC, October in Tulsa. This draft has been the highlight of my "safer at home" days since 3/18.

3 times last year with 3 more lined up? Nice! I'm definitely not asking for a refund either. Just praying that the show doesn't get cancelled or moved to a date when I can't attend. I saw them twice last year. Did the VIP in Newark, NJ then saw them in Atlantic City 6 days later. Same set list but a very different perspective for each show. 2nd row for VIP in front of Justin, then mid-floor for AC where I really got to appreciate the visuals. They sounded great. I had insane luck at the Newark show. After sound check, I asked Adam if I could have his pick and he handed it right to me (just a grey Dunlop - not personalized but cool). Later, I was talking with the guys who ran the VIP and, while we were laughing about something, the one in charge reached into his pocket and pulled out two guitar picks for me - a black personalized Justin one, and a yellow personalized Adam pick! Throw in the cool Alex Grey poster from the show, as well as being up close, it was really an amazing, memorable experience. I hope we get to see them again soon, man.

Be safe, stay healthy, and cheers to that Cowboys draft! :starspin: