For those going to Pittsburgh

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Just some words of advice.......try to get to your seat at least an hour before kickoff.

Heinz has what might be the slowest security in the world. They physically pat down everyone entering and it'll be even worse than usual with the bulky clothes that will be needed. People trying to enter a half hour or so before the game will still be standing in the security line mid-way through the first quarter.

Also, parking's a nightmare so if you don't have a parking pass, I'd suggest the Station Mall across the river and either taking the Gateway Clipper or the subway (across from Hooters) to downtown and hoofing it.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
These are all true statements. Heinz Field security is brutal if you wait until the last half hour or so. Make it before that and you'll be just fine. The Clipper is an interesting experience but it takes forever to get a boat on the way back from the stadium. It's also a bit pricey as well. You'll have trouble finding anything around the stadium as tailgaters will occupy this space bright and early. I always park a little further back on the North Side in the streets. It's free and easy access out of the city (especially if you're coming from the airport).

I'd be glad to help anyone looking for parking/transportation advice, but the best idea would be to just stay away from the stadium.

:)

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
There was a cool bar across the street named the "3 Dueces", but I think it's closed now.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2456691 said:
These are all true statements. Heinz Field security is brutal if you wait until the last half hour or so. Make it before that and you'll be just fine. The Clipper is an interesting experience but it takes forever to get a boat on the way back from the stadium. It's also a bit pricey as well. You'll have trouble finding anything around the stadium as tailgaters will occupy this space bright and early. I always park a little further back on the North Side in the streets. It's free and easy access out of the city (especially if you're coming from the airport).

I'd be glad to help anyone looking for parking/transportation advice, but the best idea would be to just stay away from the stadium.

:)

The streets on the North Side might not be the best advice if your car has Cowboys decals.:mad:

You're right about the Clipper being a pain to get on after the game but it's still only like ten bucks for a round trip.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hey SS, nice to see you posting. Thanks for sharing the info.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2456742 said:
The streets on the North Side might not be the best advice if your car has Cowboys decals.:mad:

You're right about the Clipper being a pain to get on after the game but it's still only like ten bucks for a round trip.

That's why the best advice I could offer is to just avoid Pittsburgh on Sunday at all costs.

:D