For the DC.com folks and benefit of the CZ folks

Londonboy

Reaction score
OK, the count so far.
1 Poster with a different name (but the same mug shot), so far it's going a long way toward clearing up the confusion.

Londonboy

Reaction score
No, the Rap War. I was part of an invasion, in response to the British Invasion, attempting to infiltrate your music underground and find a foothold for rap and get it the hell out of America.
So, if I understand correctly, in response to sending over an influx of epoch defining music, You thanx Us by sending Your rubbish.
Thanks CC

p.s How'd it work out for Y'all?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, if I understand correctly, in response to sending over an influx of epoch defining music, You thanx Us by sending Your rubbish.
Thanks CC

If you'd just taken the gift of rap, instead of being a bunch of ingrates, it would've worked out great!
Nobody said you had to keep it. You could've re-gifted it to the French!

Londonboy

Reaction score
Sure, let's see what that looks like! Maybe you can make Lundy feel the way we feel, when he forgets we don't speak Cockney!
I've been teaching Y'all for ages, aint Ya learned nuffink?

I speak fluent Yarkshire, passable Geordie, no Scouse at all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's British ?
It's was Brits speak when no one but other Brits are around. Y'all speak English when we're around making us feel stupid. You can read the contents of a can of soup in English and make it sound like all y'all were educated at Cambridge.

Thanks CC

Not great. I cannot stand that music and it's the only thing that prevents Country from being my least favorite. And I speak of today's Country, not real country. Real country can make you cry.

I'd rather not be old but I am glad I was around for the greatest time in the history of modern music. The co-existence of American rock n roll, soul, Motown and British Invasion was the most magical time and radio's finest hour.

What always fascinated me about the Brit musicians were their influences. Basically, artists that were not mainstream in the states, colonies I believe you call them, inspired them to create music that changed the world and inspired a generation. Kids here were not listening to John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters but they were across the pond. We preferred Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Bo Diddley.

If Elvis was the king of RnR, Berry, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis created him. They set the path for him to follow as they were musicians, and he was not, and performers, which he was.

Rap is an acquired taste for which I will never develop one. Don't like the music or the creators of it. Although, I did enjoy Straight Outta Compton as a film.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well lookie there, a blast from the past. I used to do posts like that and couldn't figure out why. I see I brought some of my bad habits with me.

Londonboy

Reaction score
It's was Brits speak when no one but other Brits are around. Y'all speak English when we're around making us feel stupid. You can read the contents of a can of soup in English and make it sound like all y'all were educated at Cambridge.

Not great. I cannot stand that music and it's the only thing that prevents Country from being my least favorite. And I speak of today's Country, not real country. Real country can make you cry.

I'd rather not be old but I am glad I was around for the greatest time in the history of modern music. The co-existence of American rock n roll, soul, Motown and British Invasion was the most magical time and radio's finest hour.

What always fascinated me about the Brit musicians were their influences. Basically, artists that were not mainstream in the states, colonies I believe you call them, inspired them to create music that changed the world and inspired a generation. Kids here were not listening to John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters but they were across the pond. We preferred Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Bo Diddley.

If Elvis was the king of RnR, Berry, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis created him. They set the path for him to follow as they were musicians, and he was not, and performers, which he was.

Rap is an acquired taste for which I will never develop one. Don't like the music or the creators of it. Although, I did enjoy Straight Outta Compton as a film.
Fear of a black hat is the best rap movie, very funny.