For all you Dak haters. Look what your hero Wentz has been up to

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal about Wentz was to begin with. I guess people just want to see great QBs come into the league as the older ones exit. But Wentz was never elite. He had one good year that he couldn't complete. RG3 was supposed to be great too. People blowing smoke up his butt, calling Wentz the real deal. what does that even mean? Wentz is not an elite QB and he will never be an elite QB. At best he is a really good QB with a lot of talent around him. Like 90% of the QBs in the league.

cern

Reaction score
I've worn a hat since I was a kid. My wife bought me a 100x black Stetson when i turned 50. Love it! I still have two hats that I wore in HS.
i have my stetson made of beaver. great in the rain. with a genuine lakota hat band.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree this should have been a loss. But other than the ridiculous attempt to backhand a "pass?" when Dak was being sacked, he played well. Fact is his arm kept the team in a position to win, regardless of fumbles by other players and questionable coaching calls.

And while I understand your premise about the game, it stands to reason that Dak had some significant road blocks, and yet he did not give up. He kept firing, and kept the ball in the hands of Dallas and not tossing picks to end any slimmest of slim chances to win that game Dallas had.

Dak should not be penalized for anything but his momentary brain fart. Otherwise he stood tough and delivered passes, which is his job. And he led the team.

I admit this thread is a bit pedantic. I cannot throw rocks because I have started more than my share of threads like this over twenty years. (Wow, twenty years!)

But the Attack Dak Pack look for every nuance to lay blame on him regardless of its validity and will not incorporate any of the extenuating circumstances we see applied to Wentz.

Fair is Fair.

By the way, I think if Wentz were to go to a new team with a fresh start, he would shed this cloak of failure the Eagles have built around him. I would be more than pleased to have Wentz in Dallas. Regardless of what people here think about him.

But we have Dak, and at this moment in time, that is just as good if not better.

Nobody is saying he didn't have a good game but people are definitely calling out other posters for saying nothing at all. What's fair about that? I see no threads giving the D their do. What's fair about that? If we were really interested in fair, we would actually break Dak down and find the good and the bad but we aren't doing that and there were multiple plays you can point to and say, that wasn't very good, that Dak made in that game. Now, nobody wants to do that, and I understand why that is. I don't want to do it either because I don't want to piss all over a good game by our team but, if we are really talking about what's fair, that's how you would be most fair and you would find issues. Or, you can just not post threads like this and call out other Cowboy Fans and try to start something when there needs to be nothing but "Good Game Boys!"

That's how I see all this.

JMO

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not stating or implying you are making this up.

But I think this statement by you about fans on this board will never reveal the truth they will never accept any result except that which confirms their bias about Dak.

Were he to take this team to a championship, the hue and cry would surely be, "He was a bus driver and the team around him won. Now let's see him do it again."

I personally carried a bit of a grudge - if you want to call it such - about Romo for several years. I can still list things about his game that I believe were the reason he was not drafted.

But I got over it. Even when he never sealed the deal.

I just wonder if the Dak Attack Pack can ever get over their grievances about Prescott? At this juncture it doesn't appear so.

I'll speak for myself and state the following.
There is no hate in this heart for Prescott just a burning desire for the Star to win SB # 6.
In this quest, I consider Dak Prescott a major stumbling block and the major reason why all this talent cannot achieve the glory desired.
Not believing that Dak is a franchise QB is not a sin or does not give anyone grounds to point fingers of hate cries!
They use Hate word when reality slams down all their insignificant arguments!!
Only Dak can shut us up....but week in week out when he faces teams with winning records he falls flat on his face cowboy hat and all.....

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Wentz has been beyond horrible.

He’s the most overrated player in the entire league.

Cowherd said in the off-season the only QBs he would pick to start a team over Wentz are Wilson and Mahommes. He’d probably like to take that back I’m sure.

Sydla

Reaction score
Another Theory

Wentz is a puffed up small Conference QB that was the beneficiary of Doug Pederson Coaching and Eagles FO skillset.

