For The Love Of God - Bring Tony Romo Back!

jsb357

Reaction score

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Tony showed that he couldn't stay healthy, unless he made it through the entire season and the playoffs, then you'd be back with Dak as your quarterback, which is what we have now.

For Tony's sake, and his wife's and kid's sake, he should stay retired....

If I was gonna bet on which would happen, Tony coming out of retirement OR ET playing here in 2018 I would hide my wallet in the safe, throw away the key, destroy my debit card and credit cards, tell my banker and broker not to take my calls and build a cabin in the woods with no internet or electricity to foolishly avoid putting money on either. I'll put my money on the 1-2 Cowboys, even that is foolish :muttley:

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I’m as big of a Romo fan as anyone but he’s been out of the league too long now. I wouldn’t want a guy to come back without having a full training camp especially not at the QB position. The guy has an awesome gig where he’s at.

Too long?! He was football ready in 2016, sat out one season. He could come in OFF THE STREET (today) and play 6 times better than Dak on Dak's best day.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Tony showed that he couldn't stay healthy, unless he made it through the entire season and the playoffs, then you'd be back with Dak as your quarterback, which is what we have now.

For Tony's sake, and his wife's and kid's sake, he should stay retired....

With today's rules, Romo could play for another 5-6 years, at least. Look at Brady.
PLUS You can barely touch the QBs now, he was always getting landed on, and now THAT is illegal (LOL). He would be the perfect solution, and knows the system better than the coaches. The man is a gamer, one of my favorite players of all time, all sports.

Big_D

Reaction score
It might not be realistic but i'm betting the QB would actually be able to throw for more than 170 yards. Might be a nice change of pace.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With today's rules, Romo could play for another 5-6 years, at least. Look at Brady.
PLUS You can barely touch the QBs now, he was always getting landed on, and now THAT is illegal (LOL). He would be the perfect solution, and knows the system better than the coaches. The man is a gamer, one of my favorite players of all time, all sports.

The rules are that you can barely touch the quarterback, correct. But everybody would know that one good hit on Romo, and he's out of the game. And what would it cost the other team? A 15 yard penalty. Big deal. They essentially win the game with Romo out and suffer relatively nothing. And the last hit on Romo didn't even draw a penalty, because he was a runner. Think Romo would never run in a game? Of course he would, he's a competitor, if it took a 5 yard run to score a td or get a game-clinching first down, he'd do it without a thought.

I loved watching Romo as much as you do, but his time is passed. We're stuck with Dak or whoever, like it or not. Sad, I watch players like P. Manning have a lousy season and lousy SB performance, and win the danged trophy. Romo carries the team on his back and gets scorned, ridiculed and raked over the coals just because he didn't win a SB...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I admit, I was ready to move on from Romo after the 2012 season. The sad irony of Romo's career is the Cowboys constantly made dumb moves with draft picks, coaching changes, trades, contract extensions, cap management, etc., that prevented the organization from putting a balanced team around Romo. Either the OL, defense or both sucked during his tenure, but they were never lacking in a playmaker behind center. Yes, he broke hearts, but the kid could play and if he had the team around him that the Cowboys have had since 2016, he would have made some noise with them.

Wish the Cowboys could have made better use of Romo's talent. His legacy would have been much different and we would have experienced more post season glory.

Big_D

Reaction score
At this point in time the way this offense looks I'd bring Romo back. I certainly have no problem with that. Can't possibly look any worse than they do right now. Be nice to see a spark from what is currently a non existent passing game.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
The rules are that you can barely touch the quarterback, correct. But everybody would know that one good hit on Romo, and he's out of the game. And what would it cost the other team? A 15 yard penalty. Big deal. They essentially win the game with Romo out and suffer relatively nothing. And the last hit on Romo didn't even draw a penalty, because he was a runner. Think Romo would never run in a game? Of course he would, he's a competitor, if it took a 5 yard run to score a td or get a game-clinching first down, he'd do it without a thought.

I loved watching Romo as much as you do, but his time is passed. We're stuck with Dak or whoever, like it or not. Sad, I watch players like P. Manning have a lousy season and lousy SB performance, and win the danged trophy. Romo carries the team on his back and gets scorned, ridiculed and raked over the coals just because he didn't win a SB...

I appreciate your comment, however I disagree that Romo's time has passed... He could come in off the street, replace Dak, and easily double Dak's performance (and more importantly, win games!) And if he happened to get hurt (worst case) we would be right back where we are now... can't be any worse than this 'painful to watch'd sorry display of an offensive passing game. Romo deserves a shot at the Lombardy. It was stolen from him by a fluke situation in 2016. Dak is a backup. He is not a starting quarterback. He might well have developed into a starting QB after working behind Romo for a few years, but what has transpired since 2016 to now has actually hurt his development. We all know he has regressed (BIGTIME), and if we had another option, Dak would be on the bench. If we lose today, at home, against a poor Lions team, with everything that is at stake, the writing should be on the wall.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
I wish....he could play another 3 years with new QB rules

Fully agree... he is 3 years younger than Tom Brady, who is planning on playing for several more years. So yes, Romo could easily deliver at least 3 years of high quality play, especially with these new QB rules. His touch, finesse, accuracy, and competitiveness is ELITE. Year after year his stats were top 5. He's a gamer, and would be surprised if he's not at least thinking about a return to the NFL.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

November 15, 2016. Yeah. Romo did not tell THE WORLD he was done with football but he was saying between the lines he was done with Dallas. I figure the odds of Romo returning to football at 3 million to one but those are the chances of him wanting to play for any team not having 'Cowboys' in their name. The odds for Dallas are far worse.

Regardless, keep hope alive people. Keep hope alive. Just do not hold your breath waiting for that day to come. Do not hold your breath for the sake of all your fellow CowboysZone members. Do it for all the loved ones in your life.