For those of you blaming MM

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
For those of you blaming MM for the offensive woes, how do you rationalize the fact that Dak had the same issues under KM?
The exact same claims of predictable offense was leveled against Moore and Linehan. How do you rationalize that three coaches created different offensive schemes and somehow all made it very predictable?

Zman5

Reaction score
The predictable offense predates Dak. People were blaming Romo for all the INTS, but it was JG's predictable crappy offense. Several opposing defensive players have said they knew what plays we were going to run before we ran it. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis and few other players from other teams have said this several time.

Sydla

Reaction score
For those of you blaming MM for the offensive woes, how do you rationalize the fact that Dak had the same issues under KM?
Simple. Both are not the best OCs.

But let's go a bit further. For all the issues we had with KM, the offense was more productive, especially in the RZ, than what we are seeing out of McCarthy's O. Further, the criticisms you see of McCarthy now were also stated in GB, especially at the end when the team just kind of flatlined. Even years before his running out of GB, he gave up playcalling duties only to then take them back and later (and nothing changed). At the end, the complaints were his offense was simplistic, he had way too many weird calls given certain defenses, etc.

He's not a very good OC. Doesn't mean Dak is great here. He likely needs to be sent packing this offseason if the season just keeps bumbling along. But not recognizing the mediocrity of McCarthy is a big mistake.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
In beating the 49ers? They are just a better team than we are. Micah disappeared in three of those loses just like Dak did. Under KM, wasn't Dak and our offense always in the top-5?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This must be the thread where we pretend Kellen Moore's offense wasn't the 2nd most productive in the league during his time here behind the Chiefs.

The "issues" Kellen had weren't real. Just a figment of a fan's imagination.

Verdict

Reaction score
This must be the thread where we pretend Kellen Moore's offense wasn't the 2nd most productive in the league during his time here behind the Chiefs.

The "issues" Kellen had weren't real. Just a figment of a fan's imagination.
You are starting to sound very pro Dak. Is that a new thing for you?

Verdict

Reaction score
In beating the 49ers? They are just a better team than we are. Micah disappeared in three of those loses just like Dak did. Under KM, wasn't Dak and our offense always in the top-5?
How did Dak play the previous two meetings with the 49ers? Same old same old. MM may not be the greatest play caller in history, but this problem existed before MM started calling plays

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think context matters here. Dak is a shadow of himself post injury. As to why (outside of a loss of some athleticism), I can't pin it. As Madden used to say "Maybe he heard footsteps".

From an eye test I feel as though a big part of Dak's early success was having just enough athleticism and size to scare a defense. He never had the touch, ball placement, and quick understanding of a defense that Romo had, and still doesn't even sniff it on Romo's level.

Romo was just unfortunately frail, and couldn't get a decent defense on the field when he finally mentally had the game down.

Dak is unfortunately a shell of the athlete (much like Zeke) that he used to be. So we've been watching him try to change his game, and personally I've rarely seen traits that are his weaknesses be developed at this stage in his career from any QB. I don't think it's in him. I just don't see it. He looks shook when he's challenged. Romo looked visibly angry, and adjusted.

Dak looks like someone in handcuffs when they get caught stealing. The mentality I "see" from him is a a boy that is terrified, and the play on the field matches that energy. Overthrown balls, balls thrown too hard when a soft touch would have been perfect, and a panic when things don't go right. Full panic. I hope we don't resign him, because I truly don't believe in him anymore. He doesn't have the "it". He's a Cam Newton without wheels.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I miss Romo’s ability to extend plays and create.

Dak’s just a pocket passer and not even a very good one.
I liked Romo too, but they both won two wild card games.

Jerry's Cowboys have always been more than a QB short, yet fans keep telling themselves all they need is the right QB.

I wish it was that simple with this clown show front office.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Moore was fruit of the Garrett/Linehan tree. McCarthy is just washed out at this point. The common root here is Jerry hiring peoplemhe feels most comfortable with, not who is going to be the best results on the field.
This. He hires yes men. Not the best qualified.