Except the last two seem to be questionable. Outside of one year, Pederson has come under scrutiny for his coaching and offense. And the FO has failed at drafting and basically loaded up for 2017 and now are paying the price given an aging roster, some bad contracts and the fact they are staring a $60-70MM ap problem next year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no hate in this heart for Prescott just a burning desire for the Star to win SB # 6.
In this quest, I consider Dak Prescott a major stumbling block and the major reason why all this talent cannot achieve the glory desired.
Not believing that Dak is a franchise QB is not a sin or does not give anyone grounds to point fingers of hate cries!
Only Dak can shut us up....but week in week out when he faces teams with winning records he falls flat on his face cowboy hat and all.....
Lol!!! Hater!!!! He throws for 450 and brings the team back and you still can't say anything positive about him! You're the epitome of a Hater!!!!

cern

Reaction score
any pleasure i derive from wentz's poor showing is more directed at philly fans than wentz directly. they crowed how clever they were to have leap frogged the cowboys to get him. then did it again by getting goedert. people who boo santa deserve no consideration.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has his first 4th quarter comeback since 2018.

Fans be like "That's clutch"

Dak leading the offense to score 17 points in the last 5:21 of the game to win by a point is the very definition of clutch.

The good news for Wentz is that him being ranked the worst starting QB after the first two games means things can only improve.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you wouldn't consistently resort to lying about other posters to further your agenda we might believe you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Holy...I don't know what you're talking about. I have said that Wentz is bad lol and I'm the exact opposite of a Dak detractor.

The obsession Cowboys fans have with saying anything other than "Wentz sucks" is stupid.
you are like my flip flops :thumbup:

Ken

Reaction score
They have no receivers and no OL. Wentz hasn't played well, but it's not like you can realistically grade him.
LOL.

Yes, an ALL PRO TE, a Young up and coming TE, a first round pick at wr and Djax is nothing to work with.

Let's not forget a good rb.

Line was not the problem in week 2.

Ken

Reaction score
He's never really been as sharp after that injury in 2017 when he was having that great season. He's shown flashes but never the consistency that he showed week in and out in 2017.
He wasn't good that season either. I was saying the same critiques of him then as I am now.

He is simply to slow in his reads, doesn't come off his primary read very often at all, is not accurate, and fumbles too much.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
?

He was excellent against the Rams. This is the type of thing that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yes a good game against the Rams
This is not true. He played well against Minnesota, Rams and Eagles last year which were all good defenses.

In the must win against the Eagles he was 25 of 44 with a QBR of 39.7. Last year for what ever reasons the Rams was an average defensive team as they was ranked 17th. So they weren’t a TOP defense. But yes he played very well against the Viks and I believe we should have won that game if it wasn’t for the stupid play calling on they next to last drive.

Look just so you know I am a Dak fan and absolutely want him to be very successful, but to me I see him struggling against good teams more then not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes a good game against the Rams

In the must win against the Eagles he was 25 of 44 with a QBR of 39.7. Last year for what ever reasons the Rams was an average defensive team as they was ranked 17th. So they weren’t a TOP defense. But yes he played very well against the Viks and I believe we should have won that game if it wasn’t for the stupid play calling on they next to last drive.

Look just so you know I am a Dak fan and absolutely want him to be very successful, but to me I see him struggling against good teams more then not.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-defense/2019

Eagles were ranked 12th in defensive effeciency and Rams 9th and Minnesota 4th. To me this is a better way to gauge a defense than just seeing how many yards a defense gave up.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal about Wentz was to begin with. I guess people just want to see great QBs come into the league as the older ones exit. But Wentz was never elite. He had one good year that he couldn't complete. RG3 was supposed to be great too. People blowing smoke up his butt, calling Wentz the real deal. what does that even mean? Wentz is not an elite QB and he will never be an elite QB. At best he is a really good QB with a lot of talent around him. Like 90% of the QBs in the league.

A QB that's: got good regular season stats, playing in a poor division and a lack of post season success. :rolleyes:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sure it does when it's been proven over and over that he is great.
that is all a matter of opinion and how each person measures "great"
Every person looks at it differently, and measures great differently.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree, I don't think all Dak critics are Wentz fans, hell chances are many of them are not. What I don't get is how hard it is for them to give Dak any credit for a game like he had sunday. on the season thus far he is hitting 68.6% of his passes no ints, did have a fumble. I don't have an issue for someone saying Dak had a bad game what I don't get is people who can't seem to acknowledge when he does have a great outing.
I am considered by some as a dak hater, and I will say he did play good in 2nd half of atl game.
lets see how he does in this next game against a contender type team.