For Those About to Mock......

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2008653 said:
is Pro Football Weekly laughable?

David
If they have Cason available at our 2nd round pick, yes. What is that your bible or something? Do you just recycle what they have?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2008737 said:
If they have Cason available at our 2nd round pick, yes. What is that your bible or something? Do you just recycle what they have?

Not my bible, but they dont think as much of him as some of you do.

And not only do they have him available to us in the 2nd, they have him graded as a 3rd or 4th rd pick...I think he'll go higher than that, but I've said all along I dont think he's a 1st rd pick and wont be all that surpised if he goes middle to late 2nd

David

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2008779 said:
Not my bible, but they dont think as much of him as some of you do.

And not only do they have him available to us in the 2nd, they have him graded as a 3rd or 4th rd pick...I think he'll go higher than that, but I've said all along I dont think he's a 1st rd pick and wont be all that surpised if he goes middle to late 2nd

David

Pro Football Weekly hasn't been the same since Joel Buschbaum's passing.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stasheroo;2008799 said:
Pro Football Weekly hasn't been the same since Joel Buschbaum's passing.

Yeah I'd agree, though its still better than alot of the draft magazines out there

David

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2008827 said:
Yeah I'd agree, though its still better than alot of the draft magazines out there

David

Yeah.

Definitely still better than Sporting News!

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2008827 said:

David

Not if it has Cason as a 3rd-4th round prospect it's not!

dmoore

Reaction score
I'd just like to say that this is the greatest name for a mock thread ever. Congrats.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just updated a bit on April 8, 2008

Stash's Dallas Cowboys 2008 Mock Draft

Round 1 (a): Antoine Cason - CB -Arizona - 6’0” 190 lbs.

Naturally-gifted playmaker at a need position. Hard worker and solid character individual. A ballhawk with excellent anticipation and hands for the interception. Instincts, character and work ethic. Think Chris McAlister with a better attitude.

Round 1 (b): Limas Sweed - WR – Texas - 6’4” 212 lbs.

Rare size/speed combination. Smooth and agile with good change of direction for his size. Great hands and focus on the ball. Has the size to be a dominant red zone target. A leader with a solid work ethic and the drive to improve. If not for a wrist injury, a player of this caliber wouldn’t be available here.

Round 2: Ray Rice - RB - Rutgers - 5’9” 195 lbs.

Highly productive, versatile back. Thick and muscular with a solid lower frame. Can handle a full-time workload if necessary.Attacks the line of scrimmage with great power and low center of gravity. Great pass catcher and can handle blitz pickup as well. One of the draft’s most versatile running backs. Could either spell or eventually replace Marion Barber if necessary.

Round 3: Red Bryant - DT - Texas A&M - 6’5” 326 lbs

Tremendous size for nose tackle position. Very strong with a quick first step. An experienced four year starter and two-time team captain. Motivated, hard-working player who plays with an attitude. This pick would eventually allow the Cowboys to transition Ratliff to DE.

Round 4: Robert Felton - OG - Arkansas - 6’4” 313 lbs.

Physical drive blocker with long arms and a thick frame. Versatile, has experience at both guard and tackle spots. Excellent hand punch and strength. Could alos snap in an emergency.

Round 5: In my ideal scenario, this pick has been traded to the Tennessee Titans for CB Adam Jones.

Round 6: Dominique Barber - S - Minnesota – 6’0” 211 lbs.

Solidly built prospect who has improved with each year of experience. A leader in the secondary with the speed to cover 3rd receivers. Was the best player on a poor Gophers defense. Brother of Cowboys running back Marion Barber III (which might even help in long-term contract talks). Can be a solid special teams contributor.

Round 7: Orlando Scandrick - CB- Boise State - 5’11” 188 lbs.

Developmental cornerback prospect with good size/speed combination. Uses his hands well and is also solid in run support. Durable player who is also a good special teamer. Could develop into a solid #3 corner.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2029335 said:

Naturally-gifted playmaker at a need position. Hard worker and solid character individual. A ballhawk with excellent anticipation and hands for the interception. Instincts, character and work ethic. Think Chris McAlister with a better attitude.

Rare size/speed combination. Smooth and agile with good change of direction for his size. Great hands and focus on the ball. Has the size to be a dominant red zone target. A leader with a solid work ethic and the drive to improve. If not for a wrist injury, a player of this caliber wouldn’t be available here.

Highly productive, versatile back. Thick and muscular with a solid lower frame. Can handle a full-time workload if necessary.Attacks the line of scrimmage with great power and low center of gravity. Great pass catcher and can handle blitz pickup as well. One of the draft’s most versatile running backs. Could either spell or eventually replace Marion Barber if necessary.

Tremendous size for nose tackle position. Very strong with a quick first step. An experienced four year starter and two-time team captain. Motivated, hard-working player who plays with an attitude. This pick would eventually allow the Cowboys to transition Ratliff to DE.

Physical drive blocker with long arms and a thick frame. Versatile, has experience at both guard and tackle spots. Excellent hand punch and strength. Could alos snap in an emergency.

Round 5: In my ideal scenario, this pick has been traded to the Tennessee Titans for CB Adam Jones.

Solidly built prospect who has improved with each year of experience. A leader in the secondary with the speed to cover 3rd receivers. Was the best player on a poor Gophers defense. Brother of Cowboys running back Marion Barber III (which might even help in long-term contract talks). Can be a solid special teams contributor.

Developmental cornerback prospect with good size/speed combination. Uses his hands well and is also solid in run support. Durable player who is also a good special teamer. Could develop into a solid #3 corner.

If we go corner in th3e 1st trade 4 pacman why would we pick up another CB ? Other than that its ok i don't like ray rice but it's still decent.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2029335 said:

TOO LATE for Bryant he won't last past round 2 let alone late 3rd, and WAY WAY TOO EARLY for Felton and NO WAY A C.B. who runs a 4.32 at the combine lasts till round 7 in Scandrick!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2029344 said:
If we go corner in th3e 1st trade 4 pacman why would we pick up another CB ? Other than that its ok i don't like ray rice but it's still decent.

Because you never know what will happen with the guy, I don't think you left it affect your draft strategy too much.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2029344 said:

My thinking is that whatever Pacman brings should be regarded as a bonus - not counted on.

Therefore, I wouldn't alter my draft strategy if the Cowboys do trade for him.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Limas Sweed is all "measurables" and no "immeasurables"....
i.e. has great size and speed but not much of a gamer....overrated